Hey Dodgers Fans

983,314 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm actually a Halos fan who has simply hated the Giants since I was a tike. So, go ahead and hit me where it hurts. We just swept another series from the Tigers, though, so I'm riding relatively high.
86Oski
KoreAmBear;842134287 said:

Good deal. My uncle took me to my first Dodger game around 79 when I was 8; Doug Rau was the starter that game. I don't know how I remember that, but I do.

Cool story, but no tats = bandwagon fan!
NYCGOBEARS
chazzed;842134291 said:

We just swept another series from the Tigers, though, so I'm riding relatively high.

I remember that feeling except we did it in the WS...
Cal_Fan2
NYCGOBEARS;842134298 said:

I remember that feeling except we did it in the WS...

So did my A's......:p
sycasey
Cal_Fan2;842134339 said:

So did my A's......:p

Swept the Tigers? That doesn't make sense.
Cal_Fan2
sycasey;842134341 said:

Swept the Tigers? That doesn't make sense.

oh...I meant swept a team in the W.S...the Giants. Maybe I replied to the wrong idea....oops.
beelzebear

Good deal. My uncle took me to my first Dodger game around 79 when I was 8; Doug Rau was the starter that game. I don't know how I remember that, but I do.

My Dad took me and by bro to the first Helmet Weekend. I don't remember what year it was but I remember I wore that helmet all summer, during little league, vacation, everywhere. I think Bill Singer was pitching. A 40-something year bandwagon ride.
CalBearS916Fan

Wow I was one in 79 not trying to make you feel old haha. That's great I know it was good times. I was so young when we went to games all i remember is tailgating lol mainly cause it was ribs n chicken and my granddad and uncles cutting up my food haha.
soefeil
Cal_Fan2;842134344 said:

oh...I meant swept a team in the W.S...the Giants. Maybe I replied to the wrong idea....oops.

Your reply made complete sense.
CalBear68
Ha Ha -- talk about misreading my post and equivocating my admittedly snarky mocking of fair-weather dogger fans as whining. Nice try, but fail again. This is a fun thread. Keep it going!
82gradDLSdad

I wonder if Dougie got taken out of that game too.

KoreAmBear
82gradDLSdad;842134477 said:

I wonder if Dougie got taken out of that game too.

That may be my second favorite Jim Healy clip. The first is one that's not really available anymore. It's where Robert W. Morgan interviewed the late Ray Malavasi on 710 KMPC on the Monday morning after the Rams game and while they were talking about the game, Ray started to doze off and got his full snore on for like 2-3 minutes (they kept him on the line and just let him get his Zzzs on the air).
atoms

I was born and raised a Dodger fan. My dad has been a Dodger fan since they moved to LA in 1958. I mean, we're still in last place for crying out loud; yeah we swept the (4th place) Giants, which is always great but not necessarily a huge accomplishment right now. My point is, anyone paying attention at this point is probably not a bandwagoner, because it's been an awful, awful season so far. Well, maybe they're a Puig bandwagoner, but it's hard to blame anyone for that
beelzebear
Wow, Reds toss a no-no at the Giants, Dodgers win and SF is now in the cellar. Brutal.
TheSouseFamily
beelzebear;842136005 said:

Wow, Reds toss a no-no at the Giants, Dodgers win and SF is now in the cellar. Brutal.

By "brutal", do you mean "brutally awesome?"
2ndTrumpetBear
beelzebear;842136005 said:

TheSouseFamily;842136006 said:

By "brutal", do you mean "brutally awesome?"

For some reason, I'm noticing a lot less crowing about the Giants in my social media feeds.
GMP
2ndTrumpetBear;842136072 said:

For some reason, I'm noticing a lot less crowing about the Giants in my social media feeds.

The Giants have won 2 World Series in 3 years and this is their first time in last place in the division after May 1st since 2007. We're not used to watching baseball that is this bad. How do you cope? I know you have lots of experience.
ducky23
The giants have won 2 World Series in the last 3 years. That's like cal winning two of the last three rose bowls and then ucla fans making fun of cal fans the year after because they aren't doing as well.

In that situation, do you think cal fans would care at all what ucla fans were saying? If cal won two rose bowls in three years, cal could stink it up for the next ten years and we would all still be able to die happy.
KoreAmBear
grandmastapoop;842136078 said:

The Giants have won 2 World Series in 3 years and this is their first time in last place in the division after May 1st since 2007. We're not used to watching baseball that is this bad. How do you cope? I know you have lots of experience.

Easy GMP. It's OK.
NYCGOBEARS
Oh man, that was some ignominious sh@t... Sigh...
GB54
KoreAmBear;842136098 said:

Easy GMP. It's OK.

If only baseball fandom were limited to a three year window.
GMP
KoreAmBear;842136098 said:

Easy GMP. It's OK.

That was being easy, haha.
2ndTrumpetBear

The Giants have won 2 World Series in 3 years and this is their first time in last place in the division after May 1st since 2007. We're not used to watching baseball that is this bad. How do you cope?

You'll get used to it.
sycasey
Yeah, I would bitch about how bad the Giants have been playing lately (and not only that, but how dull their games have been), but after winning the World Series twice in the last 3 years it just seems silly to complain now.

The thing that baffles me is how the starting pitching was so bad early on, but the hitting was decent, and how that the starting rotation has improved the hitting has gone into the tank. Sure, there have been injuries to some of the mainstays in that time (Sandoval, Scutaro, Pagan), but they still shouldn't be THIS bad.
KoreAmBear
grandmastapoop;842136190 said:

That was being easy, haha.

