20 years ago today

1,941 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ColoradoBear
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Bears2thDoc
I have to admit, I had no idea who this guy was since.....until I googled.
Seemed like this editorial launched him.
okaydo
Bears2thDoc said:

I have to admit, I had no idea who this guy was since.....until I googled.
Seemed like this editorial launched him.

Actually, probably not. I don't think most people who know of him know about this...he went to law school after graduating, decided that wasn't for him, got an office job, then became a writer for a talk show that put him on camera (Chelsea Lately), appeared in a film with Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher, competed on Last Comic Standing, then got his own talk show/game show (see below).

Full disclosure: I barely know the guy. He's a friend of friends. I think I only spoke to him once when I saw him perform standup at a laundromat/cafe in San Francisco 15 years ago.

But I always like to highlight this because...

1) During my 5 years at Cal, we always lost to Stanford, but we had memorable Big Game memories like the rioting, this incident and the Stanford Tree theft. I feel sorry for the current students who have nothing to remember the Big Game rivalry except for the constant losing.

2) I love the column, despite the Chelsea wrongdoing. It's just absolute pure hatred of Stanford. It's the essence of the rivalry.

3) Him taping the Secret Service agents and them lecturing him about labeling Bill Clinton as "Sexual Predator in Chief." Keep in mind this happened like six weeks before the Lewinsky scandal broke.

Guy would end up writing an anti-Chelsea Clinton article for Slate when her mom was running for president the first time.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2008/02/chelsea_is_all_grown_up.html

And Guy, whom I think is a great writer, recently tackled the Louis CK situation.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/tear-down-the-boys-club-that-protected-louis-ck.html

ColoradoBear
Wow that guy actually is somewhat famous and successful.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.