Hey Dodgers Fans

995,854 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Big C
BowDowntoWashington
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The talk about Peavy "dominating" the Dodgers was comical. That was years ago against a different lineup and Peavy was a far better pitcher back then. Loving the Dan Uggla pick up too. Thank you Sabean!

The Dodgers will be in good shape if Beckett is healthy and if they can add a reliever before the deadline.
liverflukes
NYCGOBEARS;842337290 said:

You're being too modest.

How's this:

Hey, Adrian "the Cal Bear"...Are you still looking for a job? I know you left posting for a job search after Cal.

Give us bears down here in in So. Cal a call. It would be best for you if you wore a Dodgers cap to the interview but whatever brother...we'll take care of you regardless.

GO BEARS!
beelzebear
BowDowntoWashington;842337291 said:

The talk about Peavy "dominating" the Dodgers was comical. That was years ago against a different lineup and Peavy was a far better pitcher back then. Loving the Dan Uggla pick up too. Thank you Sabean!

The Dodgers will be in good shape if Beckett is healthy and if they can add a reliever before the deadline.

Peavy was a Dodger killer, until now. He had something like a 14-2 record previously. Welp the spell has been broken. I thought it was a good move by Los Gigantes regardless.
SoCalBear323
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3388[/ATTACH]
rathokan
86Oski;842336572 said:

BTW, I forgot to mention Saturday's pitching matchup: Vogelsong vs. Kershaw.

Haha how it all started
KoreAmBear
liverflukes;842337292 said:

How's this:

Hey, Adrian "the Cal Bear"...Are you still looking for a job? I know you left posting for a job search after Cal.

Give us bears down here in in So. Cal a call. It would be best for you if you wore a Dodgers cap to the interview but whatever brother...we'll take care of you regardless.

GO BEARS!

Classic. Poor Adrian.
GB54
Rumors in the Boston papers of Jon Lester going to the Dodgers for Kemp, and prospects.
sycasey
beelzebear;842337293 said:

Peavy was a Dodger killer, until now. He had something like a 14-2 record previously. Welp the spell has been broken. I thought it was a good move by Los Gigantes regardless.

Peavy is no life-saver, but he will almost certainly be better than whoever would have been the 5th starter. With Matt Cain hurting, that becomes a bigger issue. Uggla is also not particularly good, but again, the Giants were running out scrubs over at second base, so it probably can't be much worse.

What the Giants really need is for Pagan and Belt to come back healthy, because the offense looks really bad against good pitching right now. Not too surprising given that half of the lineup stinks with those guys out.
86Oski
The three game deficit feels like 13, given how the Giants are (not) hitting. Meanwhile, the Dodgers should relax and not feel compelled to win the division this year, as Vin announced he's coming back in 2015 (link). Glad to hear it!
NYCGOBEARS
The Giants right now are unwatchable.
86Oski
NYCGOBEARS;842338058 said:

The Giants right now are unwatchable.

The good news is they're heading out on the road after today's game...it's crazy how bad they've been at AT&T.

I'd also say it's pretty clear that Dan Uggla is not the answer, unless the question is, "Who could the Giants sign to make their offense even more putrid?"
NYCGOBEARS
86Oski;842338072 said:

The good news is they're heading out on the road after today's game...it's crazy how bad they've been at AT&T.

I'd also say it's pretty clear that Dan Uggla is not the answer, unless the question is, "Who could the Giants sign to make their offense even more putrid?"

I hope Uggla invested well cuz he's beyond done.
beelzebear
LINK: Vin Scully - a Look at a Legendary Career
NYCGOBEARS
beelzebear;842338080 said:

LINK: Vin Scully - a Look at a Legendary Career

I love Vin Scully.

Signed,

Life long Giants fan.
jyamada
NYCGOBEARS;842338077 said:

He's made 62 million in salary through 2014 and Atlanta is on the hook for another 13 million in 2015. Hope he didn't **** all that away. Even so, he could probably retire on his 2015 salary! Besides, he just has to wait 10 years or so and then his MLB pension can kick in.
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;842338077 said:

The only good news is that the Braves have to pay his salary, not the Giants.
86Oski
And now it's time for everyone's favorite game -- how many Giants in today's lineup really should be hitting 8th? Today, we have four 8th place hitters -- Crawford (batting 2nd), Panik (batting 6th), Blanco (batting 7th) and Susac (batting 8th). It's an offense only Doug Cosbie could love. (Secretly hoping for the 86Oski reverse-jinx, causing the Gs to score sixteen runs.)
beelzebear
Chin up Gigantes fans...geez you're still in the wild card hunt...for now.

Seriously, see what winning a WS does...it creates EXPECTATIONS. The anxiety level for Giants fans is now higher than any time in the past. Still what a remarkable turn around from being at the Stick and sucking to now, new stadium, good baseball, winning.
sycasey
beelzebear;842338133 said:

Chin up Gigantes fans...geez you're still in the wild card hunt...for now.

