Hey Dodgers Fans

983,351 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One ticket, both games. Just like at the stick, except without the water table and with a sheboygan brotty.
KoreAmBear
Unit2Sucks;842142441 said:

One ticket, both games. Just like at the stick, except without the water table and with a sheboygan brotty.

Wow I'm surprised in this day and age of maximizing income at every instance.
YuSeeBerkeley
KoreAmBear;842142430 said:

Donny is starting to get better. It only took him 5 blown saves by League in like a week to finally name Jansen the closer. Seriously though, Donny has been working the bully much better lately. Yet the Dodgers now bring up Marmol and send Dominguez to the DL (probably some fake injury). Get ready for League II.

Don't think it's a fake injury. It looked like he suffered some sort of leg injury last night. It happened on the third out of the inning, so when they brought in Howell the next inning, I didn't think much of it. I guess it was somewhat serious after all.
86Oski
KoreAmBear;842142445 said:

Wow I'm surprised in this day and age of maximizing income at every instance.

The first game is a make-up of the game that was rained out in Cinci a couple of weeks ago. The Reds will be the "home team" (home uniforms, bat in the bottom of the inning).

Edit: It looks like it's the nightcap that is the make-up of the earlier game.
KoreAmBear
86Oski;842142453 said:

The first game is a make-up of the game that was rained out in Cinci a couple of weeks ago. The Reds will be the "home team" (home uniforms, bat in the bottom of the inning).

Edit: It looks like it's the nightcap that is the make-up of the earlier game.

That's cool they will do the hockey thing and the traveling team will wear home whites.
rathokan
Adrian The Cal Bear;841904132 said:

Vogelsong > Kershaw

bump... and just a little reminder of how this thread started

:acclaim:
Cal Panda Bear
The Dodgers might be in first place right now but let's talk once you guys win a world series.
GinFizzBear
Cal Panda Bear;842143906 said:

The Dodgers might be in first place right now but let's talk once you guys win a world series.

Let me fix that for you.

"The Dodgers ARE in first place right now, but let's talk once you guys win ANOTHER world series."

Hey, did you see how Brandon Belt let the Cubs' winning base hit roll through his legs in the top of the 9th? It was pretty funny. Reminded me of Bill Buckner. The Giants are losing in every way imaginable these days, aren't they? Everything from 9th inning choke jobs to just plain old getting hammered.
liverflukes
Kudos to the Dodgers.
Cal Panda Bear
TheSouseFamily
Cal Panda Bear;842144539 said:

Haha. We'll just ignore the fact that the Dodgers have pulled in an average attendance of well above $3M for decades.
liverflukes

[SIZE="4"]I've been on this thread since page 1[/SIZE] :rollinglaugh:

GRRAAH

Lowly Giants have lost 19.5 games in standings to Dodgers in FIVE WEEKS. MVPuig with first career walk off.
BowDowntoWashington
90sBear;842144647 said:

Dodgers and Giants suck, get over it. New ownership throwing millions at overrated talent, newer stadium with fair weather fans, and barely playing .500 ball. Pathetic.

The Dodgers are 26-6 in their last 32 games and have the best record in the national league since Puig's call up. This also coincides with Hanley Ramirez returning, Zack Greinke being healthy, Carl Crawford returning, etc.

The Dodgers are healthy. The way the Dodgers are playing shouldn't come as much of a surprise to any who even casually follows baseball.

The Dodgers get pretty awesome attendance for a team that is barely above .500.

I don't think the ownership group is too upset about the millions that they are paying Hanley Ramirez, Greinke, Ryu, Puig, etc

I was at the Giants game today (up in the Bay Area for business). Pretty terrible atmosphere. Lots of shots of San Francisco on the scoreboard. The focus doesn't seem to be on baseball. Most of the crowd cheers on routine fly balls.

The guy with the panda hat that I was sitting next to told me that Jeff Francoeur was young prospect from the Giants minor league system :rollinglaugh:
sycasey
BowDowntoWashington;842144666 said:

I was at the Giants game today (up in the Bay Area for business). Pretty terrible atmosphere. Lots of shots of San Francisco on the scoreboard. The focus doesn't seem to be on baseball. Most of the crowd cheers on routine fly balls.

I can't imagine why the atmosphere would be bad while the team is playing like crap and being swept by the Cubs.

I have been to other stadiums -- in most of them people cheer on routine fly balls, because when you are watching the game live it's not clear off the crack of the bat whether or not a fly ball to the outfield will be caught.
goldenbear2005
90sBear;842144734 said:

ATT park is Yuppyville. Beautiful yard, maybe the best, but as a non-Giants fan, I'm always annoyed going there being surrounded by lame Giants fans.

Agreed. Yuppyville central.
GinFizzBear
goldenbear2005;842144761 said:

Agreed. Yuppyville central.

