possible ramifications of not playing WSU game...

1,747 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SRBear
Blueblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?

On one hand Cal doesn't lose
a game on the other Cal loses
money (might as well be playing
in the MWC?

If Cal doesn't play Wazzu this Friday, what happens?

Not playing Wazzu this Friday or making the game up the next day will surely hurt Washington State.
The Cougs are on a roll. They are ranked #8th right now in the AP and will fall in the polls if they are idle.
Leach knows that his team can cement a Top10 ranking by trashing Cal this Friday.

As for our Bears, well, as some of you have already mentioned Cal won't get any TV money or won't get any
national exposure, as the Pac-12 Commissioner believes, to the hordes of football fans in the East! I
also believe we Cal fans might get a better idea whether or not Cal might go bowling.

If Cal doesn't play this week, we can all watch the ucla-'zona game. If 'zona ekes out a win against the bruins, then we'll all know that Cal is going to be in big trouble against these two teams. The compelled bye won't
help Cal any as their key offensive players still won't be available. What I'm saying, from my vast experience, is that I've noticed that 'zona gradually improves as the season progresses. We'll see if this is what is
occurring down in Tucson.

oskidunker
I could care less if it hurts wsu if it means our players have to breath bad air and risk their health. Cal better do the right thing if the Chronicle is right.

Want to wait until an hour before the game? Fine. I dont care. Let wsu spend a ton to get here in anticipation of a big pay day . Then they go home and lose money.

If Cal decided to cancel now, it would save fans and wsu alot if money. If they wait, everybody will lose. Sometimes you have to make a decision that is uncomfortable. Its the right thing to do.

The handwriting is on the wall
bearister
Perhaps the lender will forclose on the renovation construction loan and the next event at CMS will be a flea market presided over by Dumpster Muffin, Julia Butterfly, and ZRW.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Bear8
Didn't see any announcement on calbears.com. It should be on there if there is to be a change of date or cancellation.
Seogju
Doesn't the tv money go into a pool, which is distributed evenly to all teams in the conference?

Also isn't the norm to reschedule the game, which would usually happen at the end of the season?
wifeisafurd
Seogju said:

Doesn't the tv money go into a pool, which is distributed evenly to all teams in the conference?

Also isn't the norm to reschedule the game, which would usually happen at the end of the season?
The standard where the game has to be cancelled due to weather such as hurricanes is a make-up at the end of the season. There have been a few occasions when the day was moved back, but that is more rare.
oskidunker
It can be our bowl game on December 9th
Blueblood
oskidunker said:

It can be our bowl game on December 9th
True...that is a very good way to look at the situation. But, I wonder how much motivation a beaten up Cal
football team will have at that time of the season, especially if stanfurd does its thing on the Bears and if Cal
has less than six wins......in other words, I think postponing the game to the end of the season wouldn't be a good thing for Cal.
SRBear
Sunday at Sac State?...easy detour for wsu...close to home. Sac does have homecoming on Sat. AQI looks ok.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.