Missed out on Joe Roth Jersey - Anyone selling?

2,864 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SonomanA1
tluv
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was a couple days too late on snagging a Joe Roth premier jersey. If anyone has an extra XL, I'd love to buy it!

http://shop.calbears.com/COLLEGE_Cal_Bears/Mens_Under_Armour_Joe_Roth_Royal_Cal_Bears_2017_Special_Event_Premier_Jersey
75bear
tluv said:

Was a couple days too late on snagging a Joe Roth premier jersey. If anyone has an extra XL, I'd love to buy it!

http://shop.calbears.com/COLLEGE_Cal_Bears/Mens_Under_Armour_Joe_Roth_Royal_Cal_Bears_2017_Special_Event_Premier_Jersey

The Replica jerseys are still available.
CannonBlast
Do you guys know what the difference is b/w the two? The couldn't tell from the photos.
MoragaBear
Staff
CannonBlast said:

Do you guys know what the difference is b/w the two? The couldn't tell from the photos.
Looks like the difference is pretty minor:

• Material: 100% Polyester
  • Embroidered tackle twill letters & numbers

vs. Replica

• Material: 100% Nylon

CaliforniaEternal
I went to the student store today to look for the Roth jersey. The store in the student union didn't have any. The student store across the street on Bancroft had 8 or so of the premier jerseys, and 6 of these were size 3XL. There were none of the slightly cheaper "replica" versions in sight. I asked and there are no plans to restock them. Great job of inventory management when the game is still several days away and people are willing to fork over some serious cash for these
Olee Berkeley-eye
CaliforniaEternal said:

I asked and there are no plans to restock them. Great job of inventory management when the game is still several days away and people are willing to fork over some serious cash for these
Wow. I was sure they would restock because that jersey is so popular and they'd sell a boatload. I thought they might even perpetually sell it, or at least sell it every year for the Joe Roth game. Guess I thought wrong. Or maybe they're keeping supply low to keep demand high in the future.

I thought about buying the UA version but didn't. I still have two Roth jerseys by Nike when they made them in the mid-2000s, so I'm not kicking myself.
75bear
The craziest thing is I bought a Joe Roth replica jersey on the UA website, and now the updated shipping info says it's not arriving until next week, after the game.

If UA is designing a uniform for 1 specific game, why do they release them so close to the actual game that nobody will receive it until afterwards? It makes no sense.

Major props to the UA design team. Major poops to the UA customer service.
MoragaBear
Staff
Every time I look for something I like on the Cal website, it's never in a large. It's usually in XX or XXX.

If they're popular enough to sell that many, why not restock it and sell more? It's ridiculous. It's like they're afraid of getting stuck with unsold inventory but if it's popular, it will sell, especially in standard sizes.

I don't even know why I bother looking most of the time.
SRBear
Easy answer....eat more Top Dog!
MoragaBear
Staff
Ha, I refuse to grow into a triple x in order to buy Cal gear but I'm always up for a couple extra smoked brats at Top Dog.

I know this is sacrilegious, though, but as much as I'm a Top Dog fanatic, the 1/2 lb Say Hey Sausage Kielbasa with grilled onions and peppers I had at the Giants game last night (as usual) is the best dog in the world. It's not just massive, it's amazing. And I think anyone that loves a good dog that's not being totally sentimentally biased would agree.
Olee Berkeley-eye
75bear said:

The craziest thing is I bought a Joe Roth replica jersey on the UA website, and now the updated shipping info says it's not arriving until next week, after the game.
Hey, dude. I just went to the UA website after reading your post.

Did you realize that the "Joe Roth" jersey you purchased, as displayed on the UnderArmour website, has the number 17 (as opposed to Roth's #12)?

If it indeed comes with number 17, then I guess it's more of a 1975 throwback rather than a Joe Roth, strictly speaking. Wouldn't matter to me, as I love mid-'70s Cal jersey, Joe Roth or not. I can't wait till they make a Chuck Muncie jersey.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-cal-bears-replica-jersey-ships-9-20-17/pid1324494-400
CALiforniALUM
MoragaBear said:

Ha, I refuse to grow into a triple x in order to buy Cal gear but I'm always up for a couple extra smoked brats at Top Dog.

I know this is sacrilegious, though, but as much as I'm a Top Dog fanatic, the 1/2 lb Say Hey Sausage Kielbasa with grilled onions and peppers I had at the Giants game last night (as usual) is the best dog in the world. It's not just massive, it's amazing. And I think anyone that loves a good dog that's not being totally sentimentally biased would agree.

Unless you are a card carrying Dodger fan. By the Moraga, where are you with your baseball venue visits? What is missing still?
75bear
Olee Berkeley-eye said:

75bear said:

Hey, dude. I just went to the UA website after reading your post.

Did you realize that the "Joe Roth" jersey you purchased, as displayed on the UnderArmour website, has the number 17 (as opposed to Roth's #12)?

If it indeed comes with number 17, then I guess it's more of a 1975 throwback rather than a Joe Roth, strictly speaking. Wouldn't matter to me, as I love mid-'70s Cal jersey, Joe Roth or not. I can't wait till they make a Chuck Muncie jersey.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-cal-bears-replica-jersey-ships-9-20-17/pid1324494-400

Yeah - I saw it was number 17 when I ordered it. I thought of it more like a throwback jersey as well rather than a Joe Roth specific jersey - I'm ok with that, it still represents the era of Joe Roth and Cal.

I hope others are able to figure out how to get one before Saturday.
TheFiatLux
tluv said:

I was wearing my new throwback polo yesterday on campus... as i was walking to class a fellow undergrad passed me and said "that shirt is dope!"

That was after this guy told me he liked it.

MoragaBear
Staff
CALiforniALUM said:

MoragaBear said:

Unless you are a card carrying Dodger fan. By the Moraga, where are you with your baseball venue visits? What is missing still?
I hit my 40th and final ballpark on the UT road trip a couple years ago til Atlanta built a new stadium this year so I hit #41 on the UNC trip.

Done till a new one's built then I'm on the road again for sure.
CaliforniaEternal
The other weird thing is that seemingly overnight, the number for the standard jerseys available on the Cal online store changed from 1 to 17. I swear yesterday when I was looking at all the jerseys #1 was the only available option for all three colors. Now, #17 is available for the blue and alternate gold jerseys, but #1 is still the choice for the white jersey. With all due respect to Vic Wharton and Luke Rubenzer, I'm not sure how they've decided on #17.
run2win
joeroth12.com
X: @calgridiron
Facebook: California Gridiron
SonomanA1
I just received my jersey from UA today. It is late, but at least it is #12 not #17. I can always wear at future Joe Roth games. Joe Roth was QB when I was at Cal.

Go Bears!
btsktr
SonomanA1 said:

I just received my jersey from UA today. It is late, but at least it is #12 not #17. I can always wear at future Joe Roth games. Joe Roth was QB when I was at Cal.

Go Bears!
Did you buy the replica or premier jersey? I ordered the premier jersey and I received #17.
SonomanA1
I got the replica. I did not see the other one on their website.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.