Hey Dodgers Fans

983,209 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig;842393195 said:

Pardon my ignorance, what the heck is an uber?

Oh, okay. I had to look that up.

it's like a lyft without the pink mustaches.
BearDevil
86Oski;842393070 said:

Let's get the hot stove going.

Dodger fans, what moves do you want to see this winter, and what do you expect to see? Obviously the bullpen is an area of need. Do the Doyers make a run at Romo? Anyone else on this list of free agents? http://m.mlb.com/news/article/99866452/list-of-upcoming-mlb-free-agents

For the Giant fans, obviously the big (250 to 320 lbs., depending on the time of year) is what to do with Panda. I have to say that I'm not crazy about the idea of the Gs giving him a 5-year deal with Pence-like money or more. So I say if Boston or some other team wants to pay him that much and Pablo wants the extra dough, we wish him well and figure out some other option at third base (maybe Posey, eventually).

Also, I expect none of Vogey, Peavy or Morse to be back, so left field and starting pitcher are areas of need. (I suppose Vogey might be back if he's willing to take a modest contract.)

It's all about Pablo. Giants are probably all in on resigning Pablo up to 5 years and $100 Million, but anything above either of those gets iffy. A LF upgrade is a nice to have, but 3rd base and another starter are probably bigger concerns. Petit/Timmy will compete for the fifth spot, but I do think the Giants need a stronger third starter than Huddy. Unless Panda totally blows out the payroll, they can afford a decent third starter since Bum is still getting paid (less than $7 Million in 2015) like a fourth or fifth starter. They can maybe hold out until the trading deadline, but they're losing both Huddy and Timmy after next season, so I think they'd want a solid third starter now. Probably also need another long reliever if Petit or Timmy is in the starting rotation. Peavy and Vogey likely aren't coming back. Romo's probably gone as well. Morse might still have a shot. If Panda leaves, Giants will lack offensive pop, so they may resign Morse for another 2 seasons at the right price.
bar20
TheSouseFamily;842392960 said:

I think we can all agree that Brian Wilson is not "clean". He looks like a devil witch that sleeps under the freeway overpass.

He takes cocaine, dyes it black and rubs in his beard. When he needs a little extra on his pitches he brushes his beard with his pitching hand and then goes to his nose. Watch him next season.
stanfurdbites
Congrats to Clayton for winning his 3rd Cy Young award. Quite a feat for a 26-year old.

Meanwhile, 25-year old Madison Bumgarner is getting fitted for his 3rd World Series ring ... I wonder which one I'd rather have.

7-3, 2.14, 0.88, 7.8 k/9, 3 rings

1-5, 5.12, 1.24, 10.2 k/9, 0 rings
BoaltBear
Burn!
GMP
stanfurdbites;842400650 said:

Congrats to Clayton for winning his 3rd Cy Young award. Quite a feat for a 26-year old.

Meanwhile, 25-year old Madison Bumgarner is getting fitted for his 3rd World Series ring ... I wonder which one I'd rather have.

7-3, 2.14, 0.88, 7.8 k/9, 3 rings

1-5, 5.12, 1.24, 10.2 k/9, 0 rings

Wow, he's lost more than entire 7-game series worth of games all by himself in only 6 decisions! Impressive.
71Bear
Let's see: Timmy 2 Cy Young's, 3 Rings and 2 no hitters
Kershaw 3 Cy Young's, 0 Rings, 1 no hitter

Hell. I'll take Timmy over Kershaw.......
86Oski
Congrats to Kershaw...definitely well-deserved. I joked around earlier in this thread about his post-season troubles, but in all honesty, I think that's more a case of the Cardinals having his number for whatever reason than him not being "clutch." In any event, if he wants to skip all his starts against SF next year, I have no objection.
rathokan
86Oski;842400660 said:

Congrats to Kershaw...definitely well-deserved. I joked around earlier in this thread about his post-season troubles, but in all honesty, I think that's more a case of the Cardinals having his number for whatever reason than him not being "clutch." In any event, if he wants to skip all his starts against SF next year, I have no objection.

Kershaw:

clutch in the playoffs: no

clutch against the Giants: yes
NYCGOBEARS
rathokan;842400672 said:

Kershaw:

clutch in the playoffs: no

clutch against the Giants: yes

Does that keep you warm at night?
ducky23
NYCGOBEARS;842400681 said:

Does that keep you warm at night?

Let's be nice to our so cal brethren just for this week. They have a job to do tomorrow: show up and drown out that stupid ass band.

And you SoCal people better show up, no excuses.
stanfurdbites
Congrats to Kershaw for winning the NL MVP! First time in 46 years to win the CYA and the MVP.

Too bad he couldn't win the world series MVP either. Let me know when the parade for Kershaw will be. I'll be sure to attend.

Stats when they mattered the most:
0-2, 7.82
KoreAmBear
stanfurdbites;842401074 said:

Congrats to Kershaw for winning the NL MVP! First time in 46 years to win the CYA and the MVP.

Too bad he couldn't win the world series MVP either. Let me know when the parade for Kershaw will be. I'll be sure to attend.

Stats when they mattered the most:
0-2, 7.82

Oh well. He got more hardware though! Hopefully he'll have the LeBron trajectory where he starts obtaining titles after his initial individual accolades.
NYCGOBEARS
Congratulations to Kershaw! He definitely deserved it. He was the best pitcher in the game. I'll let him have those awards every single year if they let us keep the World Series trophies.
BearDevil
Kershaw's a great regular season pitcher, but he can't beat Bum in snot rockets or post season heroics.

