Hey Dodgers Fans

983,358 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
tydog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
beelzebear;842332991 said:

Well lads, the All-star break is here and your Los Angeles Dodger have caught the SF Giants and lead the NL West by 1 game. But the big news is the once mighty farm system is hitting on all cylinders again. Need something cool to search: Julio Urias 17 y.o. lefty with a 97 mph fastball and a killer curve. They say he's ready now. I like it, all the money you can freakin' spead AND a good farm system.

Let's be honest, the two best teams in baseball right now are the A's and the Halos.

Between the Doyers, Giants, A's and Angels I think we have a good chance at an all Cali World Series this year. Go Halos!
chazzed
tydog;842333000 said:

Let's be honest, the two best teams in baseball right now are the A's and the Halos.

Between the Doyers, Giants, A's and Angels I think we have a good chance at an all Cali World Series this year. Go Halos!

Definitely Go Halos!, but they have largely been feasting on mediocre teams recently. Successful teams do this, of course, but we have a tough stretch after the break.
86Oski
On the eve of the renewal of the rivalry, it's time to bump this thread. G-men are back in first place by 1.5 games after a nice 5-2 road trip. But the Doyers set up their rotation after the ASG break and are trotting out Greinke, Kershaw and Ryu this weekend. Should be fun.

Let's go Giants!
KoreAmBear
86Oski;842336343 said:

On the eve of the renewal of the rivalry, it's time to bump this thread. G-men are back in first place by 1.5 games after a nice 5-2 road trip. But the Doyers set up their rotation after the ASG break and are trotting out Greinke, Kershaw and Ryu this weekend. Should be fun.

Let's go Giants!

Jamey Wright, Chris Perez and Dan Haren are just junk (as pitchers). I'm sure they're OK dudes but they're killing us. I don't trust the Beard or League either in tight spots. Only two guys in the pen are lights out reliable -- JP Howell and Kenley Jansen. Doyers have a really shaky pen right now, and that's no way to go into the stretch run. Seeing what the Gigantes did to Papelbon, I'm not sure I want him either (and esp. his contract).
86Oski
KoreAmBear;842336345 said:

Jamey Wright, Chris Perez and Dan Haren are just junk.

Every team has some players who cause their fans to cringe when they enter the game. Recently, the Giants have been featuring lineups that have anywhere from 2 to 4 guys who really should be hitting eighth if they're in the lineup at all...makes it tough to win games.
86Oski
BTW...post # 1500 in this thread!
sycasey
KoreAmBear;842336345 said:

Jamey Wright, Chris Perez and Dan Haren are just junk (as pitchers). I'm sure they're OK dudes but they're killing us. I don't trust the Beard or League either in tight spots. Only two guys in the pen are lights out reliable -- JP Howell and Kenley Jansen. Doyers have a really shaky pen right now, and that's no way to go into the stretch run. Seeing what the Gigantes did to Papelbon, I'm not sure I want him either (and esp. his contract).

Outside of Puig, the outfield also looks pretty bad. Kemp, Ethier, and Crawford are shells of their former selves. But they are owed a lot of money so they feel like they have to keep running them out there.

After a couple of big runs in the first half it seems like the race has normalized. Gonna be interesting to the end. Both teams are good but not great.
NYCGOBEARS
Looks like the Doyers and/or Gigantes are gonna limp into the postseason the way the injuries are piling up.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842336351 said:

Outside of Puig, the outfield also looks pretty bad. Kemp, Ethier, and Crawford are shells of their former selves. But they are owed a lot of money so they feel like they have to keep running them out there.

After a couple of big runs in the first half it seems like the race has normalized. Gonna be interesting to the end. Both teams are good but not great.

Yup. Kemp will never get back to his 2011 form -- he always threatens to do so like for 2-3 game stretches and then back to being average. Ethier seems to be just tired and done. He only had one year where he hit over 100 RBI anyway. He never really reached his potential in any year. Crawford surprisingly was actually playing really well until he turned his ankle about a month and a half ago. I think Beckett also has turned back to being a pumpkin. We'll see if this injury has basically returned him to the Beckett of the last 4 years.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;842336354 said:

Yup. Kemp will never get back to his 2011 form -- he always threatens to do so like for 2-3 game stretches and then back to being average.

And his defense has fallen to well below average, which basically negates what good he does with the bat. I've heard the Dodgers have some good prospects in AAA that could replace one of these guys (the Giants don't), but for now it looks like the roster is blocked up because of the contracts involved.
GB54
KoreAmBear;842336354 said:

Yup. Kemp will never get back to his 2011 form -- he always threatens to do so like for 2-3 game stretches and then back to being average. Ethier seems to be just tired and done. He only had one year where he hit over 100 RBI anyway. He never really reached his potential in any year. Crawford surprisingly was actually playing really well until he turned his ankle about a month and a half ago. I think Beckett also has turned back to being a pumpkin. We'll see if this injury has basically returned him to the Beckett of the last 4 years.

