Hey Dodgers Fans

995,658 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Big C
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GBear4Life said:

Rebuilding 3 years ago wouldn't have been at the expense of 3 titles ending in 2014.

3 years ago, they had the best record in baseball. Things went south in the second half, but they still made the playoffs and had a real shot to beat the eventual champs. I don't blame them for trying to shore things up in 2017 and trying to steal another playoff run, even though it didn't work. By 2018, it was too late - the only guys with real trade value were Bumgarner, Belt, and maybe Crawford. The previous regime was too concerned with not filling seats and didn't want to trade the fan favorites. Again, I get that logic, even though the stadium is not filled now despite those names all still being there. Although I will say the trade for Longoria was bad, and the previous trade for McGehee was catastrophic.

Point is - you're wrong. 3 years ago was too soon, and the current situation is absolutely the price of the titles.
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

Rebuilding 3 years ago wouldn't have been at the expense of 3 titles ending in 2014.
3 years ago was a playoff team.
oski003
did new breakthroughs in steroid testing catch up with the giants?
sycasey
oski003 said:

Doesn't make sense that the A's, Red Sox, and Dodgers are still doing well then.
Big C
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Doesn't make sense that the A's, Red Sox, and Dodgers are still doing well then.
Or Stanfurd Football, for that matter. (Sorry, I'm not trying to hijack the thread.)
ColoradoBear
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

philbert
Don't leave out Gagne or Man-Ram in the roid discussions!
Another Bear
If/when the A's get their new ballpark and a good revenue stream can be produced...I'd really like to see what Billy Beane can do with a good payroll. Or is he too addicted trading and futzing. Should be interesting.
GBear4Life
Yeah my bad, I forgot they were really good 1st half of 2016. So for a little over 2.5 years, they've been garbage.

They didn't have success for 3 out of 6 years at the expense of a rebuild. They thought they could do patch work and be in position for another run, and they were wrong.
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

Yeah my bad, I forgot they were really good 1st half of 2016. So for a little over 2.5 years, they've been garbage.

They didn't have success for 3 out of 6 years at the expense of a rebuild. They thought they could do patch work and be in position for another run, and they were wrong.

So, they had a playoff team in '16, thought they could retool and make another run in '17 (wrong, but not a crazy idea), and then stayed bad in '18 and retooled the front office for a rebuild after that. That's really not terrible. You can disagree with certain moves, but it's all defensible.
bonsallbear
Quite the comeback last night
bonsallbear
3 weeks ago I suggested the Giants start their comeback. They were 8.5 games back. Now they're 16 back.
How will it end?
KenBurnski
Have Giants fans warmed up to Farhan yet? Read somewhere that he had kind of a rough intro to the fanbase.
rathokan
Dodgers starting pitching is ridiculous right now... the bullpen... ridiculously bad
oski003
2.88 Starter ERA, 4.57 Bullpen ERA
HighlandDutch
bonsallbear said:

3 weeks ago I suggested the Giants start their comeback. They were 8.5 games back. Now they're 16 back.
How will it end?
Our Gs may be 16.5 games back, but I look on the bright side: it's only 15 games in the loss column!
bonsallbear
Muncy + Buehler > Bumgarner
TheSouseFamily
Hilarious. Attaboy Max. Top shelf smack.

GRRAAH
Didn't get a sweep unfortunately. 18 games and counting though!
Bear19
Opining that the Giants are a good team in 2019, capable of winning consistently, is a fool's errand. Sad, but true.
GBear4Life
When did Bumgarner become such a Sensitive Sally? Tuck in your blouse and get back on the mound. Stop drawing attention to the fact that you got taken deep and got butt hurt.
GMP
GBear4Life said:

When did Bumgarner become such a Sensitive Sally? Tuck in your blouse and get back on the mound. Stop drawing attention to the fact that you got taken deep and got butt hurt.

I love what Bum did in 2014, but I've been quietly embarrassed by what a reda-s he is. However, I appreciate what he said after today's game (essentially if you want to let the kids play and pimp when they hit a dinger, you also have to let me be me.

