Hey Dodgers Fans

983,389 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
SoCalBear323
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The415;842202484 said:

Uh huh okay son....plus the additional 100 million u will add in payroll won't help u be brave in the clutch

Is it your money? Tax payer money? Then what's the deal?
The415
SoCalBear323;842202739 said:

Is it your money? Tax payer money? Then what's the deal?

Withering in the spotlight with a gutless performance when they needed their "A" game
SoCalBear323
The415;842202822 said:

Withering in the spotlight with a gutless performance when they needed their "A" game

Step your game up small market teams. Maybe go hire some front office guys from the A's.
sycasey
SoCalBear323;842202847 said:

Step your game up small market teams.

The St. Louis Cardinals already did.
GMP
SoCalBear323;842202409 said:

Yeah, and the Doyers are gonna move ahead of the Giants in all these in like 24 months. What will u say then?

Ah, another stupid Dodger fan (not all Dodger fans are stupid). Tough to see your ace get his a-s kicked while your star outfielder hangs him out to dry with boneheaded plays to cost him more runs, and more pitches? Hurt, didn't it, big guy? Welcome back to the baseball playoffs. I know it's been a while.

There is a lot of luck involved. You can't buy titles (See: The Yankees, since 2000, when they stopped relying on homegrown talent and started buying high priced free agents). You may win the division more than a few times, but the odds are against you winning two titles in even the next 20 years.

Edit: Typo
SoCalBear323
grandmastapoop;842202897 said:

Ah, another stupid Dodger fan (not all Dodger fans are stupid). Tough to see your ace get his a-s kicked while your star outfielder hangs him out to try with boneheaded plays to cost him more runs, and more pitches? Hurt, didn't it, big guy? Welcome back to the baseball playoffs. I know it's been a while.

There is a lot of luck involved. You can't buy titles (See: The Yankees, since 2000, when they stopped relying on homegrown talent and started buying high priced free agents). You may win the division more than a few times, but the odds are against you winning two titles in even the next 20 years.

You sound salty as hell Grandma.
GMP
SoCalBear323;842202908 said:

You sound salty as hell Grandma.

Might want to get your hearing checked, then.
86Oski
beelzebear;842200736 said:

And yet the Dodgers are still the superior franchise. Giants had Willie Mays, perhaps the greatest ball player ever. The Dodgers had Jack Roosevelt Robinson...the guy who made it possible for Mr. Mays to play in the first place. Willie Mays owes nothing to no body, minus one man and that man be a Dodger. Yup, it's nice being on the right side of history.

Any way, after two ownership runs by complete imbeciles, the Dodgers are back on track. Looks like it's going to be a pretty good ride.

Your move Giants fans.

Damnit...if Jackie Robinson forever established the Dodgers' superiority, why did you wait until after a thousand posts had been written in this thread to tell us that? Why are we only hearing about this Robinson fellow now???

Does the Robinson Effect extend to colleges, making UCLA forever superior to my alma mater?
sycasey
SchadenBear;842202451 said:

ENOUGH. KILL THIS TREAD.

Good luck with that, bud. 77 pages and counting.
GB54
According to the Nielsens 27.7% of homes in St Louis watched this series and 10.2% of homes in LA
beelzebear
GB54;842203009 said:

According to the Nielsens 27.7% of homes in St Louis watched this series and 10.2% of homes in LA

Yay!

750,000 viewers in St. Louis and 1,800,000 in LA.

LA pulled in more TV revenues which in turn go to the bigger payroll.

:bluecarrot:
SigOtherIsATrojan
beelzebear;842203020 said:

Yay!

750,000 viewers in St. Louis and 1,800,000 in LA.

LA pulled in more TV revenues which in turn go to the bigger payroll.

:bluecarrot:

And it did, they just inked Cuban second baseman Alexander Guerrero, likely a big upgrade over Mark Ellis.
SigOtherIsATrojan

Ah, another stupid Dodger fan (not all Dodger fans are stupid). Tough to see your ace get his a-s kicked while your star outfielder hangs him out to dry with boneheaded plays to cost him more runs, and more pitches? Hurt, didn't it, big guy? Welcome back to the baseball playoffs. I know it's been a while.

Must suck to see McCourt gone. Must have been nice when the Dodger organization didn't try for a decade. This was their first year under new ownership, they got to game 6 of the NLCS. They caught zero breaks this year on the injury front. Matt Kemp, the non steroid MVP of 2011, didn't even play.

