Hey Dodgers Fans

993,979 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Big C
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mike Zillion;842732950 said:

Bolded to help you with your reading comprehension

I didn't accuse Beardog26 of crying racism. I said Dodger fans crying racism are pathetic. That does not say he's doing so. That does not say all Dodger fans are doing so. Your reading comprehension is the one that needs help.
Yogi1
grandmastapoop;842732354 said:

Dodger fans crying racism are pathetic. As you and others note, his own teammates can't stand him.

Beardog26;842732361 said:

Dude - chill with your hatred of all things/people Dodgers. One (1) person (not all Dodgers fans) made such a comment. At least two disagreed. I grew up in LA, remain a Dodgers fan, and noted by disagreement with that position. I think it fair to judge the situation and people involved based on the facts of each situation. I happen to dislike Puig and admire Bumgarner (until last night, where his game was outstanding and personal actions deplorable). It has nothing to do with where I grew up or the team for which I root.

You, on the other hand, have on multiple occasions in this thread called Dodgers fans "classless" (for things such as bumping this thread when the Dodgers have won games or gained ground in the NL West, an action also taken by several Giants fans at various stages in the same thread) and now "pathetic." Your hatred of "Dodger fans" is palpable, and frankly just as pathetic.

grandmastapoop;842732959 said:

I didn't accuse Beardog26 of crying racism. I said Dodger fans crying racism are pathetic. That does not say he's doing so. That does not say all Dodger fans are doing so. Your reading comprehension is the one that needs help.

Bolded again as you seem to really need the help
GRRAAH
Champions again! 4 year Dynasty for boys in blue!!
TheSouseFamily
And a great way to send Vin out. The ceremony Friday was amazing. Never seen so many grown men cry.
NYCGOBEARS
Congrats Doyer fans
GMP
GRRAAH;842735678 said:

Division title dynasty. Thank you for the laugh!
bonsallbear
Why is it a laugh? You'd be proud if it was the Giants. BTW I saw a lot of love flowing Puigs way from the Dodgers and Scully.
GMP
bonsallbear;842735751 said:

Why is it a laugh? You'd be proud if it was the Giants. BTW I saw a lot of love flowing Puigs way from the Dodgers and Scully.

It's a great accomplishment, no doubt. My laugh is at the use of the term "dynasty." That's just silly.
ducky23
grandmastapoop;842735780 said:

It's a great accomplishment, no doubt. My laugh is at the use of the term "dynasty." That's just silly.

Itd also hurt more if the fanbase you are trying to taunt hadnt gone to 3 parades in 5 years
LastGameForElway
Congratulations to the Dodger fans. LA had a great season, especially given the number of injuries to key players it had to overcome.
YuSeeBerkeley
GRRAAH;842735678 said:

I don't blame Giants fans for laughing at this statement. Yes, it's nice to have clinched the division, but calling it a dynasty is ridiculous. You're reminding me of Sacramento Kings fans who were so proud of their franchise for putting up banners for winning the Pacific Division during the Shaq/Kobe three-peat era. Or more recently, the 49ers fans who were jizzing in their pants for consecutive trips to the Conference Championship game and a trip to the Super Bowl. The bottom line is that we have no leg to stand on until the Dodgers win it all.
GRRAAH
YuSeeBerkeley;842736092 said:

I don't blame Giants fans for laughing at this statement. Yes, it's nice to have clinched the division, but calling it a dynasty is ridiculous. You're reminding me of Sacramento Kings fans who were so proud of their franchise for putting up banners for winning the Pacific Division during the Shaq/Kobe three-peat era. Or more recently, the 49ers fans who were jizzing in their pants for consecutive trips to the Conference Championship game and a trip to the Super Bowl. The bottom line is that we have no leg to stand on until the Dodgers win it all.

Oh give me a break. I expected comments from usual suspect Giant fans like poop from my little rib. You have zero SOH.
rathokan
So sensitive lol
MinotStateBeav
Looks like Kershaw is in postseason form.
[video=youtube;34Na4j8AVgA][/video]
MinotStateBeav
Seriously, I couldn't bait 1 dodger fan...i'm slippin'...
FiatSlug
MinotStateBeav;842739107 said:

Seriously, I couldn't bait 1 dodger fan...i'm slippin'...

You aren't slippin'. Dodger fans recognize truth when they see it. 2-6 with a 4.59 ERA in the post-season isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.
BeggarEd
FiatSlug;842739162 said:

You aren't slippin'. Dodger fans recognize truth when they see it. 2-6 with a 4.59 ERA in the post-season isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.

Giants sneak into the final playoff spot. Ready to watch even year magic happen, and see east coast media pundits decry the "worst 4-time champion in 7 years ever."

Have to get through the Mets and Cubs, and LA has the Nats, but I'd love to see a Dodger Giants NLCS.
BearDevil
Not expecting anything in the post season, but Ty Blach's game yesterday was a tantalizing coming attraction. May not need to add a 4th/5th starter in the off season.
89Bear
This is gonna be a great post-season!!
sycasey
BeggarEd;842739168 said:

Giants sneak into the final playoff spot. Ready to watch even year magic happen, and see east coast media pundits decry the "worst 4-time champion in 7 years ever."

