Hey Dodgers Fans

983,147 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
ducky23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SchadenBear;842139148 said:

A great night for baseball.

Lincicum pitches a complete game over the Padres.

Griffin pitches 8 shutout innings for a win over the Red Sox.

Complete game? You forgot shutout. C'mon now.
NYCGOBEARS
Great game by Timmy!
Cal Panda Bear
This will be great for his confidence! Crazy how Petco Park is practically a home park for us. I saw more orange in the crowd than Padres colors.
BeggarEd
#momenTIM
Cal Panda Bear
ducky23
Cal Panda Bear;842139160 said:

This will be great for his confidence! Crazy how Petco Park is practically a home park for us. I saw more orange in the crowd than Padres colors.

There are a lot of Johnny come lately giants fans who make the 8 hour drive to SD.

It's kinda like when all those a's fans take over the angels ballpark.
pingpong2
Don't forget, free dominoes for anyone that subscribes to mlb.tv
YuSeeBerkeley
Cal Panda Bear;842139166 said:

148 pitches...won't be a shocker if he winds up like Johan Santana.
sycasey
YuSeeBerkeley;842139185 said:

148 pitches...won't be a shocker if he winds up like Johan Santana.

Normally I'm against high pitch counts, but when a no-hitter is going I'll forgive it.
chazzed
ducky23;842139176 said:

There are a lot of Johnny come lately giants fans who make the 8 hour drive to SD.

It's kinda like when all those a's fans take over the angels ballpark.

Kinda, but not really. A's fans at the Big A in no way approach the % of SF fans in SD tonight.
gobears725
buster posey was classic on the celebration. what an awesome achievement by lincecum. hats off
TheSouseFamily
Pablo Sandoval is really starting to morph into Rerun from What's Happening!! (possibly the greatest show of all time, as it were)

Plus, a bit of classic Vin Scully on Sandoval....

ducky23
chazzed;842139196 said:

Kinda, but not really. A's fans at the Big A in no way approach the % of SF fans in SD tonight.

Yeah well, all those giants fans who show up at opposing ballparks are total fair weather fans.

Real die hard fans show up to root beer float day.
NYCGOBEARS
Are all the "Bandwagon" A's fans from the 70's-80's now Giants fans?
RoseBowlThirsty
Cal Panda Bear;842139166 said:

I can't help but smile every time I watch this. Great performance by Timmy. There's a decent chance he will be in an opposing uniform next year, but he's a Giant for life.
GRRAAH
8 ER in 3 2/3 for L-L-L.....insecum. Back to reality I guess.
SchadenBear
:rollinglaugh:
chazzed
GRRAAH;842142193 said:

8 ER in 3 2/3 for L-L-L.....insecum. Back to reality I guess.

Maybe they did overthrow him during his no-no. I'd still have a tough time pulling a pitcher at that juncture, though.
TheSouseFamily
Wait a minute...is that the Dodgers I see all alone in first place in the NL West??
uchighlander
TheSouseFamily;842142243 said:

Wait a minute...is that the Dodgers I see all alone in first place in the NL West??

Why....yes it is those Dodgers all alone at the top.....in FIRST place. GO BLUE !!! GO BEARS!!
KoreAmBear
uchighlander;842142382 said:

Why....yes it is those Dodgers all alone at the top.....in FIRST place. GO BLUE !!! GO BEARS!!

Wow, and I used to hate this thread.

More attention should be brought to Hanley, not just Puig. AJ Ellis too. I feel sorry for Brandon League though. The other day in a 14-5 game, he couldn't get on the mound. I guess he's this year's Juan Uribe.
pingpong2
:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang
86Oski
KoreAmBear;842142385 said:

Wow, and I used to hate this thread.

That's strange...I used to like it, but now fully support having it deleted or moved to the OT forum.

I think LA will be tough to beat...there's really no team in the NL West I see mounting a serious challenge, as much as I'd like the Gs to do so. Hope I'm wrong (again).
NYCGOBEARS
86Oski;842142387 said:

That's strange...I used to like it, but now fully support having it deleted or moved to the OT forum.

I think LA will be tough to beat...there's really no team in the NL West I see mounting a serious challenge, as much as I'd like the Gs to do so. Hope I'm wrong (again).

As bad as the Giants have looked I'm not conceding the division just yet. There's a lot of baseball yet to be played.
Unit2Sucks
You know what's crazy about the NL West? As of a few days every team had 27 home wins. Colorado now leads the division with 28 and everyone else is at 27.

Dodgers are playing well right now and have finally gone ahead in the runs scored column - 389 to 388 for the season. If their pitching and hitting get on the same page at the same time they can make a run in the playoffs, but they'll need to play their best ball at the end of the season.
Beardog26
Completely agree with you and NYC above. There is a lot of baseball to be played and a lot can change with injuries and players getting hot/cold.

Growing up in LA I am a lifelong Dodgers fan but have a ton of respect for the Giants organization and what they've accomplished the past few years. I don't think the Giants have the goods or mojo this year and, if I were Sabean, would not ship out what's left of a relatively weak farm system to get incrementally better when the Dodgers have a lot more talent on the field this year. It would make more sense, IMO, for the Giants to be sellers, dumping a couple major league pieces (assuming they can get decent value, which is not a given with the pieces for which they will be entertaining trade offers) to re-stock the farm system and maybe get a young major league guy for the bullpen or a middle to back end rotation starter to replace Zito and possibly Lincecum next year. If they bring Lincecum back next year, I can't imagine it would be at more than $12-14M/year and no longer than 3 years, given his career innings pitched and inconsistency/decreased fastball velocity the past couple years.

