Hey Dodgers Fans

995,776 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Big C
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I only post things I think might be of some interest to Dodger fans. I hope that doesn't offend. BTW
6 more Dodger home runs tonight. Pirate pitching staff sucks
KenBurnski
Machado > Crawford
GMP
KenBurnski said:

Machado > Crawford

It's not like I'm HAPPY about this, but I doubt they keep him long term, given Turner and Seager (though maybe they push Turner elsewhere and sign Manny long term). But it sure is a swing for the fences. Over the last 30 (30!!!) years they've acquired a lot of big games (ManRam, Nomar, Hanley, Gonzo, Darvish), and it's not paid off in October yet. I remain ever resolute: Beat L.A.
DCW67MSW
Machado has hands of stone & his bat is good but not good enough to make up for his fielding deficiencies. In other words he couldn't carry Crawford's jock strap.
sycasey
Welp, let's just hand the Dodgers the trophy right now.
Another Bear
Machado is a half season rental. Seager will be back next season. Solid baseball move.

Seager is better than Crawford.

BTW, I called the Dodgers would be in first in the West by the all-star break, and there they are.
NYCGOBEARS
When Seager is a multiple all star, gold glove and WS winner, let's revisit this idea.
sycasey
Another Bear said:

BTW, I called the Dodgers would be in first in the West by the all-star break, and there they are.

I blame the Diamondbacks.
bonsallbear
DCW67MSW said:

Machado has hands of stone & his bat is good but not good enough to make up for his fielding deficiencies. In other words he couldn't carry Crawford's jock strap.
Hmmmm Hands of stone? 3 gold gloves.
phatskwurl

Quote:

3 gold gloves
At 3rd base, he's a terrible shortstop. -1.3 dWAR and still almost half the season to go.
philbert
from ESPN: If there's one possible negative here, it's the defensive metrics and reports of Machado's defense at shortstop. While he won two Gold Gloves at third base, he's at minus-19 defensive runs saved, worst among shortstops. Taylor, meanwhile, has played a solid shortstop (plus-3 DRS). Still, the upgrade at the plate outweighs some of the potential range issues. He also has a big home/road split this year, with a 1.140 OPS at home/.797 on the road, with 17 of his 24 home runs at Camden Yards.
GMP
philbert said:

from ESPN: If there's one possible negative here, it's the defensive metrics and reports of Machado's defense at shortstop. While he won two Gold Gloves at third base, he's at minus-19 defensive runs saved, worst among shortstops. Taylor, meanwhile, has played a solid shortstop (plus-3 DRS). Still, the upgrade at the plate outweighs some of the potential range issues. He also has a big home/road split this year, with a 1.140 OPS at home/.797 on the road, with 17 of his 24 home runs at Camden Yards.
Interesting. I wonder how many more runs he's worth offensively over Taylor.
sycasey
phatskwurl said:

Quote:

3 gold gloves
At 3rd base, he's a terrible shortstop. -1.3 dWAR and still almost half the season to go.

If a guy is good at 3B but bad at SS, that would indicate that "hands" are not the problem so much as "range."
oski003
He's not only going to play ss. Turner can play first with Muncie at second. He can also play third when Turner takes days off to rest his wrist.
TheSouseFamily
sycasey said:

phatskwurl said:

Quote:

3 gold gloves

If a guy is good at 3B but bad at SS, that would indicate that "hands" are not the problem so much as "range."

I think you're right about the range issue. He's just plain slow. He's rated #47 out of 48 shortstops for speed. Incidentally, Seager isn't exactly a speed demon either at #45. Brandon Crawford is #46, obviously slowed down by his hair.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprint_speed_leaderboard?year=2018&position=6&team=&min=10
bonsallbear
Apparently Manny hasn't read the articles. He has made two remarkable plays in the hole. So much for hands of stone. BTW where would the Dodgers be this season without Matt Kemp and mad max?

GMP
bonsallbear said:

Apparently Manny hasn't read the articles. He has made two remarkable plays in the hole. So much for hands of stone. BTW where would the Dodgers be this season without Matt Kemp and mad max?

Beyond Thunderdome, that's where they'd be.
bonsallbear
Manny helps Dodgers win another game. This time with his legs and base running mojo.
bonsallbear
Kershaw's back! 7 2/3 6 hit. 8 strikeouts. 3 walks and a 2 run single. Atta boy Clayton!
bonsallbear
DDodger's going for The sweep run into a buzzsaw. Down to their last strike, Taylor d singles then Manny singles him home.
bonsallbear
Another strong 6 from Kershaw and plenty of run support - 21 runs and 7 HOME RUNS! Brian Dozier looks like a good pickup. Thank you Giants!
YuSeeBerkeley
My next post on this thread will be when the Dodgers win the World Series. Everything else is irrelevant. 1988 has been way too long ago.
NYCGOBEARS
YuSeeBerkeley said:

My next post on this thread will be when the Dodgers win the World Series. Everything else is irrelevant. 1988 has been way too long ago.

He gets it.
FrankBear21
I almost want the dodgers to win the WS at this point. It is pathetic. Like USC being an 8-4 team. Just no excuses.
NYCGOBEARS
FrankBear21 said:

I almost want the dodgers to win the WS at this point. It is pathetic. Like USC being an 8-4 team. Just no excuses.

Nah....
bonsallbear
Wow the haters are coming out. Nice to see you won't be posting. Perhaps you've never played the game. It's an exciting race and many of us can appreciate it.
NYCGOBEARS
Proud Dodgers hater here since around 1973 and counting.
bonsallbear
NYCGOBEARS said:

So what was the genesis of your dodger hatred?
NYCGOBEARS
bonsallbear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

So what was the genesis of your dodger hatred?

Becoming a Giants fan.
bonsallbear
I grew up listening to Vin on a small transistor radio. The rivalry was instilled at an early age. It became intense after that dip shot Marichal took his bat to Roseboro
bonsallbear
Roberts is such a stupid dipshot manager. He brings back Baez, puts him in the 7th with a two run lead and he promtly gives up 4 runs. Dodgers need to replace him. Terrible manager!
Yogi58
bonsallbear said:

Roberts is such a stupid dipshot manager. He brings back Baez, puts him in the 7th with a two run lead and he promtly gives up 4 runs. Dodgers need to replace him. Terrible manager!
bonsallbear
Roberts needs to go NOW. WHAT A JACKASS
GMP
bonsallbear said:

Roberts needs to go NOW. WHAT A JACKASS

Bonsall, meet Hundo.
NYCGOBEARS
I went to sleep early and missed the game last night. It was a pleasant surprise to wake up to this result. Seems like it was another classic MadBum vs Kershaw matchup. Go Giants! Beat LA!
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.