Let's Pick the Pac-12 Games: Week 14

2,261 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by heartofthebear
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wrapping up the regular season with a final stab at maintaining .500 I went 3-2 last week, and am up to 37-37-2. So being the daring sort I am, I'm risking it all to remain gloriously mediocre. Okay, so my life's pathetic, but details. Anyway, here's the link to last week, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/76881 and this weeks peeks into the future. Home team remains in italics.

bRuins 6.5 over Cal: Hard to tell how motivated the Song Stealers are going to be. Do they really want a bowl game? Are they playing for either Mora or the interim coach? Are they already thinking Winter break in Tijuana? Rose Bowl is not a happy place for Cal, so for absolutely no reason I'm taking the Bears to beat the spread.

Mutts 10.5 over Wazoo: Way to high of a spread. Butt sniffers barely pulled it out over Utah. Puddytats have one of their best teams in years. Cougs don't Coog It and beat the spread.

Mormon Marauders 10.5 over Colorado: Missionaries are the better team, but Ralphie and co. are at home. Both fighting for a bowl, so should be a good game. Buffs beat the spread.

Furd 1 over Notre Dame: Arrogant SOB's already have the division sewn up, so don't be surprised if Love sits this one out. Even if he plays, taking the Domers to beat the spread.

Mildcats 2.5 over Spawn of Satan: Kitties claw the Devil's Rejects then drag them into the litter box. Zona covers.

Rubber Duckies 21.5 over River Rats: Rodents just grateful season is ending. Nike U covers in a romp.

U$C cheats on BYE.
bross
The Washington and Utah spreads seem way too high. But I've learned not to doubt Vegas!
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/benrosssports
Yogi58

I went 2-3 last week, bringing me to 11-15-2

Cal +6.5. **** it. We're winning and I don't care about all the reasons why we won't.
WSU +10.5
Colorado +10.5 does the home thing
Notre Dame -1
Arizona -2.5
OSU +21.5
chalcidbear
Last week I too went 3-2, but that only brings me up to 34-38-3 for the season, so just to reach .500 this week, I gotta get 5 of the 6 games correct. Since my previous methodology has failed to keep me on the positive side of things, I thought I'd mix things up a bit and go counter to some of my inclinations this week:

Cal @ UCLA: The Bears do worse when we face an opponent with a tough run game, which, of course, is not the situation we'll face this week. I'm putting on my blue-tinted glasses and predicting that Cal will get some pressure on Rosen and the Bears will beat the spread.

WSU @ Washington: I think the Cougars win out.

Colorado @ Utah: This is one of my counter-inclinations. The Buffaloes had a bye and are at home, while the Utes are coming off back-to-back losses to the two Washington teams. Utah probably wins, but Colorado covers.

Notre Dame @ Stanford: A week after playing a tough game against Cal, the Cardinal has to face off against a really good team, possibly without the benefit of Mr. Love I'm picking the Golden Domers to win.

Zona @ ASU: Tait gets his mojo back, and Wildcats cover a line that should be higher.

OSU @ Oregon: Here's another one that I normally would favor the home team. But I'm stepping out on a limb to say the the Beavers will cover the spread.
heartofthebear
UrsusTexicanus said:

Wrapping up the regular season with a final stab at maintaining .500 I went 3-2 last week, and am up to 37-37-2. So being the daring sort I am, I'm risking it all to remain gloriously mediocre. Okay, so my life's pathetic, but details. Anyway, here's the link to last week, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/76881 and this weeks peeks into the future. Home team remains in italics.

bRuins 6.5 over Cal: Hard to tell how motivated the Song Stealers are going to be. Do they really want a bowl game? Are they playing for either Mora or the interim coach? Are they already thinking Winter break in Tijuana? Rose Bowl is not a happy place for Cal, so for absolutely no reason I'm taking the Bears to beat the spread.

Mutts 10.5 over Wazoo: Way to high of a spread. Butt sniffers barely pulled it out over Utah. Puddytats have one of their best teams in years. Cougs don't Coog It and beat the spread.

Mormon Marauders 10.5 over Colorado: Missionaries are the better team, but Ralphie and co. are at home. Both fighting for a bowl, so should be a good game. Buffs beat the spread.