All that said, the Giants have some gamers and can't be counted out at only 6 games back. Posey is a stud and can carry a team. Scutaro will likey be on base at a fairly high rate. If two or more of Pence (like early this year), Sandoval (like last year), Belt, Crawford (like early this year) can get hot, they have enough time to make a push. The Pagan injury really hurt their chances as we was a bit of a catalyst in their clubhouse.

The Dodgers may unravel. Things are hot now for them and they have a great lineup and starting rotation on paper, but if a couple guys go cold and Kemp keeps getting injured they could go in the tank. I don't think they have a Posey-type leader on that team other than possibly Kershaw, and it is tough to be an everyday leader when you only pitch every fifth day.

On the other hand, they have enough talent to keep up this roll and win the division by 10 games. It is far from a sure bet which way they will go.
NYCGOBEARS
Beardog26;842142407 said:

Completely agree with you and NYC above. There is a lot of baseball to be played and a lot can change with injuries and players getting hot/cold.

Growing up in LA I am a lifelong Dodgers fan but have a ton of respect for the Giants organization and what they've accomplished the past few years. I don't think the Giants have the goods or mojo this year and, if I were Sabean, would not ship out what's left of a relatively weak farm system to get incrementally better when the Dodgers have a lot more talent on the field this year. It would make more sense, IMO, for the Giants to be sellers, dumping a couple major league pieces (assuming they can get decent value, which is not a given with the pieces for which they will be entertaining trade offers) to re-stock the farm system and maybe get a young major league guy for the bullpen or a middle to back end rotation starter to replace Zito and possibly Lincecum next year. If they bring Lincecum back next year, I can't imagine it would be at more than $12-14M/year and no longer than 3 years, given his career innings pitched and inconsistency/decreased fastball velocity the past couple years.

All that said, the Giants have some gamers and can't be counted out at only 6 games back. Posey is a stud and can carry a team. Scutaro will likey be on base at a fairly high rate. If two or more of Pence (like early this year), Sandoval (like last year), Belt, Crawford (like early this year) can get hot, they have enough time to make a push. The Pagan injury really hurt their chances as we was a bit of a catalyst in their clubhouse.

The Dodgers may unravel. Things are hot now for them and they have a great lineup and starting rotation on paper, but if a couple guys go cold and Kemp keeps getting injured they could go in the tank. I don't think they have a Posey-type leader on that team other than possibly Kershaw, and it is tough to be an everyday leader when you only pitch every fifth day.

On the other hand, they have enough talent to keep up this roll and win the division by 10 games. It is far from a sure bet which way they will go.

Very good analysis. I agree completely. It's gonna be a great second half to watch in the division for sure. Not to mention, Bochy > Mattingly.
TheSouseFamily
NYCGOBEARS;842142417 said:

Very good analysis. I agree completely. It's gonna be a great second half to watch in the division for sure. Not to mention, Bochy > Mattingly.

Not to be a buzzkill or anything but ESPN's stats have the probability of the Giants making the playoffs as 7%. And ESPN prognostications based on data are never wrong, of course.
NYCGOBEARS
TheSouseFamily;842142424 said:

Not to be a buzzkill or anything but ESPN's stats have the probability of the Giants making the playoffs as 7%. And ESPN prognostications based on data are never wrong, of course.

Fantastic! Their odds of us sweeping Detroit last year were just about 0%.
Unit2Sucks
NYCGOBEARS;842142425 said:

Fantastic! Their odds of us sweeping Detroit last year were just about 0%.

Exactly. On the other hand, the odds of me having a good time at the doubleheader today are approximately 100%. Win or lose, can't beat a midweek doubleheader in July. And yes, I fully realize we're going to be outscored 24-0 in the two games to punish me for saying I'd enjoy it nonetheless.
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842142417 said:

Donny is starting to get better. It only took him 5 blown saves by League in like a week to finally name Jansen the closer. Seriously though, Donny has been working the bully much better lately. Yet the Dodgers now bring up Marmol and send Dominguez to the DL (probably some fake injury). Get ready for League II.
NYCGOBEARS
Unit2Sucks;842142429 said:

Exactly. On the other hand, the odds of me having a good time at the doubleheader today are approximately 100%. Win or lose, can't beat a midweek doubleheader in July. And yes, I fully realize we're going to be outscored 24-0 in the two games to punish me for saying I'd enjoy it nonetheless.

I AM SOOO JEALOUS!!! Have fun. Go Giants!
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842142433 said:

I AM SOOO JEALOUS!!! Have fun. Go Giants!

I remember the days when a ticket buys you both games. Now you have to buy two (and leave and come back)?
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842142434 said:

I remember the days when a ticket buys you both games. Now you have to buy two (and leave and come back)?

Spoke to a friend who's going and he just mentioned having one ticket to both games. I may be wrong though.
NYCGOBEARS
BTW, I can't remember tha last time I watched a double header on tv. Heck, I'm excited.
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.