The Giants won the ultimate prize in 2010 and 2012. Good for them. But the game goes on, they finished 10 games under .500 this year, their farm system stinks and their third baseman is obese. Plus the Dodgers are just getting started.
YuSeeBerkeley
SigOtherIsATrojan;842203036 said:

Must suck to see McCourt gone. Must have been nice when the Dodger organization didn't try for a decade. This was their first year under new ownership, they got to game 6 of the NLCS. They caught zero breaks this year on the injury front. Matt Kemp, the non steroid MVP of 2011, didn't even play.

Dodgers are playing into their market, they will continue to add on the free agency and trade front, while also building their system, which they've been doing behind the shadows the past 18 months. Other teams don't like it, too bad. The rest of the NL West better a figure a way to deal with the Dodgers because they are only going to get better.

The future is bright for the Dodgers, while dark days are ahead for the Giants. I mentioned it earlier, but nobody cares about the Giants. That's why their last World Series drew record low tv ratings. Meanwhile, the Dodgers are printing money with their new TV contract. Giants fans chirping about their 2 recent World Series wins will eventually sound like a barking Chihuahua. Annoying, but ultimately harmless. It'll only be a matter of time like the Heat during LeBron's first season. They fell short, and people got their shots in, but who got the last laugh?
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842202972 said:

Good luck with that, bud. 77 pages and counting.

This will survive many posters' lives. Kingdoms will rise and fall, while this thread soldiers on. This post will go on longer than our Rose Bowl drought. Book it.
GB54
KoreAmBear;842203056 said:

This will survive many posters' lives. Kingdoms will rise and fall, while this thread soldiers on. This post will go on longer than our Rose Bowl drought. Book it.

I propose the thread ends when either the Dodgers or Giants win their next series or until the world perishes - whichever is first
GinFizzBear
GB54;842203061 said:

I propose the thread ends when either the Dodgers or Giants win their next series or until the world perishes - whichever is first

GB54, congrats on your Red Sox making the WS. The Dodgers wound up going further than I believe you predicted, but still wound up $2 short of what I was hoping for.
GinFizzBear

Grandma. You are absolutely right about how Game 6 went down v Cardinals. You are also right that you can't buy titles. You can hire good players to help put your team in a position to win, but that's as far as it goes.

As far as your assessment of the odds of winning 2 titles in 20 years, you have no basis to say what those chances are. If you were to make a list of teams that have the resources and management to most likely win 2 titles in 20 years, I think you'd have to reasonably include LA. In fact, they've already won 2 World Series in a 20-year span, just as SF has. Not a very well-thought out part of your comment.
86Oski
GinFizzBear;842203162 said:

Grandma. You are absolutely right about how Game 6 went down v Cardinals. You are also right that you can't buy titles. You can hire good players to help put your team in a position to win, but that's as far as it goes.

As far as your assessment of the odds of winning 2 titles in 20 years, you have no basis to say what those chances are. If you were to make a list of teams that have the resources and management to most likely win 2 titles in 20 years, I think you'd have to reasonably include LA. In fact, they've already won 2 World Series in a 20-year span, just as SF has. Not a very well-thought out part of your comment.

I have no idea what the odds of LA winning two in the next 20 are, but I fully expect them to be a formidable division opponent for the foreseeable future. During Game 6, TBS put up a graphic on how long the key Dodgers were locked up, and only Kershaw, who will be in a contract year in 2014, has a contract expiring anytime soon. And I fully expect LA will lock him up sooner rather than later.

Doesn't mean they'll win it all, but I don't know anyone who follows baseball more than a little bit who would argue with the contention that the Ds should be expected to contend every year for the time being.
sycasey
86Oski;842203190 said:

I have no idea what the odds of LA winning two in the next 20 are, but I fully expect them to be a formidable division opponent for the foreseeable future. During Game 6, TBS put up a graphic on how long the key Dodgers were locked up, and only Kershaw, who will be in a contract year in 2014, has a contract expiring anytime soon. And I fully expect LA will lock him up sooner rather than later.

Doesn't mean they'll win it all, but I don't know anyone who follows baseball more than a little bit who would argue with the contention that the Ds should be expected to contend every year for the time being.

Yup, the Dodgers will certainly be contenders for some time to come. Then again, for most of my lifetime they have been and only have one championship to show for it. As someone who has watched baseball for a long time, I know that predicting multiple championships is a foolish idea. This isn't like the NBA where getting one guy (LeBron) really does make you a championship team right away; in baseball lots of little things need to go right (not all of them being things you can throw money at) and you really don't know when that will all happen at once.