LOL. OK let's focus on football now. Only a little over a month 'til Fall Ball. Excited and nervous at the same time. I'd better get all my chores and domestic projects done this month. Maybe the window for some quality time with the family. Lay low. Then BOOM.
GinFizzBear

If you're like most Giants fans, you'll cling to those 3 years and keep yelling "Dodgers suck" as if you were oblivious to the Giants' performance over the last 4 weeks.
NYCGOBEARS
GinFizzBear;842136301 said:

If you're like most Giants fans, you'll cling to those 3 years and keep yelling "Dodgers suck" as if you were oblivious to the Giants' performance over the last 4 weeks.

What the heck does this mean? I've been yelling "the Dodgers suck" my whole life and do not plan on stopping anytime soon. How well the Giants are or aren't doing has no bearing on this.
GinFizzBear
NYCGOBEARS;842136307 said:

I've been yelling "the Dodgers suck" my whole life and do not plan on stopping anytime soon. How well the Giants are or aren't doing has no bearing on this.

Precisely.

BTW I'm really, really enjoying the meltdown in the Giants fan base during this losing streak.
Unit2Sucks
GinFizzBear;842136313 said:

Precisely.

BTW I'm really, really enjoying the meltdown in the Giants fan base during this losing streak.

As you should. I've been enjoying ever Dodgers meltdown for as long as I can remember (although not sure people care enough anymore to melt down given how mediocre the Dodgers have been the last few years) and enjoying every Giants success.

I find it ironic that Lakers fans claim superiority when Warriors fans celebrate playoff victories, yet Dodgers fans seem to be celebrating when they get out of last place while Giants fans are cheering for WS or bust.

Moral of the story? Fans are generally the same everywhere and use the same tactics to discredit opposing teams and fans.
KoreAmBear
Unit2Sucks;842136327 said:

Moral of the story? Fans are generally the same everywhere and use the same tactics to discredit opposing teams and fans.

Exactly. Fans will frame an argument in terms of whatever period of time benefits them. Yet each fan will claim their metric as valid, and discredit the opposing fan as self-serving. It's all the same everywhere. It's somewhat pointless and banal. But it's the fun thing about rivalries. Until it gets a little excessive LOL. When I step back and listen to sports radio, I find it kind of disturbing to hear all these fans get so into it about their team, as if it was a matter of world impact. Also, there is such a premium placed on a strong "sports take." You would hope they have that much passion for their spouses, kids or their communities. I find Romey entertaining, but I think he pretty much is the reason for this disproportionate focus and importance on sports. Ultimately, in this thread and others, I would still try to remember that we are all Cal fans here, going in the same direction -- whatever that direction is LOL.
Unit2Sucks
KoreAmBear;842136335 said:

Ultimately, in this thread and others, I would still try to remember that we are all Cal fans here, going in the same direction -- whatever that direction is LOL.

Couldn't agree more. For what it's worth, the relevant measurement period for success in collegiate football is generally agreed to be either 1921 or 1937 and anything else is just a blip.
NYCGOBEARS
Unit2Sucks;842136345 said:

Couldn't agree more. For what it's worth, the relevant measurement period for success in collegiate football is generally agreed to be either 1921 or 1937 and anything else is just a blip.

I agree wholeheartedly. That being said, "Beat LA! The Dodgers suck!".
sycasey
GinFizzBear;842136301 said:

Well I would hate the Dodgers regardless of how good the two teams were. That's because they are rivals and have been for a long time. However, I do find it amusing that you took my post, which is entirely about the Giants' performance by itself and makes no mention of the Dodgers, and found some way to comment on the rivalry. Shows how strong it is!
GinFizzBear
Unit2Sucks;842136327 said:

As you should. I've been enjoying ever Dodgers meltdown for as long as I can remember (although not sure people care enough anymore to melt down given how mediocre the Dodgers have been the last few years) and enjoying every Giants success.

I find it ironic that Lakers fans claim superiority when Warriors fans celebrate playoff victories, yet Dodgers fans seem to be celebrating when they get out of last place while Giants fans are cheering for WS or bust.

Well yeah, getting out of last place is worth celebrating. (They're tied for second right now.) It's not only that, but it's how they're doing it. they're on an amazing hot streak, the bats are cracking, the Dodgers have a new superstar in Puig, and winning the NL West sounds realistic. Plenty of baseball between now and the WS. Some of us are also cheering that the Giants are playing miserably.

If some Giants fans can't be happy unless WS happens, well then that's good news for me to hear, because that means they can't live in the present, they're going to be miserable, and I really enjoy that.
NYCGOBEARS
GinFizzBear;842136694 said:

Well yeah, getting out of last place is worth celebrating. (They're tied for second right now.) It's not only that, but it's how they're doing it. they're on an amazing hot streak, the bats are cracking, the Dodgers have a new superstar in Puig, and winning the NL West sounds realistic. Plenty of baseball between now and the WS. Some of us are also cheering that the Giants are playing miserably.

If some Giants fans can't be happy unless WS happens, well then that's good news for me to hear, because that means they can't live in the present, they're going to be miserable, and I really enjoy that.

The Giants/Dodgers rivalry is the greatest in sports. Go Giants!
First Page Last Page
Page 17 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.