A note about "Big C"

2,112 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by KoreAmBear
DenBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The proper response to UCLA's appropriation of our song is humor and ridicule, not anger. We should always be laughing at them and their lack of imagination for copying this for a fight song.

And their further lack of creativity when they continued using it.

And their continued lack of creativity when, despite loads of musical talent in the LA area, they still did not come up with anything else.

So just ask them when they will come up with something original for a fight song. We are waiting, and laughing.

KoreAmBear
DenBear said:

The proper response to UCLA's appropriation of our song is humor and ridicule, not anger. We should always be laughing at them and their lack of imagination for copying this for a fight song.

And their further lack of creativity when they continued using it.

And their continued lack of creativity when, despite loads of musical talent in the LA area, they still did not come up with anything else.

So just ask them when they will come up with something original for a fight song. We are waiting, and laughing.

Ask them why they also stole our top recruits the last few years like Wadood, Payton, Vanderdoes and McKinley, had Top 20 classes year after year, and pretty much did nothing of significance compared to us. We can also laugh at that.
Big C
Wait, I thought this thread was going to be about me!

Seriously, I would also ask them why they had the good taste to steal one of our songs, but then made it worse.
calbear93
Big C said:

Wait, I thought this thread was going to be about me!

Seriously, I would also ask them why they had the good taste to steal one of our songs, but then made it worse.
DId they have a choice? Maybe we told our satellite campus to adopt our song, forever marking them as ours.
DenBear
Quote:

DId they have a choice? Maybe we told our satellite campus to adopt our song, forever marking them as ours.
That works.

Beat the Pastels.
philly1121
I'm sure no one cares but - does anyone know what there fight song was before they stole ours? I know Mighty Bruins was written by Bill Conti but what did they use before?
calumnus
philly1121 said:

I'm sure no one cares but - does anyone know what there fight song was before they stole ours? I know Mighty Bruins was written by Bill Conti but what did they use before?

A song they wrote in 1922 called "By the Old Pacific" see this link:

https://alumni.ucla.edu/ucla-history/ucla-history-songs/

KoreAmBear
philly1121 said:

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.