Anyway, you know who else didn't catch any breaks last year with injuries? The Giants. I'd put even money on the Giants getting back in the mix again next year.
GB54
GinFizzBear;842203160 said:

GB54, congrats on your Red Sox making the WS. The Dodgers wound up going further than I believe you predicted, but still wound up $2 short of what I was hoping for.

Appreciated Ginn Fizz. Go Bears
SoCalBear323
sycasey;842203233 said:

Yup, the Dodgers will certainly be contenders for some time to come. Then again, for most of my lifetime they have been and only have one championship to show for it. As someone who has watched baseball for a long time, I know that predicting multiple championships is a foolish idea. This isn't like the NBA where getting one guy (LeBron) really does make you a championship team right away; in baseball lots of little things need to go right (not all of them being things you can throw money at) and you really don't know when that will all happen at once.

Anyway, you know who else didn't catch any breaks last year with injuries? The Giants. I'd put even money on the Giants getting back in the mix again next year.

For most of your lifetime, they didn't have these owners. You and a few others here are in serious denial.
sycasey
SoCalBear323;842203257 said:

For most of your lifetime, they didn't have these owners. You and a few others here are in serious denial.

Yes, the person who didn't guarantee 2 consecutive World Series titles is in denial.
86Oski
sycasey;842203278 said:

Yes, the person who didn't guarantee 2 consecutive World Series titles is in denial.

:hammer:
GMP
GinFizzBear;842203162 said:

The Dodgers have not won 2 titles in 20 years. They won one 25 years ago. If you're referring to 1981, that was 32 years ago. Again, not a pace of 2 in 20 years.

My basis for saying so is simple (loose) math. If a team wins a World Series every ten years, that's pretty darn good. A fanbase should be quite happy with a WS ring every ten years. I was responding to someone who suggested the Dodgers will win the next two World Series. While I suppose that is possible, the odds are not good. I as simply responding that 2 titles in 20 years is more realistic.
SoCalBear323
Giants are pretty much the Clippers now, get used to it and take it like men.

Big bad LA is the city of champions.

Lakers, Kings, Galaxy, Dodgers, grab your ankles Bay Area.
GMP
SoCalBear323;842203287 said:

YOU HAVEN'T WON A TITLE IN TWENTY FIVE YEARS. WE'VE WON TWO IN THE LAST THREE.

Maybe "shouting" will help you "hear" it. You do realize that your team just got knocked out of the playoffs, right? You sound like such a nitwit talking trash and calling yourself the City of Champions when your team hasn't won a World Series in 25 years.
SoCalBear323
You do realize your team won't be in the playoffs in the forseable future right? Lol

The Dodgers will get their rings and parades very soon and join the other LA elite.
GMP
SoCalBear323;842203296 said:

You do realize your team won't be in the playoffs in the forseable future right? Lol

The Dodgers will get their rings and parades very soon and join the other LA elite.

Yeah, your ability to tell the future re baseball playoffs has already been established: You suck at it.
SoCalBear323
grandmastapoop;842203302 said:

Yeah, your ability to tell the future re baseball playoffs has already been established: You suck at it.

Would you really bet against it?

And I would throw UCLA in there but you'd probably just cry.
GMP
SoCalBear323;842203305 said:

I would throw UCLA in there but you'd probably just cry.

SoCalBear323:
09-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Dodgers in a sweep.

Lulz.
SoCalBear323
A team in last place making fun of the division champion, that's rich.

Hey you guys seen Stanford's punter? He punts like a girl. Zing.
86Oski
SoCalBear323;842203309 said:

A team in last place making fun of the division champion, that's rich.

You got us there, SoCal. RAISE THAT DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP BANNER WITH PRIDE!
ducky23
SoCalBear323;842203287 said:

If you're going to troll, at least put in some effort.

Warriors > Lakers
Sharks (7-0-1) > Kings
Niners > USC?
you can have your futbol team, enjoy that.

yeah, the bay area is just getting owned right now. lol

lets not forget that the Warriors, niners and even our stuipd futbol team are all moving into new stadiums/arenas soon.

post back when the dodgers actually win something.
SoCalBear323
Warriors over Lakers and Sharks over the Kings. Sure man.
First Page Last Page
Page 33 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.