Ashtyn Davis

3,316 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dbush518
Bear8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just watched him in the 110 hurdles against Devon Allan. DA won easily, but Davis came in a clear second. If Davis is playing safety, and I'm a WR, it isn't going to be easy to get separation. Because of his speed, it's like having a third CB on defense. It should be real interesting if Allan is a Duck WR and Davis takes him on.
Davis is an impressive athlete.
DCW67MSW
I believe Allen turned pro & left Oregon.
DCW67MSW
I believe Allen turned pro & left Oregon.
Econ141
When the subject is just the name, I always assume they are transferring or backing out of a commitment.

Phew!
flounder
fat_slice said:

When the subject is just the name, I always assume they are transferring or backing out of a commitment.

Phew!
or suffering a serious injury. i opened the thread thinking the same thing
BearGreg
Staff
Bear8 said:

Just watched him in the 110 hurdles against Devon Allan. DA won easily, but Davis came in a clear second. If Davis is playing safety, and I'm a WR, it isn't going to be easy to get separation. Because of his speed, it's like having a third CB on defense. It should be real interesting if Allan is a Duck WR and Davis takes him on.
Thanks for the post. Where/when did you see this race?
Bear8
Pac12 Network, yesterday. I was under the impression it was live and I saw nothing on the screen to alert me otherwise. Ashtyn Davis is fast and not just for the 110 H. The commentary said he was head-to-head with Allen for the first six hurdles which is probably 40 yards. So he is quick as well as fast which is important for a safety.
Big C
Hopefully he will have an injury-free, breakout season.

Two years ago, he got thrown into the action because of injuries. Results were predictable, given the circumstances. Last year, he looked decent. This year...

He also returned kicks last season, right? Will he be doing that again?
FuzzyWuzzy
Bear8 said:

He's also pretty physical back there, not afraid to make a tackle. He's a real FB player.
dbush518
Staff
Big C said:

Hopefully he will have an injury-free, breakout season.

Two years ago, he got thrown into the action because of injuries. Results were predictable, given the circumstances. Last year, he looked decent. This year...

He also returned kicks last season, right? Will he be doing that again?
The plan is for him to return kicks this year. Wilcox said more than once he views Davis as a football player who runs track, rather than a track athlete who plays football.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.