Season Ticket Renewal

2,390 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sebastabear
MilleniaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well the ATO has reached a new low for me. Just got texted that I will lose all my consecutive years of purchase points if I don't renew now. Odds are/were that I'd renew but i'm ambivalent plus I know they won't run out of season tickets. So I was planning on waiting. Now I don't know. With all the night games and scheduling issues - season tickets are just not the slam dunk they were.
NeverOddOrEven
Good for them. They should take away your consecutive years if you don't renew by the renewal deadline.
MoragaBear
Staff
MilleniaBear said:

Well the ATO has reached a new low for me. Just got texted that I will lose all my consecutive years of purchase points if I don't renew now. Odds are/were that I'd renew but i'm ambivalent plus I know they won't run out of season tickets. So I was planning on waiting. Now I don't know. With all the night games and scheduling issues - season tickets are just not the slam dunk they were.
They've had the same policy for years and years. Losing priority points has always been a hugely compelling factor in renewing on time.
Son-of-California
Why wouldn't you renew? Why would you expect to keep your 'status" if you don't?
ColoradoBear
Wasn't the renewal deadline in January (the 26th is what they told me at least)?

I would say if you buy season tickets anytime before the season, including August, that you have still had season tickets in consecutive seasons and really should get the points.

If you haven't renewed by the deadline, the ATO would have the right to yank seat locations, but I'm actuality, they might hold them up to closer to the re-seat event just to try to get people to re-up.

Another thought on this is that consecutive years points sre pretty small. If one wanted to chose when to go, donating $100+ to athletics yearly would ramp up priority points much quicker... 5x quicker to be exact. Not to give people excuses to bail, but donations of $100, or even $500, per year + single game tickets for the ones you can make could actually be cheaper than buying season tickets.
bearister
The Catholic Church should send a cab and pay me to attend Mass. Cal should do the same for me to go to hoop and basketball....neither of them do but I still do it all anyway.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oskidunker
This is nothing new. They have now reached the point of demanding money as far in advance as they can.

It is likely you could still renew your season tickets any time before the reseating.

Be aware if you are in the bench backs that those sections are pretty much sold out(big surprise, huh?). If you wait you could end up losing. Maybe they should install more bench backs. So farno one wants to lower esp seating.
Go Bears!
MilleniaBear
I understand what they are doing but its ridiculous to treat a season ticket buyer of 30 years like this. Maybe if they were perenial winners. The fact is the product we have been buying has been declining. Night games, thursday games, games in Santa Clara. I've buying tickets for games I'm not sure I can even make it to. And when I get there I see visiting team fans in better seats than season ticket holders. It simply doesn't make sense to buy season tickets any more. Texting punitive measures to old blues seems counter productive.
auberge
I had season tickets for 27 years. I lost my favored EE seats when they had the drawing after the stadium was redone, as I couldn't log in when my number came up and EE was full when I could. No more season tickets for me for a number of reasons, night games being the most important. I can always get good seats on Stub Hub for individual games without having to make a mandatory donation and then buy the ticket, and I don't have to sit in the rain in November or the heat in September. Also, we all know the game experience isn't what it used to be with incessant hype, the yell leaders being forced to use red pom-poms to promote a favored charity of someone, etc. etc. My living room is more comfortable and less atmospheric than CMS, and I'll take the tradeoff.
Sebastabear
Shoot. This reminds me I hadn't yet renewed my ESP seats. Anyone know if those have the same deadline? Better get on that I suppose.
JA Bear
ESP deadline is the end of March. Lots of time still.
Sebastabear
JA Bear said:

ESP deadline is the end of March. Lots of time still.
Got it. Many thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.