Seriously, see what winning a WS does...it creates EXPECTATIONS. The anxiety level for Giants fans is now higher than any time in the past. Still what a remarkable turn around from being at the Stick and sucking to now, new stadium, good baseball, winning.

Nah, I was a lot more anxious when the Giants had never won a World Series (since moving to S.F.). Now I'm just a run-of-the-mill sports fan annoyed when his team sucks.
sycasey
86Oski;842338124 said:

And now it's time for everyone's favorite game -- how many Giants in today's lineup really should be hitting 8th? Today, we have four 8th place hitters -- Crawford (batting 2nd), Panik (batting 6th), Blanco (batting 7th) and Susac (batting 8th). It's an offense only Doug Cosbie could love. (Secretly hoping for the 86Oski reverse-jinx, causing the Gs to score sixteen runs.)

Crawford and Blanco at least have some history of being serviceable major-league hitters (and they play good defense too). Those other guys, though . . . yuck. Injuries suck.
beelzebear
sycasey;842338139 said:

Nah, I was a lot more anxious when the Giants had never won a World Series (since moving to S.F.). Now I'm just a run-of-the-mill sports fan annoyed when his team sucks.

Yah sure...but the key bit of information here is that the Giants don't suck right now. Not from a historic point of view. Sucking was the Johnny LaMasters and Dave Kingman Giants. See what I mean.
sycasey
beelzebear;842338145 said:

Yah sure...but the key bit of information here is that the Giants don't suck right now. Not from a historic point of view. Sucking was the Johnny LaMasters and Dave Kingman Giants. See what I mean.

Well, since June they basically have sucked. But yeah, there certainly have been worse teams.
bonsallbear
Let's see what the trade deadline brings tomorrow. If the Dodgers improve their pitching it's lights out.
GRRAAH
Looks like L-L-L-Linsecum has reverted to form, but today at least, their crack bullpen bailed them out!
rathokan
well... looks like Matt Kemp's off the trading block
GRRAAH
Anyone care to guess the over under as to when the boys in blue will open up a double digit lead? My guess is August 18.
GB54
GRRAAH;842338720 said:

Anyone care to guess the over under as to when the boys in blue will open up a double digit lead? My guess is August 18.

You don't have more faith than that in the Padres?
bonsallbear
GB54;842338726 said:

You don't have more faith than that in the Padres?

My pick is Kershaw over Wainwright for Cy Young
rathokan
GRRAAH;842338720 said:

I actually don't have that much faith in our Dodgers... they've been getting fat on the rest of the NL Worst... and playing .500 against everybody else. They could use some bullpen help and a 4th starter.
KoreAmBear
rathokan;842338820 said:

I actually don't have that much faith in our Dodgers... they've been getting fat on the rest of the NL Worst... and playing .500 against everybody else. They could use some bullpen help and a 4th starter.

Well they beat up on the Braves pretty good. The starting 3 is the best in baseball. After that, they are somewhat mediocre. I would get rid of Haren. I'd rather start Fife than Haren. Now looks like Maholm is going to be down. Bring up Paco for goodness sakes.
GRRAAH
Royal BLUE sweep and the Giants appear finished. Go Dodgers!
bonsallbear
GRRAAH;842338720 said:

A bit optimistic considering their relief corps. A serious problem going forward. Hernandez was a good pick from Philly to bolster their backend starters. Correia from the Twinkies = maybe he gets used in middle relief.

Another stellar game from Kershaw last night. A solid if not spectacular 8 innings and oh btw , a nice double play on the squeeze play and a solid single rbi. Anyone not think he's going to grab his third Cy Young?
KoreAmBear
bonsallbear;842341658 said:

A bit optimistic considering their relief corps. A serious problem going forward. Hernandez was a good pick from Philly to bolster their backend starters. Correia from the Twinkies = maybe he gets used in middle relief.

Another stellar game from Kershaw last night. A solid if not spectacular 8 innings and oh btw , a nice double play on the squeeze play and a solid single rbi. Anyone not think he's going to grab his third Cy Young?

Dodgers are elite on the front end (Kersh, Greinke, Ryu), but then very average in the bully except for the closer and at the back end of the rotation. Hanley has been injured all season and even when somewhat healthy not incredibly productive. Good thing that Gonzo is starting to heat up again, as he has had one of his worst average years in his career (I think caught up with Stanton for #1 RBI though). The Doyer offense shuts down quite often though. I think if they make it, they will be fine in the playoffs due to the front end of the rotation. They need that 4th guy to be solid though as what killed them last year was Ricky Nolasco (he sucked in Sept and the playoffs) so Doyers had to burn Kersh more than they would have liked.
86Oski

Anyone not think [Kershaw's] going to grab his third Cy Young?

Sure looks like he will. I would think either Cueto or Wainwright will be second...a very distant second.
GB54

Adrian and a couple of the guys on Telegraph.
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.