Hey Dodgers Fans

983,122 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YuSeeBerkeley;842306765 said:

I get that Warriors fans are probably used to having the goal of not finishing dead last in their conference given their pathetic history, but not all fan bases think that way. I would've much preferred the Lakers fall dead last in the conference and gain the extra 56 ping pong balls to be in a better position to win the lottery in one of the deepest and most talented draft classes in quite some time. Enjoy the first round exit, though.

If there's one thing Warriors fans have an intimate understanding of, it's the NBA lottery. Let me give you a hint: the fact that you think it's one of the "deepest and most talented draft classes in quite some time" means that the benefit of having the 2nd pick vs the 6th pick means less than it would in a weak draft.

In my perfect world, the Lakers will become familiar with drafting in the lottery for the next 100 years, but I fear they will rebuild through free agency because LA is a big market with no real competition for the Lakers (sorry Doyers fans, the Lakers are the biggest draw in town).
sycasey
Unit2Sucks;842306810 said:

In my perfect world, the Lakers will become familiar with drafting in the lottery for the next 100 years, but I fear they will rebuild through free agency because LA is a big market with no real competition for the Lakers (sorry Doyers fans, the Lakers are the biggest draw in town).

Also, Lakers fans are insane and will tear that city apart if the team is bad for an extended period of time.
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey;842306825 said:

Also, Lakers fans are insane and will tear that city apart if the team is bad for an extended period of time.

Can't wait.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842306825 said:

It's hard to watch an NBA team where Jodie Meeks gets tons of playing time.

That Time Warner deal with the Lakers is a disaster for them. It's like watching the Lakers on The Drive 24/7. Who wants to watch that drivel - just like The Drive in a 1-11 season.
2ndTrumpetBear
rathokan

:rollinglaugh:
NYCGOBEARS
rathokan;842306930 said:

:rollinglaugh:

It worked mostly, didn't it?
BeggarEd
YuSeeBerkeley;842306765 said:

I get that Warriors fans are probably used to having the goal of not finishing dead last in their conference given their pathetic history, but not all fan bases think that way. I would've much preferred the Lakers fall dead last in the conference and gain the extra 56 ping pong balls to be in a better position to win the lottery in one of the deepest and most talented draft classes in quite some time. Enjoy the first round exit, though.

sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;842306935 said:

It worked mostly, didn't it?

In fairness, you can't expect the bleacher bums to still be sober by the 7th inning.
glb78
sycasey;842306948 said:

In fairness, you can't expect the bleacher bums to still be sober by the 7th inning.

I'm a witness.
ducky23
ducky23;842306627 said:

Underdogs v. Prima Donnas

North v. South

King Rob v. King Joffrey

who will prevail?

Giants 2 - Dodgers 0

A's 1 - Angels 1

Warriors 0 - Clippers 0

Sharks 0 - Kings 0
-------------------
3-1.....so far

King Rob got off to a fast start as well.

Giants 2 v dodgers 1

A's 2 v angels 1

Sharks 1 v kings 0

Warriors 1 - clippers 0
-----
King Rob draws first blood, captures the king slayer. Let's see if he can avoid getting married and keep his oath to the freys.
GRRAAH
3 in a row...guess the Giants have chosen to fade in April instead of June this year...
NYCGOBEARS
GRRAAH;842307545 said:

3 in a row...guess the Giants have chosen to fade in April instead of June this year...

Don't make me post the dirt I have on you.
YuSeeBerkeley
NYCGOBEARS;842306510 said:

First place!

First place!
rathokan
KoreAmBear;842306830 said:

It's hard to watch an NBA team where Jodie Meeks gets tons of playing time.

That Time Warner deal with the Lakers is a disaster for them. It's like watching the Lakers on The Drive 24/7. Who wants to watch that drivel - just like The Drive in a 1-11 season.

Am I the only one who likes Jodie Meeks? Good shooter, although streaky, gives great effort, and has really expanded his game this year. I hope he's on the team next season... But hopefully coming off the bench as there are better guys at his position ahead of him.
BeggarEd
Season series (Giants v. Dodgers games only) wins as of this morning...

Giants: 5
Dodgers: 2
NYCGOBEARS
BeggarEd;842314347 said:

Season series (Giants v. Dodgers games only) wins as of this morning...

Giants: 5
Dodgers: 2

Go Giants. Beat LA!
SoCalBear323
How about them Warriors?
KoreAmBear
SoCalBear323;842314380 said:

How about them Warriors?

$240M team relies on Jamey Wright (several times now) to keep us in tight games. That ain't gonna work.
RoseBowlThirsty

How about them Warriors?

Future is still very bright.
YuSeeBerkeley

How about them Warriors?

Come on. Everybody knows a regular season baseball game in May is more meaningful than the postseason in the NBA and NHL combined.
sycasey

How about them Warriors?

It was always a longshot to win that series without Bogut. Taking it to 7 games was an accomplishment.
SoCalBear323
sycasey;842314414 said:

It was always a longshot to win that series without Bogut. Taking it to 7 games was an accomplishment.

Well, congratulations then.
NYCGOBEARS
SoCalBear323;842314583 said:

Well, congratulations then.

Thought you were a Lakers fan? The Clippers beating the Warriors is the go to LA misdirection ploy for whenever the Doyers lose to the Giants now, I guess.

Yeah GRRAAH, I'm talking to you too.
glb78
Go Giants!
BeggarEd
NYCGOBEARS;842314585 said:

Thought you were a Lakers fan? The Clippers beating the Warriors is the go to LA misdirection ploy for whenever the Doyers lose to the Giants now, I guess.

Lakers clownshoes... 2nd worst team in the west or the team with the crazy racist owner? Pick your poison with LA hoops right now
GMP
Man, I sure wish the Giants could play the Dodgers EVERY game.
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;842314585 said:

I was wondering when all the Lakers fans were going to start acting like they were always Clippers fans. Look like it's already started.
GMP
sycasey;842314677 said:

I was wondering when all the Lakers fans were going to start acting like they were always Clippers fans. Look like it's already started.

Just like the last time it started - back in 2005.

I will say this for Laker fans - a (Dodger fan) friend was at a Dodger game a few weeks back, right at the start of the NBA playoffs. He told me that the Clippers score was announced (Clippers won) or a Clipper threw out the first pitch (I forget which it was), and the Dodger crowd booed.
ducky23
I have an honest question for dodger fans.

Is puig worth it?

Dodgers have an unlimited payroll. Can sign whoever they want. Could probably find someone maybe not quite as talented but probably someone less of a headache.

The dodgers clubhouse is pretty solid with guys like kershaw, greinke, kemp etc. but one or two bad apples can cause a lot of distractions. Not saying that's what's happening right now, just don't see why you'd take a risk with puig when you could just buy any other right fielder.
GMP
They're a bit busy right now.

(Language NSFW)
rathokan
that was too f'n funny
rathokan
sycasey;842314677 said:

F the Clippers... they were gifted Chris Paul after Stern vetoed the trade to the Lakers cuz the other NBA owners got upset that the trade would put the Lakers under the cap and the cheap a$$es like Dan Gilbert (Cavs) were afraid they wouldn't receive their luxury tax revenue sharing check from the Lakers. Blake Griffin is a sorry flopper w/ an ugly game. Glad the Dodgers fans booed Chris Paul when they showed his mug on the jumbotron at Dodgers Stadium.
rathokan
oh and nice job by the clippers putting up giant selfies to cover up all the lakers championship banners and retired jerseys
glb78
http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/madison-bumgarner-yasiel-puig-home-run-video/228848
First Page Last Page
Page 38 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.