You got to hand it to A's fans. You got dude in Cespedes jerseys waving a flag and banging on drums at his team. He is OK with the Coliseum being a dump and the scoreboards not having all of their light bulbs in place. Underattended and underappreciated team.
1979bear
The Giants' season ended over the weekend. The Dodgers had their best series of the year, because it was against a very good team--not one in the NL West. There may be no World Series for LA, but the division is theirs. Cal Football can't start too soon.
GinFizzBear
90sBear;842144647 said:

Dodgers and Giants suck, get over it. New ownership throwing millions at overrated talent, newer stadium with fair weather fans, and barely playing .500 ball. Pathetic.

Who is overrated?
SchadenBear
Quote:

The A's have had their share of unlikely wins the past week, but Sunday's stood out. Jarrod Parker had his worst start since late April and Oakland's recently challenged offense had to fight back not once, but twice.

And fight the A's did, led by the man Oakland most needs to get hot, Yoenis Cspedes. He drove in four runs and the A's scored in double-digits for the first time in three weeks, downing the Angels 10-6 and taking a six-game lead in the AL West. The last time Oakland had a lead of six or more games before the end of July was in 1988.

Quote:

"I didn't for one minute think down 5-0 that we're not going to come back and do something," A's manager Bob Melvin said. "It's tough to come back from a five-run lead, but these guys are pretty relentless."

"We had to battle, and we made it happen," said second baseman Eric Sogard, who also had three hits, drove in two and scored two.

Oakland is a season-high 19 games over .500 after taking three of four from the Angels.

The A's also have the best home record in the AL.
SchadenBear

Hey Ha.
TheSouseFamily
SchadenBear;842145249 said:

Hey Ha.

And The Beard is a Dodger? I think that gives both Dodger and Giants fans a slight hint of the taste of vomit in our mouths.
NYCGOBEARS
TheSouseFamily;842145499 said:

And The Beard is a Dodger? I think that gives both Dodger and Giants fans a slight hint of the taste of vomit in our mouths.

I couldn't have said it better.
ColoradoBear

So is the beard shaving his beard, or are the giants shaving theirs?
2ndTrumpetBear
YuSeeBerkeley
NYCGOBEARS;842145501 said:

I couldn't have said it better.

I'm not just saying this since he's now playing for the good guys, but I never really minded Wilson. I thought his appearances on Jim Rome's tv show were pretty epic.
sycasey

Yeah, this is going to be weird.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842145548 said:

Yeah, this is going to be weird.

Not weirder than this:

I actually saw Wilson working out at a local park here in Honolulu (Kahala to be exact) about 3 weeks ago. My son had a little league game at an adjacent field and he was using a bigger diamond to work on stuff. Dude was huge and looked good. He had his trademark beard.
LethalFang
SchadenBear;842145249 said:

Hey Ha.

Due to the curvature of Earth, you can't see the Giants at the White House no matter how good your binoculars are.
foggybear
sycasey;842144736 said:

I can't imagine why the atmosphere would be bad while the team is playing like crap and being swept by the Cubs.

I have been to other stadiums -- in most of them people cheer on routine fly balls, because when you are watching the game live it's not clear off the crack of the bat whether or not a fly ball to the outfield will be caught.

Hard to blame the fans in the seats for that. (I still get 'deeked' if I fail to watch the defensive player's reaction.) What I find amusing is a home crowd that boos whenever the visitors issue an intentional walk, even when the situation is screaming for it. Giants fans as a group are generally knowledgeable and engaged, but they seem particularly susceptible, probably a Barry Bonds-era holdover. Some (NOT ALL) intentional walks issued to Bonds defied normal NL strategy, yet even today a climate has set in at AT&T where all IW's are met with incredulity and outrage. I wonder if I am I alone in this observation.
sycasey
foggybear;842145594 said:

Hard to blame the fans in the seats for that. (I still get 'deeked' if I fail to watch the defensive player's reaction.) What I find amusing is a home crowd that boos whenever the visitors issue an intentional walk, even when the situation is screaming for it. Giants fans as a group are generally knowledgeable and engaged, but they seem particularly susceptible, probably a Barry Bonds-era holdover. Some (NOT ALL) intentional walks issued to Bonds defied normal NL strategy, yet even today a climate has set in at AT&T where all IW's are met with incredulity and outrage. I wonder if I am I alone in this observation.

I'm not sure. You definitely hear boos in other parks for intentional walks too (especially if it's being done to a star player, which it usually is). Not sure if they are really louder in S.F. than in other places, and that would be hard to measure anyway. I could see the Bonds-era holdover making the Giants fans more ornery towards intentional walks.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;842145564 said:

Not weirder than this:

Heh! Yeah, can't argue with that. We've just had time to get used to it.
NYCGOBEARS

Not weirder than this:

I actually saw Wilson working out at a local park here in Honolulu (Kahala to be exact) about 3 weeks ago. My son had a little league game at an adjacent field and he was using a bigger diamond to work on stuff. Dude was huge and looked good. He had his trademark beard.

Nothing's weirder than the fact that Juan Marichal ended his career wearing Dodger blue.
Cal_Fan2
NYCGOBEARS;842145620 said:

Nothing's weirder than the fact that Juan Marichal ended his career wearing Dodger blue.

Very weird though if I remember right, he only played like 1 or 2 games and then retired.....
high calibear

Not weirder than this:

this one was pretty weird too...
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.