Dodgers should trade some prospects and cash for Pedroia, Johnny Gomes, Jake Peavy and three or four others.
86Oski
BTW, I forgot to mention Saturday's pitching matchup: Vogelsong vs. Kershaw.
OldBlue1999
86Oski;842336347 said:

BTW...post # 1500 in this thread!

When will you miscreants learn...this is a Cal football board! CAL!

[video=youtube;b438r4PAp4A][/video]
beelzebear
^^^ Always support the team in [COLOR="#0000FF"]BLUE[/COLOR].
KoreAmBear
beelzebear;842336616 said:

^^^ Always support the team in [COLOR="#0000FF"]BLUE[/COLOR].

This thread is getting close to 100,000 views! I wonder what Adrian the Cal Bear is doing now?
GRRAAH
GB54;842336361 said:

Dodgers should trade some prospects and cash for Pedroia, Johnny Gomes, Jake Peavy and three or four others.

Peavy off the market today...with Uggla, the Giants are poised for their great run!:cheer
beelzebear
Q: Puig hit how many triples against the Gigantes last nigh?
A: Three, tres, (3)...and a modern day record for triples in a game.
NYCGOBEARS
I woke up with a strange ache in my rear this morning.
GB54
GRRAAH;842336907 said:

Peavy off the market today...with Uggla, the Giants are poised for their great run!:cheer

Peavy should be better in the National League though that may mean he lasts 6 innings instead of five.
beelzebear
2 down, 1 to go...
rathokan
Clayton Kershaw's lifetime ERA at AT&T going into tonight's game: 0.76. Now it's 0.69.

Love that guy.
Golden One
rathokan;842337069 said:

Clayton Kershaw's lifetime ERA at AT&T going into tonight's game: 0.76. Now it's 0.69.

Love that guy.

I'm a Giants fan, but I'm afraid they're just not good enough to provide a serious challenge to the Dodgers this season. They just don't have enough pop at the plate, and their starting pitching is average at best. When you get past Posey, Pence, Morris, and Sandoval, and possibly Belt, you have a bunch of guys who just don't have legitimate Big League credentials. Their pitching staff is Bumgarner, Hudson, Lincecum and not much else. Their bull pen is average to slightly above average. That combination is not likely to get you very far in the post season, assuming they make it there. Sabean has his work cut out for him in the off-season, and he hasn't done a particularly great job upgrading the roster the past couple of years.
UrsusTexicanus
rathokan;842337069 said:

Love that guy.

For those with long memories, Kershaw = Sandy Koufax in his prime.... and for Giants fans that = dammit!!!!
moonpod
Hey unless we sweep 'em we don't leave in first so don't count chix til hatched. That being said. Kershaw is a BOSS and Puig is blossoming. Greinke and Ryu are legit. If Beckett's hip isn't that bad then the Doyers are gonna b tough to beat out
GMP
beelzebear;842337065 said:

2 down, 1 to go...

You guys are real jerks, rubbing it in every time you win.
bonsallbear
grandmastapoop;842337149 said:

You guys are real jerks, rubbing it in every time you win.

I think there's a bit of pot & kettle going on here. There's a lot of season left to play and methinks a lot of arrows left in everyone's quiver. Either team could put together a good run and leave the other in the dust. I hope it's the Dodgers.
Calling Adrian.....How did Vogelsang do yesterday?
Golden One
Yeah, the guy is just unbeatable right now. Pitchers like that don't come along very often.
GMP
bonsallbear;842337170 said:

I think there's a bit of pot & kettle going on here. There's a lot of season left to play and methinks a lot of arrows left in everyone's quiver. Either team could put together a good run and leave the other in the dust. I hope it's the Dodgers.
Calling Adrian.....How did Vogelsang do yesterday?

I was kidding, bro.
liverflukes
Quote:

grandmastapoop;842337269 said:

I was kidding, bro.

Most of us know you were were kidding. As a Dodger fan though, suck it bro. Still, Good luck in the 8th and 9th. Even if you win, the Giants can kiss my ass!

Please don't let any commentary here dissuade you from posting poignant posts on other topics. I may hate you as a Giant's fan but I value you as a Cal poster. On this subject, I will not waver. In fact, I will fight with you hand in hand across the field and across generations to see this through.

Humbly yours,

flukes

P.S.
The Giants suck
moonpod
K. K. K.

Sweep
2ndTrumpetBear
Well done, boys. Now keep it going.
beelzebear
NYCGOBEARS
Hats off to the Dodgers. They played a great series. Pitched and hit really well and looked like the imposing team that many projected them to be.

If the Giants don't get Pagan back, serviceable play from 2nd base and better starting pitching, things are gonna get tougher.
liverflukes
I think it is important to memorialize how much the Giants suck.

This thread seems like a good place for it.

Naw...Somebody please do it for me. I can't talk trash here. I'm weak like that.
NYCGOBEARS
liverflukes;842337288 said:

I can't talk trash here. I'm weak like that.

You're being too modest.
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.