Have all your questions about the new site been answered?

4,751 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HungryCalBear
Calfans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Please list them here.
Cal-i-for-nia. (Clap, Clap)(Clap, Clap, Clap)

SRBear
Ability to mark all posts read? Have not seen response to this question and admit I may have missed it.
ddc_Cal
I access the site on a desktop. When there is a post with a picture or video, the text(s) expand beyond the side margins. I have to scroll back and forth to read them.

Minor annoyance, but can it be taken care of?

Thanks,
PHBear
How about arrowing over the thread title so we can see the first line of the post
Sebastabear
I haven't seen what (if anything) can be done about making the avatars appear without clicking the name. If the answer is "not possible" I'll accept it (sadly).
LACalFan
Is it possible to add a color option?
dinubaBear
Is there a chat feature?
Sebastabear
nvm
FuzzyWuzzy
This website regularly seizes up on me, while others don't. In Chrome, I wait and wait and wait and finally get a message that says something like this website is not responding, kill or wait? I choose kill and reload and it comes back up. Then 10 minutes later, the same problem.

I have the same problem in Safari but not the same error message obviously. Just the twirling beach ball.

I do not have this problem with any other website. I have a fast internet connection.
50+BigGames
+1
GoBears635
Oski87 asked about the ability of moving from thread to thread within a forum without having to reload the index. It was a very useful feature on the old BI that I am interested in as well. However, I haven't seen it addressed (or even acknowledged) by staff.
Calfans
SRBear said:

Ability to mark all posts read? Have not seen response to this question and admit I may have missed it.
When you are on the Forum Index, you will see squares on the right. If there are two squares, the first one tells you how many new posts there are. If there is only one box, that is the number of replies to the original post

Calfans
ddc_Cal said:

I access the site on a desktop. When there is a post with a picture or video, the text(s) expand beyond the side margins. I have to scroll back and forth to read them.

Minor annoyance, but can it be taken care of?

Thanks,
I will check with the techies.

Calfans
PHBear said:

How about arrowing over the thread title so we can see the first line of the post
I don't believe we want this, especially for posts on the Premium board

Calfans
Sebastabear said:

I haven't seen what (if anything) can be done about making the avatars appear without clicking the name. If the answer is "not possible" I'll accept it (sadly).
I believe it's on our Wish List

Calfans
LACalFan said:

Is it possible to add a color option?
I will put it on our Wish List

Calfans
dinubaBear said:

Is there a chat feature?
We hope to have chat soon!

SRBear
Not really what I was asking....on previous board we had two options...."Mark Forum Read" and "Mark All Forums Read". After I've browsed through a forum and read the threads I have interest in, I'd like to be able to clear all the dark gray boxes and green lines of threads I really have no interest in. That way, it's much easier to browse the threads the next time I return to the board and i.d. the ones with new posts I may be interested in reading.
Calfans
FuzzyWuzzy said:

This website regularly seizes up on me, while others don't. In Chrome, I wait and wait and wait and finally get a message that says something like this website is not responding, kill or wait? I choose kill and reload and it comes back up. Then 10 minutes later, the same problem.

I have the same problem in Safari but not the same error message obviously. Just the twirling beach ball.

I do not have this problem with any other website. I have a fast internet connection.
I will forward this to the techies.

Calfans
GoBears635 said:

Oski87 asked about the ability of moving from thread to thread within a forum without having to reload the index. It was a very useful feature on the old BI that I am interested in as well. However, I haven't seen it addressed (or even acknowledged) by staff.
We have discussed this internally.

I miss the feature, too!

MoragaBear
Staff
Sebastabear said:

Right now, the avatars can only be displayed by clicking on the usernames.

Not sure if we're going to be able to change that but the site is still developing.
Calfans
SRBear said:

Not really what I was asking....on previous board we had two options...."Mark Forum Read" and "Mark All Forums Read". After I've browsed through a forum and read the threads I have interest in, I'd like to be able to clear all the dark gray boxes and green lines of threads I really have no interest in. That way, it's much easier to browse the threads the next time I return to the board and i.d. the ones with new posts I may be interested in reading.
I will ask the techies about this.

ANOLBLU
I've been disappointed at the lack of color in the new format. It's pretty boring when compared to other fan site..
59bear
+1
59bear
I find it awkward to move from thread to thread. In the "old" system, I used the back arrow a lot to move back to the main list but that doesn't seem to work here (I use Firefox on a Mac desktop). Also, I liked the hybrid view option.
Cal89
I've asked elsewhere, but are we able to access data stored from the old site here, namely our PMs, photos and our signature? Those seem to not have been carried-over...

From the Football Growls forum page one can see all of the threads of course, and who started each, this one by "Calfans". On the old forum one could also tell from this page who was the most recent poster in that discussion. That seems to exist here, but requires a mouse-over the last post time (so many minutes ago). I think it would be nice if the most recent poster was displayed for each thread.

Can we still subscribe to threads to get email alerts of new posts? I do like the Watch Topic very much, but find that there are certain threads that I'd also like to receive email alerts...

Overall, I really like the move to this forum. Thank you.
Sig test...
Rushinbear
Calfans said:

Please list them here.
How to default Growls as site opening page?

Also, hovering over symbols doesn't show what they mean.
oski003
I am not sure how to automatically go to the last post read on a topic on mobile. The old site automatically did that. Navigating on pc is okay but mobile can be tough.
BearDevil
Cal89 said:

I've asked elsewhere, but are we able to access data stored from the old site here, namely our PMs.

Same request on saved PMs. Had some saved from the prior transition from Scout that were lost in this transition.

Also is there any way to restore the ability to send the same PM to multiple users? Thanks .
heartofthebear
2 questions:
1) How do you respond to a post with quote.
2) How do you change your password.

I apologize in advance if these questions have been addressed.
I am very busy right now and do not have time to sort through the web posts to find those answers.
Sebastabear
MoragaBear said:

Sebastabear said:

Right now, the avatars can only be displayed by clicking on the usernames.

Not sure if we're going to be able to change that but the site is still developing.
Thanks to you and Calfans for the response. To make (one last) pitch for this, if it is possible to have these avatars auto load that would be great. I didn't realize how much I relied on these until they went away. Was a great way to scan a page and identify which posts to read - and which to avoid. Plus some of them always made me smile.
RayofLight
So "S" is for Staff. What are the other letters I am seeing after people's names? So far I've seen "P", "R," and "L," along with a couple others I'm sure to have forgotten.
Cal89
Agreed (avatar / Sebastabear). To the same point, knowing who just posted in a thread, can help toward that end. Clearly, at least a few of us place additional value on the insight of specific site contributors. For me, it's MB and a handful or two of others...

How about a status light here, indicating if one is online or otherwise? We had that before of course...
Sig test...
tedbear
The ability to message multiple people at one time, and to restore old messages that were lost with the change to the new format.
Rushinbear
Calfans said:

Please list them here.
links to films and 40 times from recruit profiles.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.