Todays Season Ticket Holder Event

5,027 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bear19
BearGreg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Cal invited its season ticket holders to join Coach Wilcox for a chalk talk followed by a two hour practice and scrimmage at Memorial.

It was held in the Field Club with every seat taken and many others standing. I'd estimate attendance at between 500 and 1000. Wilcox answered pre submitted questions around a host of topics. That was followed by a raffle with prizes ranging for flights, hotel and tickets to the Cal USC road game this year, sideline passes to the North Carolina Game, courtside seats to next years Cal women's hoop game vs. UConn and signed Cal football cleats and helmet.

Every attendee got a T-shirt and there was plenty of coffee, donuts, and soft drinks.

A top notch affair all the way around. The attendance is likely indicative of increasing interest in Cal football and hopefully speaks to increased ticket sales in 2018.
79 Bear
It's probably my own oversight but I don't recall ever getting an e-mail or other announcement about this aside from what one poster posted on this site. In fact, I went through my e-mails last night and again today and did not find anything about it. I am a season ticket holder btw. Sounds like many got the memo. Did others miss it?
PRD74
This was the best organized event I've ever attended for a Cal football practice. I got enough posters for myself and my Cal fan relatives and friends. There were donuts, canned soft drinks, bagged chips and nice T shirts of every size. I got two emails telling and reminding me to RSVP. I submitted a total of ten names and all but one attended. Fun day.
philbert
Was this an ESP only event?
gobears74
I saw 3 other long time season ticket holders that I knew, and all 4 of us sit in different parts of the stadium, all outside the ESP sections.

Yes, very well organized, lots of food and t shirts
BearGreg
Staff
RhetoriCal Bear said:

It's probably my own oversight but I don't recall ever getting an e-mail or other announcement about this aside from what one poster posted on this site. In fact, I went through my e-mails last night and again today and did not find anything about it. I am a season ticket holder btw. Sounds like many got the memo. Did others miss it?
RCB - You may want to see if your Cal account email is your most current email. That may be the reason why you did not receive an invite.
petalumabear
I received the invites and sit in EE just below MB...... so it was pretty wide open as far as season ticket holders in all parts of the stadium.
82gradDLSdad
I didn't get any notification but then again I got the cheapest season tickets last year, the $99 specials.
Bear8995
I received several emails (I sit in EE) and am sad I wasn't able to make it, but happy to hear it was a good event. Perhaps that means they will have more of them.
PRD74
Bear8995 said:

I received several emails (I sit in EE) and am sad I wasn't able to make it, but happy to hear it was a good event. Perhaps that means they will have more of them.

There are a lot of BI'ers sitting in Section EE. Include going4roses, Calfans, and I. Calfans is the loudest, g4r is the most cerebral, and I am the one at the concession stands checking out the snacks.
SRBear
I also started sitting in EE last year....well below the MB throne.
Chabbear
I am another EE ticket holder. It must be the place to see CAL football!
SFCALBear72
Section F ticket holder.
Calfans
SRBear said:

I also started sitting in EE last year....well below the MB throne.
Good to see you at the practice. I used to sit in TT for years. I forgot, did you sit there too?
Cal-i-for-nia. (Clap, Clap)(Clap, Clap, Clap)

bear2034
Thanks for the report, made me feel like I missed out. Did the AD show up?

SRBear
Same to you...yes, sat in TT for several years...ran out of spf 60 lotion so had to move.
MoragaBear
Staff
PRD74 said:

Bear8995 said:

There are a lot of BI'ers sitting in Section EE. Include going4roses, Calfans, and I. Calfans is the loudest, g4r is the most cerebral, and I am the one at the concession stands checking out the snacks.
Louder than me? I'm kinda doubting that one.
Bobodeluxe
TT is now a visitor section, on the one game or so that they even show up. Otherwise, mostly empty and comfortable.

There are very effective preventative measures available to fight moon burn.
PRD74
MoragaBear said:

PRD74 said:

Bear8995 said:

I am glad you are louder than a little old lady. Lol.
going4roses
True
going4roses
Nice to have meet you

Go Bears!
MoragaBear
Staff
PRD74 said:

MoragaBear said:

PRD74 said:

Bear8995 said:

She's gonna get you for that crack, PRD
SRBear
I enjoyed being able to speak with you after reading your many posts. Look forward to seeing you again.
PRD74
MoragaBear said:

PRD74 said:

She's gonna get you for that crack, PRD

Yep. No doubt. Lol. BTW, A big Thank You to you and the staff of BI. The articles are always a great read and worth the subscription cost. Your tribute to Chris was especially well done and much appreciated.
MoragaBear
Staff
Thanks, PRD. My pleasure
geebear
Anyone grab an extra XL t-shirt that they want to part with?
Calfans
PRD74 said:

MoragaBear said:

PRD74 said:

Bear8995 said:

HEY, I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!
Cal-i-for-nia. (Clap, Clap)(Clap, Clap, Clap)

Bear19
PRD74 said:

This was the best organized event I've ever attended for a Cal football practice.
Super! There have been deserved examples in FG where the Athletic Dept. did something wrong. It's great to see that the day/event was a success. It doesn't surprise me that the day involved Coach Wilcox & staff - Cal Football is doing a lot of the right things these days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.