More importantly, I read convincing arguments on Twitter: Bum yelling at Muncy is FUN, and it's sure as hell a lot better than what many pitchers would do, which is throw at the guy the next time up.
TheSouseFamily
The t-shirt has already been designed and is available for sale.

https://rotowear.com/products/go-get-it-out-of-the-ocean-t-shirt

FuzzyWuzzy
TheSouseFamily said:

His smack sounded good at first but if you think about it, it doesn't make sense. The ball has already been hit into the water, the watching of the ball flight has already occurred. Retrieving it from the Bay now doesn't undo that.

Props to Max for standing up to Bumgarner but not for logic.
GMP
FuzzyWuzzy said:

TheSouseFamily said:

His smack sounded good at first but if you think about it, it doesn't make sense. The ball has already been hit into the water, the watching of the ball flight has already occurred. Retrieving it from the Bay now doesn't undo that.

Props to Max for standing up to Bumgarner but not for logic.

Yes, but it's still a good line.
TheSouseFamily
Fuzzy - You're absolutely right about that. What did Muncy expect? For Bumgarner to pause the game to run out there to retrieve the ball, which would undoubtedly earn some kind of delay of game penalty? And let's be honest, with all the marine traffic out there in McCovey Cove, there was essentially zero chance that the ball would even be out there to retrieve. What's Bumgarner supposed to do? Find the guy with the ball and perhaps give him a bat or a hat in exchange for the ball? While the game is still going on?? Of course not. Muncy's entire premise doesn't make any sense. Figures he went to Baylor.

Good thing he hits baseballs for a living and isn't an attorney or a computer programmer.
HighlandDutch
TheSouseFamily said:

Fuzzy - You're absolutely right about that. What did Muncy expect? For Bumgarner to pause the game to run out there to retrieve the ball, which would undoubtedly earn some kind of delay of game penalty? And let's be honest, with all the marine traffic out there in McCovey Cove, there was essentially zero chance that the ball would even be out there to retrieve. What's Bumgarner supposed to do? Find the guy with the ball and perhaps give him a bat or a hat in exchange for the ball? While the game is still going on?? Of course not. Muncy's entire premise doesn't make any sense. Figures he went to Baylor.

Good thing he hits baseballs for a living and isn't an attorney or a computer programmer.
Furthermore, Muncy erred in a most grievous manner when he referred to the ocean rather than to the San Francisco Bay. Tsk tsk. It makes one wonder what sort of slipshod geographical training these players receive in the Dodgers' farm system.
Another Bear
NYCGOBEARS
Surprisingly, I'm good with all the Doyers smack talk. Three rings in the recent past will do that for you.
Big C
Yeah, if we hadn't won the WS in 2010, 2012 and 2014, I'd be all up in arms, but instead, I'm just lounging on a cushion of (fairly recent) past glory.

Whoa, Muncy took his own sweet time rounding the bases, too, didn't he? Bumgarner is so "old school", it's ridiculous. Kinda cool, though, but ridiculous.
GBear4Life
acting like you care about the hitter's showboating only reflects poorly on the pitcher, IMO. It's like, a BOSS would simply shrug it off and pay it no mind. I mean, a competitor with a healthy perspective, not an emotional one, would tell you that the only person they're pissed about after giving up a home run is....themselves for giving up a bomb. Their focus is on themselves and what they control.

Nevermind the fact that Muncy didn't even show him up. He stared at it for a second. Never looked Bum's way.
NYCGOBEARS
GBear4Life said:

acting like you care about the hitter's showboating only reflects poorly on the pitcher, IMO. It's like, a BOSS would simply shrug it off and pay it no mind. I mean, a competitor with a healthy perspective, not an emotional one, would tell you that the only person they're pissed about after giving up a home run is....themselves for giving up a bomb. Their focus is on themselves and what they control.

Nevermind the fact that Muncy didn't even show him up. He stared at it for a second. Never looked Bum's way.

Maybe Mad Bum getting pisssed when he gives up a homer is one of the reasons he'll go down as one of the best pitchers in WS history? Kershaw should try it.
TheSouseFamily
GBear4Life
Perhaps the ONLY cool thing about being an A's fan is that I can observe the LAD Fan-SFG Fan mutual animosity as an objective 3rd party with really no dog in the fight.

It's kind of nice.
NYCGOBEARS
TheSouseFamily said:

You let go of 1988 first.
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.