Strong close to 2018 Recruiting Class and new assistant coaching hire - PREMIUM

29,885 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bear19
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yogi58
B.A. Bearacus said:

Cal Strong! said:

Yogi posting STRONG today! Like Cal . . . and Cal Strong!

Cal STRONG!!!!

Cal Strong, which one of your personalities actually gets along with Chapman_is_Gone?
I'm a Chapman Is Gone fan, even if Cal Strong isn't. We curmudgeons have to stick together.
B.A. Bearacus
Cal Strong!
B.A. Bearacus said:

Cal Strong! said:

Yogi posting STRONG today! Like Cal . . . and Cal Strong!

Cal STRONG!!!!

Cal Strong, which one of your personalities actually gets along with Chapman_is_Gone?
Cal Strong love all Cal Bears. But Cal Strong no love weakness. Cal Strong here to help weak bears become strong . . . like Cal.

This offends Chapman. Chapman very content being weak in mind, body, football, and charity. He no like Cal Strong arguing for strength.

Road ahead very simple for Chapman. He can either continue being weak, or he can start working to become strong. Constantly complaining about someone who lives a different continent and had nothing to do with this thread not strong . . . it WEAK!

If Chapman want to get strong, he need to follow Cal Strong's five step plan. It involve Cal and being STRONG:

1) Take a hard look in the mirror.
2) Stop being WEAK! Cal not weak.
3) Toughen up your thinking. Be more like Cal, less like you.
4) Start being STRONG! Like Cal. Cal STRONG!
5) Now that you strong, go make others STRONG!
GivemTheAxe
MoragaBear said:

slobear said:

I don't know if Tosh is the hire being cryptically referenced or not but I found this article about him today. I had not read it way back when. Pretty good article: http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6272961

This was the best line from that story:

"Tosh is very pure in his motives," John Lupoi said. "He loves building relationships. I've heard him on the phone, talking to a recruit, and he'll say, 'Listen, I want to do what's in your best interest. If that means I help you get to another school, I'll do it.'

I totally agree that Tosh would help a recruit get into another school. His past record proved it. He helped a number of players get into UW although at the time he was officially a recruiter for Cal. It was only later that he officially took the job of becoming a recruiter for UW.
Doesn't that prove that his motives are pure? Taking money from one school while helping that school's competitor.
Some people might call that a betrayal and breach of his fiduciary duty. But not me. No sir.
going4roses
GivemTheAxe said:

MoragaBear said:

slobear said:

I don't know if Tosh is the hire being cryptically referenced or not but I found this article about him today. I had not read it way back when. Pretty good article: http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6272961

This was the best line from that story:

"Tosh is very pure in his motives," John Lupoi said. "He loves building relationships. I've heard him on the phone, talking to a recruit, and he'll say, 'Listen, I want to do what's in your best interest. If that means I help you get to another school, I'll do it.'

Some people might call that a betrayal and breach of his fiduciary duty. But not me. No sir.

Your reasoning?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
chazzed
I'm fairly sure that GivemTheAxe was playing the tongue-in-cheek angle,
tequila4kapp
Is there any info on you know, recruiting? Players or,positions that are focal,points?
GivemTheAxe
chazzed said:

I'm fairly sure that GivemTheAxe was playing the tongue-in-cheek angle,

Thank you Chazzed.
I would have added the "Sarcasm" smilie from days gone by. But it is no longer available.
going4roses
Ohhh k
MoragaBear
Staff
tequila4kapp said:

Is there any info on you know, recruiting? Players or,positions that are focal,points?
Yes, quite a bit. Everyone there's got a good handle on where things are at as we head to the final LOI day.
bross
tequila4kapp said:

DL/LB definitely a focal point.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/benrosssports
ducky23
So is it Peter Sirmon?
socaliganbear
ducky23 said:

So is it Peter Sirmon?
Yes.
FloriDreaming
socaliganbear said:

ducky23 said:

So is it Peter Sirmon?
Yes.
Good hire. Wilcox does a great job when it comes to identifying and landing top-quality assistants. That's the main reason I see him being successful at building a strong, winning program at Cal.
B.A. Bearacus
Disappointed in this choice. Has nothing to do with Tide or elephants.
going4roses
Why ?
Yogi58
going4roses said:

Why ?
"Has nothing to do with Tide or elephants"
82gradDLSdad
Yogi Bear said:

going4roses said:

Why ?

Please go on.
ayetee11
going4roses said:

Why ?

The winners on the boards want Tosh
Alkiadt
Winners?
I think most "normal" people would view most of us losers for spending so much time at this....
ayetee11
Alkiadt said:

Winners?
I think most "normal" people would view most of us losers for spending so much time at this....

I'm joking. Just still wishing Tosh comes back one day.
Sebastabear
ayetee11 said:

Alkiadt said:

Winners?

And I wish everyone who betrayed their alma mater would receive a molten lava enema shortly before being swallowed up by a giant pit full of broken xboxes and coffee cups, but we don't always get what we wish for.
Yogi58
Sebastabear said:

ayetee11 said:

Alkiadt said:

Winners?

And I wish everyone who betrayed their alma mater would receive a molten lava enema shortly before being swallowed up by a giant pit full of broken xboxes and coffee cups, but we don't always get what we wish for.
So, if I'm interpreting your subtle hints here, you're saying you don't want Tosh back. . . .
bear2034
Wouldn't hurt to have an another running back recruit.
NVBear78
Yep, we now need another experienced back. Hope Tre understands there is no guarantee of any more playing time elsewhere. He would be an integral part of a very good Cal team next year. Really bummed about this.
B.A. Bearacus
82gradDLSdad said:

Yogi Bear said:

going4roses said:

Why ?

Please go on.

My disappointment is not with our new coach but with the clue-givers in this thread. The clues sucked donkey balls.
socaliganbear
B.A. Bearacus said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Yogi Bear said:

going4roses said:

Why ?

Please go on.

My disappointment is not with our new coach but with the clue-givers in this thread. The clues sucked donkey balls.
Agreed.
Goobear
B.A. Bearacus said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Yogi Bear said:

going4roses said:

Why ?

Please go on.

Too funny but agree
Sebastabear
socaliganbear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Yogi Bear said:

going4roses said:

Why ?

Please go on.

Agreed.
To be fair, I'm sure Socaligan wasn't intentionally trolling (ahem) but was instead just trying to demonstrate the value of the premium board. Yeah, that must have been it.
82gradDLSdad
B.A. Bearacus said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Yogi Bear said:

going4roses said:

Why ?

Please go on.

Donkey balls, huh??? I smell a clue.
ayetee11
B.A. Bearacus said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Yogi Bear said:

going4roses said:

Why ?

Please go on.

My guess is no one knew
MoragaBear
Staff
Your guess is wrong but the number who knew wasn't high
ayetee11
MoragaBear said:

Your guess is wrong but the number who knew wasn't high

So it wasn't on the premium boards before it was announced?
Bobodeluxe

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.