Have to get through the Mets and Cubs, and LA has the Nats, but I'd love to see a Dodger Giants NLCS.

If the Giants knock out the ever-tortured Mets and Cubs fanbases, they would easily be the biggest trolls in baseball.
FiatSlug
BeggarEd;842739168 said:

A Giants-Dodgers NLCS would be epic. I think it would go at least 6 games, probably 7 games. I would be hard-pressed to bet against the Giants, even if I weren't already a Giants fan.
GB54
sycasey;842739182 said:

If the Giants knock out the ever-tortured Mets and Cubs fanbases, they would easily be the biggest trolls in baseball.

Two biggest loser cults in sports. f$ck em. They can wallow in their Jim Jones mass suicides.

Baseball has to love this post season though with New York, Boston, LA and Chicago in along with Cleveland, Washington, San Francisco and Texas.
1979bear
The Giants sweep was perfect. I'm a life long Dodgers fan. The Cardinals are out. That is what mattered. My son is a Giants fan. I want a reason to watch the series. Now I have two shots. Without the Dodgers or the Giants in it the series for me is less than an April Dodgers Giants game. And the Cards are out. Excellent. Great work Giants. And great managing Dave Roberts.
KoreAmBear
FiatSlug;842739212 said:

A Giants-Dodgers NLCS would be epic. I think it would go at least 6 games, probably 7 games. I would be hard-pressed to bet against the Giants, even if I weren't already a Giants fan.

Has there ever been a Giants-Dodgers playoff game (besides a 1 game playoff -- I won't mention THAT one in NY).
GMP
KoreAmBear;842739417 said:

Has there ever been a Giants-Dodgers playoff game (besides a 1 game playoff -- I won't mention THAT one in NY).

Nope (99% sure). Other than one game playoffs, they couldn't have met before the Wildcard Era - and they haven't met since then. The Nats are good, but they have only one lefty starter - so the Dodgers should dispose of them. Syndegaard is great, but I'll take my chances with Bummy against anyone right now, and I like how we played the Cubs all year - but they are obviously very good. We have a tough road to hoe, but there's a chance SF/L.A. happens in the NLCS. San Andreas might tear us all apart.
KoreAmBear
grandmastapoop;842739420 said:

Nope (99% sure). Other than one game playoffs, they couldn't have met before the Wildcard Era - and they haven't met since then. The Nats are good, but they have only one lefty starter - so the Dodgers should dispose of them. Syndegaard is great, but I'll take my chances with Bummy against anyone right now, and I like how we played the Cubs all year - but they are obviously very good. We have a tough road to hoe, but there's a chance SF/L.A. happens in the NLCS. San Andreas might tear us all apart.

This thread may go ham if that happens.
FiatSlug
KoreAmBear;842739417 said:

Actually, there have been two 3-game playoffs between the Dodgers and the Giants, both times to decide the National League pennant.

The most famous is probably the 1951 playoff in which Bobby Thompson hit a 9th inning homer in Game 3 for the (in)famous Shot Heard 'Round the World. The Dodgers had a 13.5 game lead on the Giants as late as August 11. The Giants had actually passed the Dodgers before the Dodgers won on the final day of the season to force the 3-game playoff. The Giants won Game 1, the Dodgers won Game 2, setting the stage for a monumental Game 3.

The second 3-game playoff was the 1962 playoffs. The Giants also won this 3-game set, 2 games to 1, advancing to the World Series against the Yankees. As in 1951, the Giants lost the World Series to the Yankees.
sycasey
FiatSlug;842739490 said:

Actually, there have been two 3-game playoffs between the Dodgers and the Giants, both times to decide the National League pennant.

The most famous is probably the 1951 playoff in which Bobby Thompson hit a 9th inning homer in Game 3 for the (in)famous Shot Heard 'Round the World. The Dodgers had a 13.5 game lead on the Giants as late as August 11. The Giants had actually passed the Dodgers before the Dodgers won on the final day of the season to force the 3-game playoff. The Giants won Game 1, the Dodgers won Game 2, setting the stage for a monumental Game 3.

The second 3-game playoff was the 1962 playoffs. The Giants also won this 3-game set, 2 games to 1, advancing to the World Series against the Yankees. As in 1951, the Giants lost the World Series to the Yankees.

These are true, but I think that technically MLB considers these games as "extended regular season" games and not "postseason" games. I know, it kind of seems like a distinction without a difference, but that's how they go in the record books.

So technically, the Giants and Dodgers have never faced off in what MLB would officially consider the "postseason."
rathokan
should we discuss tonight's game here?

I'd like to see Rich Hill drill Rizzo the next time he leans over the plate
NYCGOBEARS
rathokan;842746449 said:

should we discuss tonight's game here?

I'd like to see Rich Hill drill Rizzo the next time he leans over the plate

Troll. Lol
rathokan
moi?
moonpod
Grandal!
rathokan
w00t!
moonpod
Turner!
rathokan
Hill w/ a great 6 innings. Blanton solid in the 7th. Need two more please.
First Page Last Page
Page 78 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.