Cheapest Cal Usc Ticket $53.99. Niners $18.09

2,160 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 510 Bear
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whens the last time that happened. If course parking is probably $50.
Go Bears!
BearlyCareAnymore
oskidunker said:

There are four football teams in the area and the 49ers rank fourth in quality of team (when will they hit the amazing milestone of scoring a touchdown?) and quality of stadium (how do you build a worse stadium than Oakland?)
C6Bear
OaktownBear said:

oskidunker said:

There are four football teams in the area and the 49ers rank fourth in quality of team (when will they hit the amazing milestone of scoring a touchdown?) and quality of stadium (how do you build a worse stadium than Oakland?)
The demand coming from $C is keeping the price up. Not necessarily a good thing except for the Cal season ticket holders bailing on the game.

There's nothing wrong with Levi's stadium. The problem is where it's located.
tim94501
C6Bear said:

OaktownBear said:

oskidunker said:

The demand coming from $C is keeping the price up. Not necessarily a good thing except for the Cal season ticket holders bailing on the game.

Have you been to a day game? It's insanely hot and you have the reflection of the luxury boxes doubling down on the heat. Levi's was insanely poorly thought out.
SRBear
Well, he did say it was location. You could say it was poorly located or designed poorly for its location.
tommie317
If niners can't beat Rams this week then they could be looking at a 0-16 season
okaydo
oskidunker said:

Why are the 49ers tickets so expensive?
BAyers3
okaydo said:

oskidunker said:

Why are the 49ers tickets so expensive?
They need to pay for Goodell's extension.
okaydo
5:25 pm kickoff tonight in Santa Clara. I'm expecting a full house.
travelingbears
Okaydo -
Love a Full House. Are you saying the Tanner family, along with Uncle Jesse and Uncle Joey, will be there? Just Michelle(s) alone would help fill up the stadium.
burritos
C6Bear said:

OaktownBear said:

oskidunker said:

BearlyCareAnymore
tommie317 said:

The 49ers marketing campaign should be "come watch the 49ers drive to the number one draft pick"

Seriously, wins are not their friend this year. A top QB might help them accelerate a turnaround
OldenBear
okaydo said:

5:25 pm kickoff tonight in Santa Clara. I'm expecting a full house.
I'm expecting one helluva commute home to my Santa Clara home ......
Grigsby
Pricey for a Cal Ticket. Seems Cal needs to prioritize filling the stadium first then worry about bumping prices
philbert
OaktownBear said:

tommie317 said:

The 49ers marketing campaign should be "come watch the 49ers drive to the number one draft pick"

Seriously, wins are not their friend this year. A top QB might help them accelerate a turnaround
Suck for Sam?
Golden One
No way will it be a full house. I don't expect more tha 55,000 butts in the seats.
B.A. Bearacus
C6Bear
tim94501 said:

C6Bear said:

OaktownBear said:

oskidunker said:

Have you been to a day game? It's insanely hot and you have the reflection of the luxury boxes doubling down on the heat. Levi's was insanely poorly thought out.
OaktownBear seems to have been implying that Levi's is comparable to the obsolete, outdated wreck that is the Coliseum. If you bothered to read what I said, it's the location and not the "quality" of the building that is the problem. Put Levi's out in Candlestick Point or anywhere in SF and your heat problem goes away. The big mistake the 49ers ownership made was taking a design that was originally meant for SF and then trying to put it in Santa Clara without any changes to the design.
Yogi58
tommie317 said:

Well, they get two shots at them. Personally, I'm rooting for 0-16 and a shot at a good QB.
ColoradoBear
I curious about how things are working out for whomever bought 22 tickets in section 418 row 18 (yep has to be a broker). Selling for $26 each.

$2k each for the seat license and $850 each each season ($85 per game).
ColoradoBear
Obviously it's way too late, but I wonder if Levi's would have been OK if they just made it a mirror image so that the boxes were on the east side and the west side was the regular stands. lots more shade, plus boxes have A/C anyways. Downside is looking into the sun.

The crazy thing is I kinda like the weather in the South Bay. A little warmer and drier than SF.
Cal88
The hot weather is only a factor early in the season for day games.

I'll be rooting for Goff tonight, Rams all the way! Still no Old Blues on the niner roster...

Kind of uncanny how the 9ers have usually sucked when we were good, and vice versa.

For the 9ers and the draft, there isn't much separation between Darnold, Rosen and Browning, all three could get drafted in the first round if they all come out. And if they do, we're looking pretty good next year with Bowers...

Has the Pac, or any other conference for that matter, ever had 3 QBs drafted in the first round before?
510 Bear
ColoradoBear said:

Obviously it's way too late, but I wonder if Levi's would have been OK if they just made it a mirror image so that the boxes were on the east side and the west side was the regular stands. lots more shade, plus boxes have A/C anyways. Downside is looking into the sun.
Which is why it would never have been built that way.

Levi's design seems to reveal a surprising amount of laziness, as in a "build it and they will come" mentality. FAIL.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.