Hey Dodgers Fans

993,910 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Big C
BeggarEd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheBears;841955417 said:

That's like when Detroit Pistons fans go the the well of Fort Wayne accomplishments. What can you say at that point?

I would say that the vast majority of old-school Giants fans are classy. Many of them can't afford to go to the ballpark often. The vast majority of the bandwagoners, and Mike Krukow, are not.

An LA sports fan accusing any fanbase of being bandwagoners :facepalm ... F'ing hilarious
TheBears
BeggarEd;841955420 said:

An LA sports fan accusing any fanbase of being bandwagoners :facepalm ... F'ing hilarious

Every winning team has bandwagoners, even cheating winning teams.
Dodger fans are not as "LA" as Lakers fan, for example. Check attendance figures over the years for one piece of evidence. The Kings had a strong core of fans through the lean years, too.

I've been a Dodgers fan since I was a little kid, and I will always remain so.

Thanks for staying classy.
NYCGOBEARS
TheBears;841955421 said:

Every winning team has bandwagoners, even cheating winning teams.
Dodger fans are not as "LA" as Lakers fan, for example. Check attendance figures over the years for one piece of evidence. The Kings had a strong core of fans through the lean years, too.

I've been a Dodgers fan since I was a little kid, and I will always remain so.

Thanks for staying classy.

Congratulations on your "big" purchase from Boston. That's classy isn't it? How's that working out for the Dodgers?

Cheaters? We've been tearing up the league WITHOUT Cabrera, thank you very much.
PED's are a reality of pro sports. If you don't believe that there are players on every team using them, you are naive.

I've been a Giants fan since childhood and will always remain one.
TheBears
NYCGOBEARS;841955457 said:

Congratulations on your "big" purchase from Boston. That's classy isn't it? How's that working out for the Dodgers?

You must have skipped "class" classes at Cal. You sound a lot more like a Trojan.

I had nothing to do with the trade, or with wins or losses. You have nothing to do with any of Sabean's deals, or with anything that happens on the field, or with wins obtained with cheaters.

Stay classy my friends.
sycasey
BeggarEd;841955420 said:

The Dodgers wish they were good enough to have bandwagon fans.
high calibear
TheBears;841955487 said:

You must have skipped "class" classes at Cal. You sound a lot more like a Trojan.

I had nothing to do with the trade, or with wins or losses. You have nothing to do with any of Sabean's deals, or with anything that happens on the field, or with wins obtained with cheaters.

Stay classy my friends.

lol...so i assume you sent dodgers ownership a sternly written letter of disapproval when they won division titles behind the contributions of minnie ramirez and eric gagne?
KoreAmBear
sycasey;841955391 said:

Yes, but I fail to see what any of this has to do with the Dodgers blowing it after making their big trade.

Yes, because baseball with all its tradition and history is about one season. Good on ya sycasey. Seriously enjoy your run but if you can't at least acknowledge that the Dodgers have and continue to be a great franchise, I don't know what to say except that you would be the typical No Cal homer focusing on L.A.
TheBears
high calibear;841955545 said:

lol...so i assume you sent dodgers ownership a sternly written letter of disapproval when they won division titles behind the contributions of minnie ramirez and eric gagne?

I said that none of us has anything to do with any kind of wins or losses. Go back to Cal and take a reading comprehension course.
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;841955457 said:

Cheaters? We've been tearing up the league WITHOUT Cabrera, thank you very much.
PED's are a reality of pro sports. If you don't believe that there are players on every team using them, you are naive.

I've been a Giants fan since childhood and will always remain one.

NYC - saying you are tearing it up without Melky is being in denial (just like Giant fans were with Barry). Whatever the case, Melky and Mota were cheating and that was and they are part of your team. That said, they've responded quite well since the Melky suspension when they could have cratered. The guy that I really think is the pest is Pagan (hate him because he always is trouble for the Dodgers).
sycasey
KoreAmBear;841955553 said:

NYC - saying you are tearing it up without Melky is being in denial (just like Giant fans were with Barry). Whatever the case, Melky and Mota were cheating and that was and they are part of your team. That said, they've responded quite well since the Melky suspension when they could have cratered. The guy that I really think is the pest is Pagan (hate him because he always is trouble for the Dodgers).

Because I'm sure the Dodgers have NEVER benefited from a player using steroids. And if this is really LA's excuse for being 10 games behind, then LOL.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;841955549 said:

Yes, because baseball with all its tradition and history is about one season. Good on ya sycasey. Seriously enjoy your run but if you can't at least acknowledge that the Dodgers have and continue to be a great franchise, I don't know what to say except that you would be the typical No Cal homer focusing on L.A.

They were a great franchise 20+ years ago, I'll give you that.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;841955569 said:

Because I'm sure the Dodgers have NEVER benefited from a player using steroids. And if this is really LA's excuse for being 10 games behind, then LOL.

