Hey Dodgers Fans

996,054 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Big C
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KoreAmBear said:

bonsallbear said:

We're baaaack! Dodgers in first place and Giants..... Well let's just say they're rebuilding.
GO DODGERS!

Not sure why the Giants took Kapler who was run out of Philly on the first Amtrak out of town. What a disaster of a series for them.

I don't think I could disagree more. This a weird, short season. And for the Giants, it was always going to be another rebuilding season. They're building to 2022 (although - on one hand, I wouldn't be upset if it arrives in 2021, and on the other it doesn't seem like they have the pitching help coming to really be contenders even in 2022).

What this season has been, 22 games in, is fun. Especially the offense. 7 runs against the A's Friday, 6 more Saturday. That's both fun and promising. It's really the best of both worlds - in a season where you weren't going to compete for a title, the fans are entertained, the team sees a few guys who might be contributors in 2022, and (while I don't love tanking), the losses provide a higher draft pick. For this team at this time, a high-scoring offense with some close losses is gravy.
KoreAmBear
I just don't think Kapler is good as a game manager. Phils blew game after game with a talented roster. I see him doing the same already with the Giants. Fun team or not they had no business blowing huge leads to the A's. If you want to see more of that good luck to you.
bonsallbear
Kershaw > Drysdale. Surpasses Don on all time strike out list.
bonsallbear
At the halfway mark, the Dodgers lead major league baseball with a winning percentage of .733! Not too shabby and it doesn't hurt to hit seven homeruns in one game.

Go Dodgers!
oskidunker
Fucla
Go Bears!
calpoly
bonsallbear said:

At the halfway mark, the Dodgers lead major league baseball with a winning percentage of .733! Not too shabby and it doesn't hurt to hit seven homeruns in one game.

Go Dodgers!
And what does this have to do with the University of Califonia?
GMP
As I was saying just a week ago, this is a very good team who the Dodgers (4-4 against SF, 18-5 against everyone else) want no part of in the playoffs.
bonsallbear
Dodgers Set new homer record for any month with 57 homers in August. This is for the National League.
Chapman_is_Gone
Mods please remove this off topic thread.
Krugman Is A Moron
Chapman_is_Gone said:

If you want them to move it, just start discussing politics.
bonsallbear
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Why? What's the harm? Friendly banter between two rivals.
Krugman Is A Moron
bonsallbear said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

Why? What's the harm? Friendly banter between two rivals.
The only time I think about you every year is when the Dodgers are eliminated from the playoffs. My wife was born in Southern California and roots for them, so I feel bad for her. But knowing that you are unhappy somewhere makes me happy because of you turning this thread into your own personal troll-space.
bonsallbear
Giants killing it tonight.
UrsusTexicanus
The curse of being a Cal fan. Giants have a 20 run lead and I was still nervous.
bonsallbear
Kershaw Becomes third youngest to 2500 strikeouts in ML history. > Better than most.
Chapman_is_Gone
bonsallbear said:

Kershaw Becomes third youngest to 2500 strikeouts in ML history. > Better than most.
Wow, what a d*** you must be in real life. You know this thread annoys multiple Cal fans, who either dislike the Dodgers, dislike the Giants, or don't want to have to wade past a baseball thread every day when looking for Cal information, yet you continue to have a conversation practically with yourself so that the thread remains toward the top of the board.

F*** you.
GMP
Chapman_is_Gone said:

bonsallbear said:

Wow, what a d*** you must be in real life. You know this thread annoys multiple Cal fans, who either dislike the Dodgers, dislike the Giants, or don't want to have to wade past a baseball thread every day when looking for Cal information, yet you continue to have a conversation practically with yourself so that the thread remains toward the top of the board.

F*** you.

LOLLLLL
sycasey
bonsallbear said:

. . . in the regular season.
Cal8285
Chapman_is_Gone said:

bonsallbear said:

F*** you.

After 4400+ posts, if you doesn't like the thread, um, ignore it. There are many threads on this board I just don't care about. It isn't always apparent from the thread title. It isn't like you have to "wade" past this thread. It is one thread among many. If it is at the top, just say to yourself, "Stupid Dodgers fans and GIants fans still going at it after 8 years." Or put it out of your mind. It seems a little late for admin to put it in OT after 8 years.

And in any event, no matter what Kershaw does in his regular season career, and he certainly has had a Hall of Fame regular season career, he's got a lot of work to do in order to be as good a post-season pitcher as Ryan Vogelsong. He'll have to improve a LOT on his best post-season to have as good a post-season as Vogelsong's best. Has Kershaw ever been the best pitcher in a single post-season? Um, no, never, not even close. Ryan Vogelsong was easily the best pitcher in the 2012 post-season. A 1.09 ERA for a single post-season. Not a ton of guys to do that with over 20 innings in a post-season, but a fair number, a bunch of guys who don't choke in the post-season (like Matt Cain, and his 0.00 ERA in the 2010 post-season). Vogelsong was not as stellar in the 2014 post-season, but still, the team was 3-0 in his starts.

And want to know why Vogelsong was able to get a second World Series ring in 2014? Because in the 2014 post-season, Clayton Kershaw sucked. As a regular season team, the Dodgers were a lot better than either the GIants or the Cardinals, but Kershaw just plain sucked in his two games against the Cardinals (7.82 ERA, blowing one big lead and blowing another lead by giving up a homer to Matt Adams, Kershaw just doesn't give up homers against lefties except when he is pitching with both hands around his neck like the post-season choker he usually is). If Kershaw weren't a post-season choker, the Dodgers would have beaten both the Giants and the Cardinals to get to the World Series. But thanks to the post-season choker, the Giants got a third Worlds Series in five years, and Vogelsong got to have a 7-0 record in post-season games he started.

