Omari Harris decommited?

10,681 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by southseasbear
Klambear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Noticed he is no longer on the committ list. Didn't see or hear anything about it. Anyone know what happened?
bross
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/benrosssports
AlphaBear
Wonder if he is thinking I want to be just a RB?
tim94501
We haven't had a commitment in a while wonder if something good is coming soon.
GoCal1
I think he had a grades issue and never would have qualified.
71Bear
GoCal1 said:

Wow. I took 4 hours and 35 minutes for someone to mention grades. Generally, it doesn't take more than a couple hours for someone to toss academics into the conversation when a recruit decommits.

I know that grades are the "go to" anytime a kid decides to change his mind. However, it is nothing more than idle speculation.
MoragaBear
Staff
No it's not.

He's absolutely correct. It's been known for a long time.
bross
71Bear said:

GoCal1 said:

Wow. I took 4 hours and 35 minutes for someone to mention grades. Generally, it doesn't take more than a couple hours for someone to toss academics into the conversation when a recruit decommits.

I know that grades are the "go to" anytime a kid decides to change his mind. However, it is nothing more than idle speculation.
Not in this case.
NVBear78
It has been known that this was likely to happen due to academics for six months.
OdontoBear66
71Bear said:

GoCal1 said:

But then again a recruit can "reject" Cal not giving the possible true reason, and if a Cal fan suggests grades may be the issue, when in fact it is, the Cal fan is mean spirited. Seems it is the spirit of too many Cal fans that we get clown stomped and hold the high ground. If the young man did not have the grades, and chose to decommit, I see nothing wrong with the Cal base asserting same. No need to throw stones in doing so, but it is what it is.
mbBear
OdontoBear66 said:

71Bear said:

GoCal1 said:

But then again a recruit can "reject" Cal not giving the possible true reason, and if a Cal fan suggests grades may be the issue, when in fact it is, the Cal fan is mean spirited. Seems it is the spirit of too many Cal fans that we get clown stomped and hold the high ground. If the young man did not have the grades, and chose to decommit, I see nothing wrong with the Cal base asserting same. No need to throw stones in doing so, but it is what it is.
And if he is an even better prospect with an even higher interest in Cal, does Cal decide he is one of the few that can fall below that 3.0 line and be admitted/recruited anyway?
You wish him well, and Cal moves on to the next prospect...
burritos
MoragaBear said:

No it's not.

Should this be the purview of the board? Are we entitled to it? I kind of want to know the reason, but is this something the recruit would like everyone to know? Is knowing the truth better than the inevitable speculation that will emerge from the likes of CFB fans?
71Bear
burritos said:

MoragaBear said:

No it's not.

Should this be the purview of the board? Are we entitled to it? I kind of want to know the reason, but is this something the recruit would like everyone to know? Is knowing the truth better than the inevitable speculation that will emerge from the likes of CFB fans?
Fans will always speculate even if the kid details his reasoning. It is part of the conspiracy culture that exists in the US.

calgo430
i am concerned we have no running back recruits signed. this skill position needs upgrading,.
71Bear
calgo430 said:

i am concerned we have no running back recruits signed. this skill position needs upgrading,.
They are looking at that guy who participated in an Oakland Tech HS practice a couple weeks ago.
Yogi58
calgo430 said:

If we could somehow score an elite RB, that would really speed up the rebuild. Don't know if there's a guy out there uncommitted who fits the bill though.
Big C
Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

If we could somehow score an elite RB, that would really speed up the rebuild. Don't know if there's a guy out there uncommitted who fits the bill though.
Too bad we didn't get that other Harris from Antioch last year.
MoragaBear
Staff
Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

Kazmeir Allen. He'll break the CA TD record soon if he hasn't already and Cal's in a good spot with him.
Rbears
Big C said:

Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

I watched the Harris kid play, he's a stud. it's a shame he chose Alabama, but it is what it is
burritos
MoragaBear said:

Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

Kazmeir Allen. He'll break the CA TD record soon if he hasn't already and Cal's in a good spot with him.
What is the competition like in that league? His hudl highlights is like a 50yr+ td play after play.
Yogi58
I haven't seen running like that since this kid from Alabama back in the early 60's.

bross
burritos said:

MoragaBear said:

Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

What is the competition like in that league? His hudl highlights is like a 50yr+ td play after play.
Tulare Union is Division II in the Central Section, but MaxPreps ranks them #37 in California, which is better than all but one Division I teams in that section.

As for Allen, he is truly electric

bross
Against Dinuba (ranked #7 in Central Section), Allen carried 30 times for 335 yards and 7 touchdowns
Unit2Sucks
Looks amazing. Reminds me a bit of Dillon Baxter but hopefully has his head screwed on right. Hopefully he can add 20 lbs and retain his agility and explosiveness.
Strykur
Rbears said:

Big C said:

Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

I watched the Harris kid play, he's a stud. it's a shame he chose Alabama, but it is what it is
He got thrown right into the mix, which is pretty impressive to do in Tuscaloosa these days, although Saban does have a penchant for wanting to play with his entire arsenal (such as giving Jalen Hurts a chance last year).
CAL4LIFE
82gradDLSdad
burritos said:

MoragaBear said:

Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

If you need to see anything more than the run in the attached video then I don't know what to tell you. NO RUNNING BACK ON OUR TEAM CAN MAKE THOSE CUTS!!!!! WOW!!!!
59bear
For those of us in the geriatric set, Kazmeir Allen evokes memories of another Kazmeir..Dick, of Princeton, a single wing tailback who was the last Ivy Leaguer to win the Heisman (1951).
6956bear
bross said:

burritos said:

MoragaBear said:

Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

Tulare Union is Division II in the Central Section, but MaxPreps ranks them #37 in California, which is better than all but one Division I teams in that section.

Allen is not quite as fast as Jahvid Best was, who played in a weak league in HS. Allen is fast and explosive and ridiculously productive. Hope the Bears can sign this guy.
82gradDLSdad
6956bear said:

bross said:

burritos said:

MoragaBear said:

Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

Allen is not quite as fast as Jahvid Best was, who played in a weak league in HS. Allen is fast and explosive and ridiculously productive. Hope the Bears can sign this guy.

I don't remember Jahvid being able to cut like that, not that he had to. There are few players, that I remember, being able to put that foot in the ground at almost full speed and cut: Russell White, Desean Jackson, Keenan Allen. Only Desean was super fast. The other two just made tacklers miss. Jahvid could cut but not like that but then no one could catch him so the result was the same. I hope we land this kid.
burritos
82gradDLSdad said:

6956bear said:

bross said:

burritos said:

MoragaBear said:

Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

I don't remember Jahvid being able to cut like that, not that he had to. There are few players, that I remember, being able to put that foot in the ground at almost full speed and cut: Russell White, Desean Jackson, Keenan Allen. Only Desean was super fast. The other two just made tacklers miss. Jahvid could cut but not like that but then no one could catch him so the result was the same. I hope we land this kid.
82gradDLSdad
burritos said:

82gradDLSdad said:

6956bear said:

bross said:

burritos said:

MoragaBear said:

Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

That was a good one. Hottest game I ever attended. Plus, Jahvid gained about 15 total yards in his other 19 carries. Surreal day.
oskidunker
Maybe he should study more and pray less.
Go Bears!
southseasbear
burritos said:

82gradDLSdad said:

6956bear said:

bross said:

burritos said:

MoragaBear said:

Yogi Bear said:

calgo430 said:

Great run! The QB (I think it's Riley) sprints downfield to make a great block.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.