Please acknowledge that the Dodgers are a good franchise overall. I've said plenty of good things about the Giants but you seem to be incapable of being a good sport (unlike @NYCGOBEARS who is a terrific sport). It's OK I deal with lawyers who are like this so I understand.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;841955575 said:

Please acknowledge that the Dodgers are a good franchise overall. I've said plenty of good things about the Giants but you seem to be incapable of being a good sport. It's OK I deal with lawyers who are like this so I understand.

Okay, I think you are taking this a lot more seriously than I am. What is a rivalry if I can't get in a good bit of tweaking when my rival face-plants spectacularly?

The Dodgers started the season hot and were all but anointed by the media as NL West champs in those early months.

The Giants caught them but were assumed to be dead after Melky's suspension.

The Dodgers made some big-money, big-splash moves to bring in big-name players that were supposed to carry them to the playoffs and augur a new period of dominance.

Instead, the Giants have surged and the Dodgers have collapsed. This is fun for us Giants fans -- so we'll have our fun, thank you very much.
Unit2Sucks
Honestly KAB - surprised to see you respond this way. You bringing up the previous dodgers WS titles reminds me of the dawgs bringing up their former success against Cal when we started beating them last decade, and frankly sounds like the Cal fans who try to gloat about our 7-3 run against furd when really it's 1-3 in the last 4 years. And calling people "typical no cal homers" is a little ridiculous unless you acknowledge that you are a "typical so cal homer."

People obviously should feel free to do whatever they want but it seems to me that the only way to have high ground here is to say something like - "you got us this year, we look forward to competing next year."

high calibear;841955545 said:

Don't forget Mike Piazza - he should have been a poster boy for the PED generation. Loved all those stories about how a guy chosen in the 52nd round magically became an all-star. The same way Barry Bonds magically grew umpteen hat sized and gained 50lbs of muscle in his 30's. I'm not defending the giants by any stretch because they didn't do anything about Bonds, but it's not clear to me that any baseball team has done anything to limit cheating and certainly not including the dodgers.
BeggarEd
Unit2Sucks;841955581 said:

Honestly KAB - surprised to see you respond this way. You bringing up the previous dodgers WS titles reminds me of the dawgs bringing up their former success against Cal when we started beating them last decade, and frankly sounds like the Cal fans who try to gloat about our 7-3 run against furd when really it's 1-3 in the last 4 years. And calling people "typical no cal homers" is a little ridiculous unless you acknowledge that you are a "typical so cal homer."

People obviously should feel free to do whatever they want but it seems to me that the only way to have high ground here is to say something like - "you got us this year, we look forward to competing next year."

Don't forget Mike Piazza - he should have been a poster boy for the PED generation. Loved all those stories about how a guy chosen in the 52nd round magically became an all-star. The same way Barry Bonds magically grew umpteen hat sized and gained 50lbs of muscle in his 30's. I'm not defending the giants by any stretch because they didn't do anything about Bonds, but it's not clear to me that any baseball team has done anything to limit cheating and certainly not including the dodgers.

Good post. I don't understand the whole "some titles count, but some don't because it's too long ago argument." The Giants' last NY title was in 1954. The Dodgers' 1st LA title was in 1959. I'm not sure why the LA title is anymore valid in '59 than the NY title was in '54.

Anyhow, I respect the Dodgers as a franchise, but I take pure joy in seeing them lose. I wouldn't hold anything against a Dodger fan who feels the opposite.
KoreAmBear
Unit2Sucks;841955581 said:

Yes, you're right, no team has the high ground on PEDs. Not sure Piazza did anything; I don't hear any allegations but that's besides the point. I'm not trying to mock No Cal, heck, my favorite school sits right in the middle of it. However, there is a real animosity of L.A. by bay area residents that L.A. residents frankly don't have at all in return. I mean I was shocked when I first got to Cal, I saw a local Honda commercial devoted to making fun of L.A. (bay area person was seen driving a green Honda, L.A. execs were seen coming out of some gas guzzler monstrosity).

As for titles, besides the run we had against Willingham and a couple of years of Neuheisel/Gilby, I'd have to agree that UW has owned us in a historical context. If I were a UCLA fan, I would be mentioning the 11 titles as a source of pride too -- guess what they show recruits when they visit Pauley? These are facts about championships. I love history. History is on the side of the L.A. Dodgers vis-a-vis the S.F. Giants in terms of championships.

I only brought that up because guys like @sycasey with their condescending attitude cannot acknowledge the healthy rivalry between the Giants and Dodgers. Everything has to be in favor of the Giants, every point goes their way, etc. I know guys like that - it's so black and white in their favor, as if life is like that. That's why I had to show him that it ain't like that at all. Peace, Unit2Sucks. And yes, Unit 2 does suck, esp. when I was attending Cal. I did love Unit 1 (Cheney Hall).
RaphaelAglietti
If you think only Melky and Mota are using PEDs well I've got some beachfront property in Kansas to sell you.