Furd 1 over Notre Dame: Arrogant SOB's already have the division sewn up, so don't be surprised if Love sits this one out. Even if he plays, taking the Domers to beat the spread.

Mildcats 2.5 over Spawn of Satan: Kitties claw the Devil's Rejects then drag them into the litter box. Zona covers.

Rubber Duckies 21.5 over River Rats: Rodents just grateful season is ending. Nike U covers in a romp.

U$C cheats on BYE.
If Ralphie is at home then please change the team in italics to Colorado. Otherwise it is pretty confusing. Checked the sports page and Utah is the home team so your italics are correct but your comment is strange.
heartofthebear
Cal has two more injuries at OL and continues to get banged up at LB and DB.
I'm forced to take UCLA and I don't think Mora will make a difference to this team. He hasn't for a while.
The hope that Rosen doesn't play is really pretty ridiculous and typical of the desperation of many Cal fans. Cal needs to play better than last week to win and I just don't see that with Saffle out at OG and Goode out at LB.

I'm going to take Colorado because of the half point. 11 point and 10 point margins are common and it is going to be right in there but I think Colorado can keep it closer to 10 points or less. Utah wins though.

I really don't give a c**p about this game but I guess I'm going to take Notre Dame. Furd does not seem to me to be capable of winning a big game this year, other than that Washington game win. But Love is more banged up now so I just don't think so and Notre Dame is better than Washington.

This is a toughy but I'll take ASU to win at home or at least beat the small spread. Small spread games are really hard to pick.

Two teams on two separate trajectories. OSUs two week inspiration after Anderson returned to his southern Utah homestead was short lived and Oregon is playing like they did under Chip. Now Oregon has their QB back. Plus it's at Autzen. This one could get ugly early and often. OSU might hire Mike Riley at half time just to stop the bleeding. Oregon

wifeisafurd
UrsusTexicanus said:

U$C cheats on BYE.
My personal slide continues. 1-4. 6 games under break even. Bet opposite my picks and head to Vegas.

Cal. Going with heart, not my brain. I really don't expect Cal to win.
Wazoo and points. My gut reaction is Udub pulls out a victory at home.
Utah
ASU (no idea really, s/b a good game)
Ducks
Domers
joe amos yaks
Cal beats the spread again. Underachieving Brubabes are not playing for sleepy Coach Mora anymore wake up in a close game.

uWazoo upsets uDub who miscalculate and their FG falls one point short as time expires.

Beehive boyzs cover the Buffs. Coach McIntyre splits his pants.

ND whacks the Farm, stomps the arrogant SoBs.

uA and ASu spiral to an endless tie . . . who cares?

Beavs cover the Quackers in a game watched throughout the Willamette Valley and in several pubs in Portland.

Bye covers the Troy-boyzs . . . so what!
heartofthebear
heartofthebear said:

Cal has two more injuries at OL and continues to get banged up at LB and DB.
I'm forced to take UCLA and I don't think Mora will make a difference to this team. He hasn't for a while.
The hope that Rosen doesn't play is really pretty ridiculous and typical of the desperation of many Cal fans. Cal needs to play better than last week to win and I just don't see that with Saffle out at OG and Goode out at LB.

I'm going to take Colorado because of the half point. 11 point and 10 point margins are common and it is going to be right in there but I think Colorado can keep it closer to 10 points or less. Utah wins though.

I really don't give a c**p about this game but I guess I'm going to take Notre Dame. Furd does not seem to me to be capable of winning a big game this year, other than that Washington game win. But Love is more banged up now so I just don't think so and Notre Dame is better than Washington.

This is a toughy but I'll take ASU to win at home or at least beat the small spread. Small spread games are really hard to pick.

Two teams on two separate trajectories. OSUs two week inspiration after Anderson returned to his southern Utah homestead was short lived and Oregon is playing like they did under Chip. Now Oregon has their QB back. Plus it's at Autzen. This one could get ugly early and often. OSU might hire Mike Riley at half time just to stop the bleeding. Oregon

F*** just realized I did not pick the Wash vs. WSU game. Oh well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.