Hey Dodgers Fans

983,321 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congratulations Doyers. That was one hell of a game.
rathokan
i was on a WhatsApp group w/ my friends and called my shot: Muncy goes yard. Unfortunately I did it during a previous at bat and an hour before it actually happened.
bonsallbear
Geez was that stressful.
At least it's not a sweep. Walter is a keeper.
bearister
My favorite passage from the post game reporting:

"Out of position players, Roberts called on ace Clayton Kershaw to pinch hit in the 17th. He flied out." ESPN

...and this:

"Last night's game at Dodger Stadium lasted 7 hours, 20 minutes.

That's "longer than the game time of the entire 1939 World Series, according to StatsByStats. That year, the New York Yankees swept the Cincinnati Reds in four games that took a combined 7 hours, 5 minutes." Axios
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
Kinsler's bad throw might have single-handedly flipped the momentum in the series. I can see L.A. making a big comeback now.
bencgilmore
i almost made it to the end... fell asleep with computer on at some point during the 16th. sports on the east coast is no easy affair.

i'm glad they had to use 6 innings of Eovaldi (for an L). That guy is a monster. Need... Rich Hill?... to somehow win game 4, then we can talk comeback. Boston still looks better.

bearister
sycasey said:

Kinsler's bad throw might have single-handedly flipped the momentum in the series. I can see L.A. making a big comeback now.

I agree. It has to be psychologically devastating to a team to lose a war like that game was. However, having the largest payroll in MLB provides healing powers.
sycasey
bearister said:

sycasey said:

I agree. It has to be psychologically devastating to a team to lose a war like that game was. However, having the largest payroll in MLB provides healing powers.
And of course, both teams had to play in the same long game, so both should be tired. You never know.
bonsallbear
This is where Home field advantage should come in handy.
Another Bear
Exactly, home field advantage. Similar things happened with Milwaukee. Long extra inning game changed the momentum. Visitors went back to a hotel. Home team went home to their own beds and families...the routine going to the ball park is the same. Add in 3 hours of time change and Boston should be tired.
bonsallbear
Dave Roberts negates home field advantage. This loss is totally his. 4 run lead and rich Hill is crusing Dodgers need a good manager. Better luck next year.
KenBurnski
Whatever you do, don't bring this correct take to the True Blue message board. Frightening bunch.
Yogi58
bonsallbear said:

Dave Roberts negates home field advantage. This loss is totally his. 4 run lead and rich Hill is crusing Dodgers need a good manager. Better luck next year.
If the Dodgers end up losing the series, your pain will be my happiness. LOL at you for continuing to make this thread your own personal little fanblog.
ColoradoBear
Machado gonna Machado.
sycasey
Cal upsets Washington and the Dodgers blow it late. What a great night.
GMP
bonsallbear said:

Totally clueless and unfair:

ducky23
I wonder if dodgers would be willing to trade a bunch of young farmhands for bochy.

No seriously. It would help both teams.

Bochy is a waste managing the giants. He's a wartime general.

I think people underestimate how important managers are in the playoffs. No way the giants win 3 without bochy.
sycasey
ducky23 said:

I wonder if dodgers would be willing to trade a bunch of young farmhands for bochy.

No seriously. It would help both teams.

Bochy is a waste managing the giants. He's a wartime general.

I think people underestimate how important managers are in the playoffs. No way the giants win 3 without bochy.

Bochy definitely managed circles around whoever he faced in a playoff series with the Giants, except for maybe Joe Maddon (though the Cubs had a massive talent advantage there).
bonsallbear
GMP said:

bonsallbear said:

Clueless and unfair? You've probably managed these situations much more than I have but consider the circumstances. Having given up 2 or 3 hits, having a four run lead, a tired bullpen, a crucial must win game, I tell my pitcher to give me one more inning. What would you do?
sycasey
bonsallbear said:

GMP said:

bonsallbear said:

Clueless and unfair? You've probably managed these situations much more than I have but consider the circumstances. Having given up 2 or 3 hits, having a four run lead, a tired bullpen, a crucial must win game, I tell my pitcher to give me one more inning. What would you do?

I wouldn't necessarily criticize bringing in a reliever if your pitcher says he's tired. But I'm not sure why the fixation on Madson, who has literally allowed every inherited runner to score. Maybe try someone else?
philbert
sycasey said:

I wouldn't necessarily criticize bringing in a reliever if your pitcher says he's tired. But I'm not sure why the fixation on Madson, who has literally allowed every inherited runner to score. Maybe try someone else?
Yeah, I would've thought Baez was their best option, but he and Urias were apparently unavailable last night.

I'll bet LA wishes they had re-signed Tony Watson.
bonsallbear
GMP said:

bonsallbear said:

Clueless??
Perhaps you should read Hill's comments and get back to me.
Bear19
A baseball thread does not belong here imo. Baseball games between LA & Boston has nothing to do with Cal football. No one on FG gets any increase in stature with the result of said games.
NYCGOBEARS
Kershaw in the postseason is an enigma. Incredible career that will be defined by his lack of success in the playoffs. As a baseball fan, I'm sad. As a Giants fan, I'm ecstatic.
bearister
My major takeaway from this WS is that Mary Hart is a handsome 67 year old woman.

Bear19
bearister said:

My major takeaway from this WS is that Mary Hart is a handsome 67 year old woman.

She is indeed.
NYCGOBEARS
LOLOLOLOL
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

You know what the difference is between a young perv and an old one? 40 years.
sycasey
Congratulations to the Dodgers for another National League pennant and division title.
GMP
sycasey said:

Congratulations to the Dodgers for another National League pennant and division title.

I can't wait for another ring ceremony.
TheSouseFamily
The Red Sox can enjoy their trophies, spraying champagne all over each other, the parades and the cancelled White House visit but we Dodger fans can celebrate in knowing we made the better decisions according to our proprietary analytics. And that's really what matters.
sycasey
TheSouseFamily said:

The Red Sox can enjoy their trophies, spraying champagne all over each other, the parades and the cancelled White House visit but we Dodger fans can celebrate in knowing we made the better decisions according to our proprietary analytics. And that's really what matters.
kjkbear
They had a great year. For the money the Dodgers spend its hard to see Roberts as a great manager. He isn't. The entire world would not have started Darvish in game seven last year. Giants fans should love Roberts. He knows how to lose games no one else would lose. The team has the talent to win a pennant despite him, but not a series. Pulling Hill can be debated. But Madsen? Roberts was indisputably stupid. I could see that from Section 311 in the pavilion bleachers. The Sox fans with me loved it before madsen threw a pitch. It was as bad a decision as Tedford ever made at Cal. Using him in game two was stupid, but last night was Inexplicable. Tommy lasorda would have handled the pitchers at least as well at age 92
calpoly
TheSouseFamily said:

How about great year Red Sox!
sycasey
GMP said:

sycasey said:

I can't wait for another ring ceremony.
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.