It's probably between 30-50% of the league. The MLB's program only catches so few guys because they can't test everyone all the time.

As for the Dodgers it good they've gotten new ownership because they were a lost cause previously. However, it's going to take time as they need to stock the farm system again to get back to the 1970s and 1980s levels. They also need some grit guys.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;841955573 said:

They were a great franchise 20+ years ago, I'll give you that.

LOL, so gracious. I'll take it, I guess.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;841955590 said:

I only brought that up because guys like @sycasey with their condescending attitude cannot acknowledge the healthy rivalry between the Giants and Dodgers. Everything has to be in favor of the Giants, every point goes their way, etc.

It's called being a fan, dude. I don't think anything I've posted here has been severely out of bounds -- playful ribbing is part of having a healthy rivalry.
high calibear
TheBears;841955550 said:

I said that none of us has anything to do with any kind of wins or losses. Go back to Cal and take a reading comprehension course.

you strongly implied that the giants' season is tainted because of the cabrera and mota suspensions, so my comprehension is just fine.

as far as your observation that "none of us has anything to do with any kind of wins and losses", go back to elementary school and learn how to write without stating the ridiculously obvious.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;841955597 said:

It's called being a fan, dude. I don't think anything I've posted here has been severely out of bounds.

Ooh, sensitive. Who said you're not a fan or were severely out of bounds?
sycasey
KoreAmBear;841955602 said:

Ooh, sensitive. Who said you're not a fan or were severely out of bounds?

If there is someone who registers highest on the "sensitive" scale in this conversation, it ain't me.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;841955603 said:

If there is someone who registers highest on the "sensitive" scale in this conversation, it ain't me.

Ooh, defensive as well. Wow, sycasey you're losing it. Come on, man, let's focus on $C, shall we?
sycasey
KoreAmBear;841955606 said:

Ooh, defensive as well. Wow, sycasey you're losing it. Come on, man, let's focus on $C, shall we?

I see what you did there.
Unit2Sucks
KoreAmBear;841955590 said:

Peace, Unit2Sucks. And yes, Unit 2 does suck, esp. when I was attending Cal. I did love Unit 1 (Cheney Hall).

:beer:

This week the only team I hate is USC.
JollyBear
It's my god-given right never to have to say anything even remotely nice about Stanfurd or the Dodgers. I hope they fumble every ball they carry, miss every pitch they swing at, and lose every game they play. I will laugh at their misfortune, take joy in their defeats, and kick them when they are down.
CalBear68
JollyBear;841955691 said:

It's my god-given right never to have to say anything even remotely nice about Stanfurd or the Dodgers. I hope they fumble every ball they carry, miss every pitch they swing at, and lose every game they play. I will laugh at their misfortune, take joy in their defeats, and kick them when they are down.

Works for me.
RaphaelAglietti
sycasey;841955597 said:

It's called being a fan, dude. I don't think anything I've posted here has been severely out of bounds -- playful ribbing is part of having a healthy rivalry.

Sy,

You could down the Steve Garvey path or even tackle Roseboro angle if you want to rankle them Doyers fans. Of course they seem to love PED angle conveniently ignoring ManRam and Gagne amongst others ...

Of course you could go after the sacred cow ... Vin Scully but then that's just elderly abuse. Mel Allen > Vin Scully booyah!
sycasey
RaphaelAglietti;841955766 said:

Sy,

You could down the Steve Garvey path or even tackle Roseboro angle if you want to rankle them Doyers fans. Of course they seem to love PED angle conveniently ignoring ManRam and Gagne amongst others ...

Of course you could go after the sacred cow ... Vin Scully but then that's just elderly abuse. Mel Allen > Vin Scully booyah!

Even I don't go after Vin Scully.

The PED thing is always amusing, given that it comes so often from A's and Dodger fans. I'm not sure if there are two other fanbases in less of a position to point fingers.
NYCGOBEARS
I for one love beating the Doyers BECAUSE they are a storied franchise. The O'Malleys were class. Since then?..... Not so much. Regardless, it is a great rivalry. The best in sports. KAB, I respect you very much and I respectfully say - Go Giants, F@CK LA!
liverflukes
You guys will pay for this thread during basketball season.

Until then, consider yourselves lucky.

NYCGOBEARS
JollyBear;841955691 said:

My favorite post in a long time.
NYCGOBEARS
liverflukes;841955860 said:

You guys will pay for this thread during basketball season.

Until then, consider yourselves lucky.

Why? I'm not a Warriors fan. I like that pic.
liverflukes
NYCGOBEARS;841955865 said:

Why? I'm not a Warriors fan. I like that pic.

The wisest thing you said on this thread :rollinglaugh:
NYCGOBEARS
liverflukes;841955867 said:

The wisest thing you said on this thread :rollinglaugh:

In do hate the Lakers however. Sorry, it's hard wired.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.