Hey Dodgers Fans

983,192 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
rathokan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
now you can add banana chucking to the resume... thank god frank mccourt is back to running what he knows (parking lots).
CALiforniALUM
900th post of the thread...see you at 1800.
NYCGOBEARS
Kruk and Kuip telling Vin Scully stories and Kuiper doing a hilarious imitation of the great Scully during the Giants v Marlins telecast. Classic. As you all know, I hate the Doyers but respect and love Scully. Kuip said that Scully loves The Giants. The Dodgers gig is just a job. Lol. Classic!
GB54
Was at the park today watching the Gigantes take a knee in the presence of an awesome power. About half the crowd was from San Francisco so pretty good turnout. Barry Zito was confused and thought he was pitching in a slow pitch softball game.
KoreAmBear
GB54;842156647 said:

Was at the park today watching the Gigantes take a knee in the presence of an awesome power. About half the crowd was from San Francisco so pretty good turnout. Barry Zito was confused and thought he was pitching in a slow pitch softball game.

A Doyer-Sox series would be terrific.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842156652 said:

Not for me it wouldn't.
Big C
Really tired of seeing this thread hanging around, for two reasons:

1. I'm a Giants fan and have hated the Dodgers for some 12 yrs before I even hated Stanfurd and, yes, it sucks seeing those bastards on a roll. But you know what? We've won 2 of the last 3 World Series, so I'm good. Wish Cal had been doing anywhere near as well.

2. ESPECIALLY given the baseball standings, but mainly because it's time for California Football!

Mods, move this thread!
GB54
KoreAmBear;842156652 said:

This weekend actually but not the real one
NYCGOBEARS
Big C_Cal;842156656 said:

1. I'm a Giants fan and have hated the Dodgers for some 12 yrs before I even hated Stanfurd and, yes, it sucks seeing those bastards on a roll. But you know what? We've won 2 of the last 3 World Series, so I'm good. Wish Cal had been doing anywhere near as well.

2. ESPECIALLY given the baseball standings, but mainly because it's time for California Football!

Mods, move this thread!

I'm a HUGE Giants fan but I was raised to take it as well as I dish it. My Gigantes are stinking it up right now and the Doyers are on an historic roll. So what? We got 2 of 3 and the rivalry just becomes that much more dramatic again with the resurgent Bums. It'll come back round again Giants fans. Take heart.
KoreAmBear
Big C_Cal;842156656 said:

Mods, move this thread!

Dodger fans were dreading this thread in 2012. But now, we're really enjoying it! Keep bumping it up everyone. Sorry @NYCGOBEARS! It's our turn for some fun.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842156669 said:

Dodger fans were dreading this thread in 2012. But now, we're really enjoying it! Keep bumping it up everyone. Sorry @NYCGOBEARS! It's our turn for some fun.

Thanks KAB. Win some, lose some. The rivalry keeps rollin baby...
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842156671 said:

Now I just wish Cal would have it's day. That does not seem to come around. We haven't had one since January 1959. And that wasn't a winner either. Ugh.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842156672 said:

Now I just wish Cal would have it's day. That does not seem to come around. We haven't had one since January 1959. And that wasn't a winner either. Ugh.

As a Giants fan I know better than to give up hope. I'll never quit believing in Cal. We're gonna be there soon. I feel it!

Where'd I put my Long Island Iced Tea???
510Bear
NYCGOBEARS;842156671 said:

Exactly. I don't mind what's currently going down. It's good for the rivalry, this boost in Dodger fan interest that's going to come from their great regular season followed by a first-round playoff crash.
KoreAmBear
510Bear;842156681 said:

Exactly. I don't mind what's currently going down. It's good for the rivalry, this boost in Dodger fan interest that's going to come from their great regular season followed by a first-round playoff crash.

Don't confuse us with the A's.
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842156676 said:

As a Giants fan I know better than to give up hope. I'll never quit believing in Cal. We're gonna be there soon. I feel it!

Where'd I put my Long Island Iced Tea???

Our last DAY was in 1938. It was 9 years before Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in baseball. You depressed yet?
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842156694 said:

Don't confuse us with the A's.

Oh, we know the difference. The A's have won many more World Series than the Dodgers.
Big C
KoreAmBear;842156669 said:

Being a Cal fan halfway exonerates somebody from being a Dodger fan. Hell, if I had grown up in LA, I might be a Dodger fan, too. But here's the problem: Do I really want/need to know that a Cal fan whom I have sorta loved and respected, anonymously and in a manly sort of way, likes the goddam freaking Dodgers? No! Ignorance is bliss, in this case. It's the epitome of "TMI".

Mods, move this thread, before I find out somebody ELSE is a &*^%$#@ Dodger fan!
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842156698 said:

Our last DAY was in 1938. It was 9 years before Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in baseball. You depressed yet?

Nope. I found my iced tea.
NYCGOBEARS
Big C_Cal;842156701 said:

Being a Cal fan halfway exonerates somebody from being a Dodger fan. Hell, if I had grown up in LA, I might be a Dodger fan, too. But here's the problem: Do I really want/need to know that a Cal fan whom I have sorta loved and respected, anonymously and in a manly sort of way, likes the goddam freaking Dodgers? No! Ignorance is bliss, in this case. It's the epitome of "TMI".