Panda's agent's trolling for a 6 year contract?!? Holy LeMaster!
86Oski
This is the type of feeling I want Cal fans to experience at BG tomorrow!

[video=youtube;s9kMzI6mR70][/video]
GB54
BearDevil;842401089 said:

Kershaw's a great regular season pitcher, but he can't beat Bum in snot rockets or post season heroics.

Panda's agent's trolling for a 6 year contract?!? Holy LeMaster!

Red Sox offer reportedly 5 yrs at 90mil. Suspect he stays for that.
Unit2Sucks
At this point matching the Pence contract seems like a fair outcome. Don't see the Giants letting him walk for that. There's a decent chance he performs better than that in what should be the prime of his career, of course there's the chance that he never leaves the buffet line again as well.
LethalFang
Unit2Sucks;842406529 said:

At this point matching the Pence contract seems like a fair outcome. Don't see the Giants letting him walk for that. There's a decent chance he performs better than that in what should be the prime of his career, of course there's the chance that he never leaves the buffet line again as well.

I was kinda hoping the Dodgers would come out and offer him a 15-year $300 million contract.
GB54
Boston press reporting Sandoval to Red Sox. Also, that Handley Ramirez will sign as well??
sycasey
GB54;842409320 said:

Boston press reporting Sandoval to Red Sox. Also, that Handley Ramirez will sign as well??

I know, seems weird they are taking both of those guys. Looks like the Red Sox are the new Yankees.
tc3590
sycasey;842409337 said:

I know, seems weird they are taking both of those guys. Looks like the Red Sox are the new Yankees.

Except the Latino version.

Anyway, Giants need to sign Yosmany Tomas and get a Starting pitcher.

If they do that, I think they will be fine.

Maybe get Chase Headley for 3rd base.
GB54
sycasey;842409337 said:

Five years is the only saving grace but paying almost $200 million for two guys in decline is crazy, especially if they don't sign Lester, who is the one guy they desperately need. I'd also bet that Cespedes is gone.
ducky23
As a die hard giants fan, I think I speak for all of us saying that we caught a huge break today.

If Panda can't stay in shape during a contract year, what the hell you think is going to happen now that he has a guaranteed contract for 5 years/100 million? This probably ends up being good for the Giants and good for Panda (he can now DH in a couple years once his weight completely explodes).

avg OB SLG OPS HR
Neil Walker .271 .342 .467 .809 23
C. Gillaspie .282 .336 .416 .752 7
T. Pllouffe .258 .328 .423 .751 14
Chisenhall .280 .343 .427 .770 13
Valbuena 249 .341 .435 .776 16
Sandoval .279 .324 .415 .739 16

So you include his glove (which is a + glove) and Sandoval is probably an above average 3b. Have fun in Boston.
tc3590
GB54;842409347 said:

Five years is the only saving grace but paying almost $200 million for two guys in decline is crazy, especially if they don't sign Lester, who is the one guy they desperately need. I'd also bet that Cespedes is gone.

Espcially since they are talking about Hanley playing Left Field. A guy who is getting old and is already Injury prone, who has never played the outfield in his life, Patrolling Left field at Fenway? Ehhhhhhh
BearDevil
Thought the Giants were in up to 5 years and $100 Million for Panda. Panda either wants out and looks like the Giants are unwilling to match $95 Million. Sabean, Bochy, and Larry didn't get the Giants to where they are now by making wrong moves. DH possibility makes sense for Panda, but can't see Sox adding both Panda and Hanley.
sycasey
BearDevil;842409460 said:

Thought the Giants were in up to 5 years and $100 Million for Panda. Panda either wants out and looks like the Giants are unwilling to match $95 Million. Sabean, Bochy, and Larry didn't get the Giants to where they are now by making wrong moves. DH possibility makes sense for Panda, but can't see Sox adding both Panda and Hanley.

Some of the reports are suggesting Panda just wanted to play somewhere else. Could be that as long as another team matched what the Giants were offering he'd go.
beelzebear
NYCGOBEARS
beelzebear;842410475 said:

Lots of good North End restaurants. Panda gonna need a bigger jersey.
bar20
Did the Giants get a copyright on the Panda headgear? I hope so. Maybe all the Giant fans with Panda garb can load it in a container and ship it to Boston to Toys for Tots. He's really going to enjoy Boston, such a multi-racial city.
sycasey
beelzebear;842410475 said:

Boston needs to get a better Panda costume. That thing is ugly.
GB54
NYCGOBEARS;842410479 said:

Lots of good North End restaurants. Panda gonna need a bigger jersey.

They're paying him by the pound
NYCGOBEARS
GB54;842410525 said:

They're paying him by the pound

Like a Korean deli.
79 Bear
86Oski;842406410 said:

This is the type of feeling I want Cal fans to experience at BG tomorrow!

[video=youtube;s9kMzI6mR70][/video]

What a great, and momentous, video! I did not see it until tonight. You even video'd the guy who got the ball!

As for Panda, I agree that the Giants are better off not paying 100 million to Pablo. Looking forward to the seeing how their off season moves shake out.
82gradDLSdad
With the safety net of the DH Pablo will push 300 lbs in a few years. Reports were that he was 280 here in SF. Seems like the weight will catch up to him eventually and I guess the Giants, while making a solid offer, just didn't want to really break the bank for him.
First Page Last Page
Page 59 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.