OT: U.S. Men's Curling Gold

2,543 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rathokan
Bear19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remarkable comeback from the edge of elimination at Pakenjeng with five straight wins. Highlight in the Gold Medal match was a double takeout shot to score 5-0 in the 8th End against world power Sweden. First time ever to win Gold in Men's Curling at the Olympics. The team joyously sang our National Anthem as they accepted their Olympic Gold Medals.
calumnus
Bear19 said:

Remarkable comeback from the edge of elimination at Pakenjeng with five straight wins. Highlight in the Gold Medal match was a double takeout shot to score 5-0 in the 8th End against world power Sweden. First time ever to win Gold in Men's Curling at the Olympics. The team joyously sang our National Anthem as they accepted their Olympic Gold Medals.

The funniest thing in sports in the last year is that the Russian curler was caught doping
TouchedTheAxeIn82
It was an incredible match. I only recently figured out the rules, so I actually understood what was going on.
Cal88
It's a lot of fun to play, and it ends around a fireplace with drinks on the premises.
NVGolfingBear
It's a sign of the coming apocalypse! U.S. men win curling Gold and Canada finishes 4th...
Big C
This is not QUITE as great as when Cal will finally get back to the Rose Bowl, but it's darn close. I'd long dreamt of winning the gold in men's curling, but I'd almost given up hope that I would live to see it.

What an amazing day: U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!!!

Hopefully, this will provide the impetus for Cal adding curling to its intercollegiate sports program. If all goes well, maybe it could someday become a revenue sport!
dajo9
Meh, who won the esports gold?
calgldnbear
Curling ???

Why is it called curling?? What are the rules??? Is it just shuffleboard on Ice ??? How much skill does it really take?? Do those brooms work on hardwood flooring??

I kid ... KIDDING (before the crap storm comes down), but seriously, I haven't figured out the rules at all
gobears725
They need to add disc golf and darts to the summer games
Big C
calgldnbear said:

Curling ???

Why is it called curling?? What are the rules??? Is it just shuffleboard on Ice ??? How much skill does it really take?? Do those brooms work on hardwood flooring??

I kid ... KIDDING (before the crap storm comes down), but seriously, I haven't figured out the rules at all
Well, you better get on it, because it's becoming the Next Big Thing. Of course, it's pretty much an "ironic sport", but that's what the Millenials enjoy, as we become more and more of an ironic world.
TheSouseFamily
calumnus said:

Bear19 said:

The funniest thing in sports in the last year is that the Russian curler was caught doping

How bout a nod to the Russian doping bobsledder who wore an "I don't do doping" T-shirt?

grrrrah
gobears725 said:

They need to add disc golf and darts to the summer games

Disc golf - better hope pot isn't categorized as a PED.
riogrrrandefan
TheSouseFamily said:

How bout a nod to the Russian doping bobsledder who wore an "I don't do doping" T-shirt?
She may not speak English.
rathokan
this olympic gold medalist says cannabis is a performance enhancer

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.