UW vs Colorado

1,771 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by calgldnbear
cubzwin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Neither team has had to play anybody of note so far. Both teams have lost a significant number of starters. Lots of different teams not named Oregon State have a chance to win the Pac 12 North right now. This game could be a preview of who wins the division. I think UW will win because of their great D line but Colorado has the potential to score points in bunches. It will also be interesting to see how the Buffs try to negate the KO return potential of Dante Pettis. Squib kicks would be my guess We can see how that works.
travelingbears
But Colorado is in the south division and UW is in the north division... how would this game be key to who wins the division (and which division, for that matter)?
cubzwin
I screwed up. I though Colorado was in the North. It is still relevant as a test of UW since they are getting their first power 5 test.
Cal89
UW beat them by 31 in Seattle last year... I'm thinking UW again, but maybe two TDs max.

That said, I won't be surprised if the Buffs are very competitive or even win.
Sig test...
GMP
Cal89 said:

UW beat them by 31 in Seattle last year... I'm thinking UW again, but maybe two TDs max.

No, they beat them by 31 in Santa Clara.
59bear
cubzwin said:

Neither team has had to play anybody of note so far. Both teams have lost a significant number of starters. Lots of different teams not named Oregon State have a chance to win the Pac 12 North right now. This game could be a preview of who wins the division. I think UW will win because of their great D line but Colorado has the potential to score points in bunches. It will also be interesting to see how the Buffs try to negate the KO return potential of Dante Pettis. Squib kicks would be my guess We can see how that works.
UW's biggest questions so far are: 1) whether the OL can open holes for the RBs on a consistent basis as it was expected to do; 2) if they can come up with a couple of WRs to complement Pettis. In both situations, the talent appears to be there but not the results. IMO, UW will show they've been snoozing through the uninspiring non-conference opposition and will get serious against the Buffs and win handily. BTW, Pettis returns punts, not KOs.
Cal89
GMP said:

Cal89 said:

No, they beat them by 31 in Santa Clara.
Indeed, my mistake.
Sig test...
Beardog26
Dante Pettis broke DeSean Jackson's conference record for punt returns, not kick returns. Though they may curtail punt return TDs, squib punts are not likely to be real effective in the grand scheme. Punting the ball out of bounds would likely be a better choice.
Big C
I'm expecting Dogs to roll, Buffs to get rolled.
kingpindonuts
Curb stomping by uw.
calgldnbear
Beardog26 said:

Dante Pettis broke DeSean Jackson's conference record for punt returns, not kick returns. Though they may curtail punt return TDs, squib punts are not likely to be real effective in the grand scheme. Punting the ball out of bounds would likely be a better choice.

Coffin Corner ... (Ray Guy)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.