SIXTY-THREE THOUSAND DISAPPOINTED FANS!

Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SIXTY-THREE THOUSAND DISAPPOINTED FANS!
SIXTY-THREE THOUSAND DISAPPOINTED FANS!
SIXTY-THREE THOUSAND DISAPPOINTED FANS!


I'll do this for every away victory.
Realistic chance for 4 road wins this year. How often can we say that? @BYU (done), @AZ (vulnerable), @theOSU, @WSU (?), @USC (rookie QB & it's been 15 years, we're due).

HungryCalBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ur ... from the look of it at least a couple thousand were Cal fans. But I like your enthusiasm :-)
heartofthebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear said:

SIXTY-THREE THOUSAND DISAPPOINTED FANS!
SIXTY-THREE THOUSAND DISAPPOINTED FANS!
SIXTY-THREE THOUSAND DISAPPOINTED FANS!


I'll do this for every away victory.
Realistic chance for 4 road wins this year. How often can we say that? @BYU (done), @AZ (vulnerable), @theOSU, @WSU (?), @USC (rookie QB & it's been 15 years, we're due).


I like you when your drunk
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haha just happy about Cal football. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

63,000 is an underestimate. According to their own numbers, there are 16 MILLION disappointed fans just about now. https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/2017-statistical-report-april-2018-general-conference
TandemBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's actually a pretty big point. The Bears went into very hostile territory. The fans of this team actually know how to dress for a game. Apparently it was also very loud (according to Okaydo or others who were there). So lots of fan participation, excitement and noise. And in what looked like a full stadium (when's the last time the Bears played to a full home crowd?). The Bears maintained their composure, despite SERIOUS offensive play misqueues the week before, and eeked out a win in their first road game of the year. And with new QBs at the helm too. Not bad. Not bad at all.

SIXTY-THREE THOUSAND DISAPPOINTED FANS!
westcoast101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That stadium was LOUD, and they really have the "wear the same color" thing down.
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TandemBear said:

"SIXTY-THREE THOUSAND DISAPPOINTED FANS!"
i forget stuff, alot, but for extra credit name the cal coach chortled the teaser, up top,, and when?

@michigan??

meanwhile calbears reports byu official stats thusly -----> Attendance: 52602

sounds like at least 50K byu white-outs then. but who's counting.
"Doctor Horrible's Singalong Blog" last words: Don't worry, Captain Hammer will save us
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
westcoast101 said:

That stadium was LOUD, and they really have the "wear the same color" thing down.


They have practice doing what they are told.
BearsWiin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MSU, 2002, 46-22
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearsWiin said:

MSU, 2002, 46-22
sounds right, congrats wiins. our media guides got buried behind the sofa, unreachable.
"Doctor Horrible's Singalong Blog" last words: Don't worry, Captain Hammer will save us
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
westcoast101 said:

That stadium was LOUD, and they really have the "wear the same color" thing down.
A white out is easy for them. They just go shirtless.
calbear80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calumnus said:

westcoast101 said:

That stadium was LOUD, and they really have the "wear the same color" thing down.


They have practice doing what they are told.


+1
GranadaHillsBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They just put on their old missionary uniforms
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those that went, did you have to stand for the entire game?
Up with the Blue and Gold. Down with the Red!
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm feeling it... Go Bears!!
Goobear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oskidunker said:

For those that went, did you have to stand for the entire game?
No. Very hospitable people as well.You guys can make fun of their values all you want but I can tell you we could use more of their kindness in our state.

Go Bears!
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Goobear said:

oskidunker said:

For those that went, did you have to stand for the entire game?
No. Very hospitable people as well.You guys can make fun of their values all you want but I can tell you we could use more of their kindness in our state.

Go Bears!
I have heard now from multiple sources that Utahns are remarkably hospitable (southern-like hospitality without the accent), both Utah Youths and BYU Cougs.

Regarding their diversity, 83% of their undergrads are white. Their football roster, though, is more varied (at least ethnically). After a superficial quick perusal, it looks like about one-third of them have Pacific Islander names, and almost a handful African (continent) names. There's a "Jimenez" OL from Texas in there.
BearsWiin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BYU has a strong and established presence in Hawaii from LDS missionary work - they've got a BYU Hawaii campus that's closely associated with the Polynesian Cultural Center on the NE shore of Oahu. So BYU has some advantages in recruiting Polynesian Football Talent.
OdontoBear66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear said:

Goobear said:

oskidunker said:

For those that went, did you have to stand for the entire game?
No. Very hospitable people as well.You guys can make fun of their values all you want but I can tell you we could use more of their kindness in our state.

Go Bears!
I have heard now from multiple sources that Utahns are remarkably hospitable (southern-like hospitality without the accent), both Utah Youths and BYU Cougs.

Regarding their diversity, 83% of their undergrads are white. Their football roster, though, is more varied (at least ethnically). After a superficial quick perusal, it looks like about one-third of them have Pacific Islander names, and almost a handful African (continent) names. There's a "Jimenez" OL from Texas in there.

It has always been of interest to me that one can use the bully pulpit on certain interests but if used against the "protected" species it is hateful.
BearlyClad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Goobear said:

oskidunker said:

For those that went, did you have to stand for the entire game?
No. Very hospitable people as well.You guys can make fun of their values all you want but I can tell you we could use more of their kindness in our state.
What a difference - these guys compared to Arizona fans heading over to the player buses to try start something after the game with the 'hippies'.
Page 1 of 1
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.