Did you fall in love at Cal? (hey it's the off-season)

4,937 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by WhipItOutJoe
TheFiatLux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
genebear said:

Yes. I met him at spring ball 10 years ago. He found out quickly that I am a bigger Cal football fan than he is, although he knows much more about football than I do. He's watching our 2 little ones while I take my friend to a football event tonight.

Great thread.
Love this one too! In fact, love all of these!
SanMateoBear
My parents met at Cal, my wife and I met as teens at the Lair of the Bear in Pinecrest and both graduated from Cal, and my oldest son and his fiance met at Cal.
ncbears
Met my wife at a party when I was a senior and she a sophomore. I was smitten. She - not so much. But, we stayed in touch - and now married 27 years. Most of my closer friends at Cal also married Cal students - and those Cal-Cal marriages are still intact. Those who married non-Bears haven't been so lucky.
bearinMN
I lived on Derby St across from Ho Chi Minh park and Willard Jr High in the early 70's. A bunch of guys would play softball on the fields of Willard almost every night. My wife-to-be lived in a house on Derby and watched us play. She was visiting from Minnesota and not knowing too many people decided to wander over. She immediately attracted a lot of attention, partly because she was wearing a Macalester shirt (small college in Minneapolis). She initially wasn't too impressed with me but I must have fooled her and now we've been married 43 years. Thus my handle, bearinMN.
WhipItOutJoe
I met my wife when she was casually dating a buddy of mine and I was dating my high school sweetheart who was then at Cal with me. We actually double dated a few times and I found her to be a really nice girl. Both couples split up the summer after my junior year and I came across my future wife at a party in the fall and we started dating. This was in 1989 and this summer will be our 25th anniversary. I remember telling my buddy that his ex was dating again, and he looked at me and said, "you"? He was cool with it as they were never serious and he was and is still friends with both of us.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.