Hey Dodgers Fans

983,182 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

Maybe the players think they'd be traded from the dumpster fire if they played better. That's a huge motivation.

The adults are taking now, junior. Now go and get your shine box.
KenBurnski
GMP is big leaguing!
TheSouseFamily
The Ringer article is a worthwhile read. For one, they highlight the limitations of their own analysis because of how some of the more advanced technologies have changed how basically every player can be evaluated. And there's no doubt that teams know their own players with respect to attitude, work ethic and things technology can't help with. There's no doubt that there's gonna be significant differences between a team's valuation of a prospect is different than the Baseball Americas and Keith Laws of the world.

That said, I'm probably looking to sell of their bullpen arms. Relievers are almost always over-valued given their volatility and injury concerns so it's nearly always an overpay. And the market is hot right now for bullpen arms with a lot of teams looking. I'm probably taking whatever I can get for those guys. Totally understand how Bumgarner's situation is a little more complex.
oski003
GMP said:

oski003 said:

Maybe the players think they'd be traded from the dumpster fire if they played better. That's a huge motivation.

Did you lose your job at OAK shoe shine? I can still find someone else to shine my shoes and tell me about the glory days when Bay Area teams used to be good (before and during Balco).
Oski87
1988. 31 years ago.
sycasey
oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

Did you lose your job at OAK shoe shine? I can still find someone else to shine my shoes and tell me about the glory days when Bay Area teams used to be good (before and during Balco).

What? Both the Giants and A's have won championships since the Dodgers last did it.
GMP
oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

Lolz.
sonofabear51
Giants are rolling right now. Just swept a doubleheader in Colorado, 19-2 and then 2-1. Wild card not too far away. Guess we will see. Lot to think about. Beat LA!
Start Slowly and taper off
ducky23
oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

Huh?

This makes very little sense in more than one way.
GMP
sonofabear51 said:

Giants are rolling right now. Just swept a doubleheader in Colorado, 19-2 and then 2-1. Wild card not too far away. Guess we will see. Lot to think about. Beat LA!
Thank you, Dodgers, for helping us cut the Wild Card deficit to *3*. You can win 110 games for all I care, as long as you beat up on the Nats, Phillies, Cardinals, Brewers, Diamondbacks, and Rockies. Plus give us some breathing room against the Pirates, Reds, and Mets.
Bear19
BREAKING NEWS: The Giants are in the tank this year.
bonsallbear
Congratulations to Crawford. 5 hits and 8 rbis
TheSouseFamily
Current probability Giants make the playoffs:

Fangraohs: 2%
Baseball Reference: 1%
Five thirty Eight: 4%
Baseball Prospectus: 1%

Not bad. I say hold pat, keep the assets, make no trades and roll the dice. Maybe even do some buying.
GMP
TheSouseFamily said:

Not bad. I say hold pat, keep the assets, make no trades and roll the dice. Maybe even do some buying.

Something like two weeks ago it was 0.1%. I'll take that upward trend.
Big C
GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Meanwhile, the Dodgers have established themselves -- over a period of years -- as one of the best April-September teams in modern baseball history. We Giant fans can only dream of success like that. (I mean, you know, from April-September.)
sycasey
Big C said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Meanwhile, the Dodgers have established themselves -- over a period of years -- as one of the best April-September teams in modern baseball history. We Giant fans can only dream of success like that. (I mean, you know, from April-September.)

We had that from 2000-2003. Dodgers fans certainly did not give us a hard time about failing to win the World Series back then, no sir!
GMP
TheSouseFamily said:

Serious question for you, GMP. If you're Farhan, do you hold out hope for a possible wild card bid or do you start to sell off guys with value like Bumgarner, Smith, etc to build a stronger team In the future? If i'm a Giants fan, I think I'd strongly prefer to be in selling mode. And there isn't a ton of time to make that decision.

My turn: I have Buehler in a dynasty league. Picked him up way back when he was in A or AA. I thought he was a dark horse Cy candidate this year. So. What the hell is going on with him? I thought he had turned it around in June, but he's struggling again. What is the Dodger take on what's going on with him?
oski003
GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Serious question for you, GMP. If you're Farhan, do you hold out hope for a possible wild card bid or do you start to sell off guys with value like Bumgarner, Smith, etc to build a stronger team In the future? If i'm a Giants fan, I think I'd strongly prefer to be in selling mode. And there isn't a ton of time to make that decision.

