Sonny's team would have won.....

6,469 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Blueblood
GranadaHillsBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blueblood said:

Golden One said:

Blueblood said:

Last year's Bears offense would have beaten these furds....

I don't have a good feeling about Cal beating ucla either.
Sonny's offense might have scored more points, but his defense would have given up at least 40, so we would have lost by a far bigger margin.
I agree......but I said further that offense with this season defense would have won. Wilcox coaching
of course......

Wilcox doesn't coach defense. He's the head coach. If you're assuming that Sonny would be head coach and Wilcox the D coordinator, then I hope you watched enough CAL football over the last few years to know that it would still have been a loss because Dykes didn't give a crap about defense. All recruiting and practice efforts went towards his offense. Leftovers were thrown to defense
71Bear
mbBear said:

Blueblood said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Blueblood said:

Well, they might have scored more than 14 if that is what you say, but oh my, we would have 50+ pinned on us.
Yes, that's what I'm saying.....last year's offense with this year's defense. I'm not laughing but crying.
No, I want the 75 offense with the 91 defense.
Your thread title might have been just a tad deceiving.
Make that the 1968 defense - the best Cal D in my lifetime....
71Bear
Blueblood said:

ducky23 said:

bearister said:

Blueblood said:

NVBear78 said:

Blueblood said:

NLast year's Bears offense would have beaten these furds....

Sorry Blue but don't think you were at the game. Sunny coaching this team loses by three TD's. No D and without Goff or Webb his offense would be nothing.
I never said Sonny was coaching. Sonny's offense with Wilcox's defense and...and Wilcox coaching....Cal would have won.....today's BG
I plead guilty to a reading and comprehension fail. It was the Guinness talking.

Eh, the op is still wrong because he doesn't take into account personnel (which has been covered already) or pace of play.

You can't just say, oh dykes would have scored x amount of points more and this years defense would have held furd to 17 points. It doesn't work that way.

Dykes' offenses weren't actually that efficient. Their points per possession weren't that high, relative to the rest of the league.

So yes. Dykes probably does score more than 14 points. But on many more possessions. Which in turn tires out our defense and gives more possessions to furd. So they probably score way more than 17 as well. Even against a Wilcox led defense.
Dykes' offense was efficient enough with Webb....or put it this way, Webb would have won this game today!
Webb would have thrown an INT at a critical point in the game and lost it. That was his calling card.....
Cal8285
Yeah, substitute Saturday's offensive personnel with last year's offensive personnel, and the Bears win.

But heck, if all of THIS year's personnel, offensive and defensive, had been healthy, the Bears would have won this game.

And last year's personnel with Saturday's defense wins whether it is run by Baldwin or run the way Spavital ran the offense against UCLA. And the game isn't even close enough so that Webb has the opportunity to throw in INT at a critical point.

Ah, if, if, if. . .

How about this Friday's offense, defense, and special teams combine to beat the baby bears??

barabbas
Blueblood said:

What?Did you fall from the stupid tree and hit every branch?
Blueblood
barabbas said:

Blueblood said:

What?Did you fall from the stupid tree and hit every branch?
stupid is as stupid does
How did I know this tree
was a stupid one?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.