You'd think a guy like Kershaw could, at least once in the last 7 years, when he was one of the best pitchers in the game during the regular season, put a team on his back like, say, Bumgarner in 2014, and get them to a Series title. Sure, you can't expect a guy to do that every year. But Kershaw got 7 chances over the last 7 years to do that, and came up big ZERO times. And in 2014, he didn't need to put the team on his back, he just needed to avoid choking. But that wasn't going to happen.

Maybe now that we're in a fake season, Kershaw can do something different in the post-season. Historically, the Dodgers are good at winning the series in a fake season (see 1981), so hey, there's hope.
bonsallbear
So if your inclined to hate,........that's your issue. I post positive information about the Dodgers. If the mods have a problem with that,they'll tell me. In the meantime,

Kershaw (future HOF lock) > Vogelsang
Chapman_is_Gone
bonsallbear said:

So if your inclined to hate,........that's your issue. I post positive information about the Dodgers. If the mods have a problem with that,they'll tell me. In the meantime,

At least I know the difference between "your" and "you're." I'll always have that.
philbert
Cal8285 said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

bonsallbear said:

F*** you.

After 4400+ posts, if you doesn't like the thread, um, ignore it. There are many threads on this board I just don't care about. It isn't always apparent from the thread title. It isn't like you have to "wade" past this thread. It is one thread among many. If it is at the top, just say to yourself, "Stupid Dodgers fans and GIants fans still going at it after 8 years." Or put it out of your mind. It seems a little late for admin to put it in OT after 8 years.

And in any event, no matter what Kershaw does in his regular season career, and he certainly has had a Hall of Fame regular season career, he's got a lot of work to do in order to be as good a post-season pitcher as Ryan Vogelsong. He'll have to improve a LOT on his best post-season to have as good a post-season as Vogelsong's best. Has Kershaw ever been the best pitcher in a single post-season? Um, no, never, not even close. Ryan Vogelsong was easily the best pitcher in the 2012 post-season. A 1.09 ERA for a single post-season. Not a ton of guys to do that with over 20 innings in a post-season, but a fair number, a bunch of guys who don't choke in the post-season (like Matt Cain, and his 0.00 ERA in the 2010 post-season). Vogelsong was not as stellar in the 2014 post-season, but still, the team was 3-0 in his starts.

And want to know why Vogelsong was able to get a second World Series ring in 2014? Because in the 2014 post-season, Clayton Kershaw sucked. As a regular season team, the Dodgers were a lot better than either the GIants or the Cardinals, but Kershaw just plain sucked in his two games against the Cardinals (7.82 ERA, blowing one big lead and blowing another lead by giving up a homer to Matt Adams, Kershaw just doesn't give up homers against lefties except when he is pitching with both hands around his neck like the post-season choker he usually is). If Kershaw weren't a post-season choker, the Dodgers would have beaten both the Giants and the Cardinals to get to the World Series. But thanks to the post-season choker, the Giants got a third Worlds Series in five years, and Vogelsong got to have a 7-0 record in post-season games he started.

You'd think a guy like Kershaw could, at least once in the last 7 years, when he was one of the best pitchers in the game during the regular season, put a team on his back like, say, Bumgarner in 2014, and get them to a Series title. Sure, you can't expect a guy to do that every year. But Kershaw got 7 chances over the last 7 years to do that, and came up big ZERO times. And in 2014, he didn't need to put the team on his back, he just needed to avoid choking. But that wasn't going to happen.

Maybe now that we're in a fake season, Kershaw can do something different in the post-season. Historically, the Dodgers are good at winning the series in a fake season (see 1981), so hey, there's hope.
The biggest indictment against Kershaw was Game 5 of the WS against the Astros with LA poised to win the series. He got staked to leads of 4 and 3 runs at two different points and couldn't hold the leads. Yes, I know folks will say that HOU cheated...and they may have. But if you read this story, LA was already thinking something shady was going on and were changing signs. (this is also what Washington did against HOU this past WS) Also, it's apparent Kershaw just didn't pitch well.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28830287/what-rewatching-two-key-astros-2017-world-series-games-tells-us

sycasey
bonsallbear
Chapman_is_Gone said:

bonsallbear said:

At least I know the difference between "your" and "you're." I'll always have that.

Yes, I missed on the first one. Congratulations!
bonsallbear
Clayton was on tonight. 8 strong with 13 ks and 3 hits. On to the next series.
Chapman_is_Gone
bonsallbear said:

Nobody cares, brah.
GMP
bonsallbear said:

Kershaw out with "back spasms." Is he afraid of the big moment? Is he trying to duck the Braves' righty heavy lineup? Swanson, Riley, Albies, Darnaud, Ozuna, Acua
GMP
Drats. So close.
NYCGOBEARS
GMP said:

Drats. So close.

Yet so far.
sycasey
2 more games and we are good for another winter.
sonofabear51
Yep, good with that.
dimitrig

That's gonna leave a mark!
bonsallbear
Not so bad today. Setting MLB record for first inning runs in playoff game.....11
Still 2-1 braves.
NYCGOBEARS
bonsallbear said:

Not so bad today. Setting MLB record for first inning runs in playoff game.....11
Still 2-1 braves.

Oh, you're back.
sycasey
The good news is that this game was over early so I didn't have to waste time watching it.
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.