My turn: I have Buehler in a dynasty league. Picked him up way back when he was in A or AA. I thought he was a dark horse Cy candidate this year. So. What the hell is going on with him? I thought he had turned it around in June, but he's struggling again. What is the Dodger take on what's going on with him?

Despite having a bad game right now, he has a lower ERA than all five starting pitchers on the giants staff. Wouldn't you be a better expert on bad pitching?
GMP
oski003 said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Despite having a bad game right now, he has a lower ERA than all five starting pitchers on the giants staff. Wouldn't you be a better expert on bad pitching?

Man. You keep trying! It's cute. Keep it up.

(No, I don't have any Giants pitchers on my team. No, I didn't expect any Giants pitchers to challenge for the Cy Young)
oski003
GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

(No, I don't have any Giants pitchers on my team. No, I didn't expect any Giants pitchers to challenge for the Cy Young)

I have to hand it to you. It is a smart play to focus on fantasy when your team has a four percent chance of making the playoffs.
TheSouseFamily
I think Buehler is fine and I'd still be high on him going forward. He got off to a very slow start because he essentially skipped spring training to conserve innings. And other than a recent Coors Field start where he got lit up, he's only had one sub-par start since the first few weeks of the season. All his peripherals are good, WHIP is below 1, velo is good, etc. Obviously tonight was a clunker but I wouldn't read too much into it. Probably just an outlier performance. Outside of tonight's game, Coors Field and the slow start, he's throwing high quality innings so I don't see any reasons to be down on him.

The only uncertainty for me is that the Dodgers have managed his workload carefully since TJ surgery and this year; he'll go well beyond what he's done in the past. We'll see if fatigue becomes an issue down the stretch.
GMP
oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

I have to hand it to you. It is a smart play to focus on fantasy when your team has a four percent chance of making the playoffs.

There are funny and knowledgeable Dodger fans in this thread. You are not one of them.
oski003
GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

There are funny and knowledgeable Dodger fans in this thread. You are not one of them.

Only 2 of Buehler's runs were earned today, and it looks like the Dodgers will win again despite being down 6-1... Or not
GMP
oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Only 2 of Buehler's runs were earned today, and it looks like the Dodgers will win again despite being down 6-1.

You spoke too soon, and I assure you I'm not being sarcastic when I say that bums me out. I was hoping to gain more ground today.
oski003
GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Only 2 of Buehler's runs were earned today, and it looks like the Dodgers will win again despite being down 6-1.

You spoke too soon, and I assure you I'm not being sarcastic when I say that bums me out. I was hoping to gain more ground today.

I understand that you need the good teams to beat the mediocre teams so that you can pass them and make the wildcard.
GMP
oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

I understand that you need the good teams to beat the mediocre teams so that you can pass them and make the wildcard.

You are so boring, my dude. I already said this yesterday.
oski003
GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

You are so boring, my dude. I already said this yesterday.

Ok. Good for you.
GMP
oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Dodgers blow two games this series to the Phillies - I think they may be on to our plot. Damnit.
TheSouseFamily
No shame in a 4-3 roadie to Boston and Philly.
sycasey
Didn't think I'd ever see the Giants back at .500 this year, so I'll just enjoy this for now.
sonofabear51
Yep, 7 in a row! Don't know what started this, but sure looks good!
Start Slowly and taper off
82gradDLSdad
When your walkoff win is on a routine short pop fly to left and then a botched relay home you know something strange/special is going on.
GRRAAH
Gotta love it when a particular buffoon Giant fan takes solace in rooting for a Dodger pitcher as the team marches on to humiliate the division again. Classic
GMP
GRRAAH said:

Gotta love it when a particular buffoon Giant fan takes solace in rooting for a Dodger pitcher as the team marches on to humiliate the division again. Classic

First of all, the name calling is uncalled for.

Second of all, your beef must be with fantasy sports. Which is fine. But yeah, I invest time and money in it and I like to win.

Third of all, classic Dodger fan - celebrating the division titles when they haven't won a World Series since I was 6.
bonsallbear
GMP said:

GRRAAH said:

First of all, the name calling is uncalled for.

Second of all, your beef must be with fantasy sports. Which is fine. But yeah, I invest time and money in it and I like to win.

Third of all, classic Dodger fan - celebrating the division titles when they haven't won a World Series since I was 6.
Soooo you're saying we shouldn't celebrate anything other than a World series Championship?

Maybe we should not celebrate the Bears having a winning season unless it leads to a Rose Bowl?
First Page Last Page
Page 116 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.