Mods, move this thread, before I find out somebody ELSE is a &*^%$#@ Dodger fan!

Relax bro. I hear bowling releases stress.
KoreAmBear
Big C_Cal;842156701 said:

Please accept.

NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842156709 said:

Please accept.

Hahaha! Ok. That was good.
TheSouseFamily
NYCGOBEARS;842156663 said:

I'm a HUGE Giants fan but I was raised to take it as well as I dish it. My Gigantes are stinking it up right now and the Doyers are on an historic roll. So what? We got 2 of 3 and the rivalry just becomes that much more dramatic again with the resurgent Bums. It'll come back round again Giants fans. Take heart.

As easy as it is to poke fun at the other guy, I'd much rather that both teams were good. The rivalry would be that much sweeter if we were both playing games of significance down the stretch, especially against each other. Come to think of it, I wish Cal and Furd were that way too instead of seemingly always being on opposite cycles. As a Dukie by virtue of grad school. I've loved watching Duke-Carolina games when both teams are in the top 10. Hopefully Sonny and company can put in position to battle it out with Furd with a Pac-12 North title on the line. The only game I can remember where Cal was top 10 and playing against another top 10 team was 2004 against USC but I may be wrong. Regardless, that game, despite the loss, and the build up to it was epic. Lets change that, Sonny.
NYCGOBEARS
TheSouseFamily;842156712 said:

As easy as it is to poke fun at the other guy, I'd much rather that both teams were good. The rivalry would be that much sweeter if we were both playing games of significance down the stretch, especially against each other. Come to think of it, I wish Cal and Furd were that way too instead of seemingly always being on opposite cycles. As a Dukie by virtue of grad school. I've loved watching Duke-Carolina games when both teams are in the top 10. Hopefully Sonny and company can put in position to battle it out with Furd with a Pac-12 North title on the line. The only game I can remember where Cal was top 10 and playing against another top 10 team was 2004 against USC but I may be wrong. Regardless, that game, despite the loss, and the build up to it was epic. Lets change that, Sonny.

Did you just hijack this thread and segue to a Cal Football topic? Crafty. Well done.
KoreAmBear
TheSouseFamily;842156712 said:

The 2004 game v. $C (as well as the 2004 season), was eerily similar to the 1991 game v. UW (as well as the 1991 season). Both Cal squads were Rose Bowl worthy. Both games were against two of the all-time college teams in history. Why they had to be so good when Cal was good, I can't explain. Contrast that with Furd, which goes to the Rose Bowl after the 1999 season, even though they gave up almost 70 to Texas, and I believe lost to San Jose State that year. It just isn't fair. Waaah!!!!
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842156718 said:

The 2004 game v. $C (as well as the 2004 season), was eerily similar to the 1991 game v. UW (as well as the 1991 season). Both Cal squads were Rose Bowl worthy. Both games were against two of the all-time college seasons going on during those respective years. Why they had to be so good when Cal was good, I can't explain. Contrast that with Furd, which goes to the Rose Bowl after the 1999 season, even though they gave up almost 70 to Texas, and I believe lost to San Jose State that year. It just isn't fair. Waaah!!!!

Unlike Furdies, evidently more is expected of us. Those coddled wussies. Go Bears!
piemelon
i see Vin at the dry cleaners every couple of weeks. Great guy.
NYCGOBEARS
piemelon;842156721 said:

+1. All class.
TheSouseFamily
NYCGOBEARS;842156717 said:

Did you just hijack this thread and segue to a Cal Football topic? Crafty. Well done.

That is totally my bad. Too many long islands tonight watching the Dodgers breeze through another victory to extend their lead to 18 games made me a bit wispy.
NYCGOBEARS
TheSouseFamily;842156732 said:

That is totally my bad. Too many long islands tonight watching the Dodgers breeze through another victory to extend their lead to 18 games made me a bit wispy.

Is your Orel Hershiser 8 x 11 in hand?
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842156711 said:

Hahaha! Ok. That was good.

I never liked him until I saw him in the captain's outfit on the George Lopez show.

NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842156734 said:

I never liked him until I saw him in the captain's outfit on the George Lopez show.

"The Machine" bit is brilliant.
TheSouseFamily
piemelon;842156721 said:

Thats awesome. If you can somehow get me one of Vin's brown or green suits, I'd be forever grateful. One of the many great things about Vin is that his hair is newer than his clothes.
TheSouseFamily
NYCGOBEARS;842156733 said:

Is your Orel Hershiser 8 x 11 in hand?

Not the Bulldog but I've had a 8 1/2 x 11 of Steve Garvey in my pocket for about 30 years.
NYCGOBEARS
TheSouseFamily;842156738 said:

Not the Bulldog but I've had a 8 1/2 x 11 of Steve Garvey in my pocket for about 30 years.

Damn! That was gonna be my first guess but then I changed it.
First Page Last Page
Page 26 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.