Let's Pick the Pac-12 Games: Week 3

2,880 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Fyght4Cal
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Continuing my climb to mediocrity, I went a sterling 3-4-1 last week to bring my season total to 8-10-1. Here's the link to last week: https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/81633
Slim pickings this week as half of the conference is feasting on cupcakes, but here goes. Home team as always in italics.

Rubber Duckies 41.5 over San Jose State: Quackers will romp, but second half sloppiness after getting a huge lead let State barely beat the spread.

Nevada 4 over River Rats: Wolf Pack gorges on Rodents to cover.

Mutts 6 over Mormon Marauders: This should be a good game. Butt sniffers will probably win, but Utes beat the spread.

Spawn of Satan 3 over San Diego State: Another good game. Devil's Rejects are either surprisingly good, or their opponents, (Michigan State in particular), surprisingly bad. Taking Sparky to continue surprising and cover.

Texas 3 over U$C: Leaking condoms gored by Bevo. Whorns to cover.

Fresno 1 vs. bRuins: Chip Kelly's mojo lost for another week. Fighting Tedfords cover.

And in the "Cupcakes are Yummy" department:

Cal vs. Idaho State: Our QB debate continues as our 6th stringer gets in some meaningful reps.

Furd vs UC Davis: Dreaming of a repeat of the 2005 upset.

New Hampshire vs. Colorado: Ralphie runs wild.

Eastern Washington vs. Wazzoo: This could be a competitive game.

Southern Utah vs. Mildcats: Kittens finally play someone they can handle.
wifeisafurd
UrsusTexicanus said:

Continuing my climb to mediocrity, I went a sterling 3-4-1 last week to bring my season total to 8-10-1. Here's the link to last week: https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/81633
Slim pickings this week as half of the conference is feasting on cupcakes, but here goes. Home team as always in italics.

Rubber Duckies 41.5 over San Jose State: Quackers will romp, but second half sloppiness after getting a huge lead let State barely beat the spread.

Mutts 6 over Mormon Marauders: This should be a good game. Butt sniffers will probably win, but Utes beat the spread.

Spawn of Satan 3 over San Diego State: Another good game. Devil's Rejects are either surprisingly good, or their opponents, (Michigan State in particular), surprisingly bad. Taking Sparky to continue surprising and cover.

U$C NL vs Texas: Status of leaking condom's QB is up in the air. I'll update when there's a number.

Fresno NL vs. bRuins: Again will update when possible.

Cal vs. Idaho State: Our QB debate continues as our 6th stringer gets in some meaningful reps.

Misery likes company. 3-4-1 last week, but I still two games above even. Lot of tough games this time around.

Oregon (I lost both big spread games last week and this is always about when the favorite brings in the subs)
OSU (tough call among lower tier teams)
Udub (another tough call since I like both teams)
SDSU (ASU better than expected and SDSU is a good team - tough call)
Will come back when there are lines on SC and Ruins. SC has a good defense and running game so QB loss may make less of a difference than first realized, but gotta see the point spread).

Edit: Add SC and Fresno State.
UrsusTexicanus
Naturally within an hour after my original post the odds came out for U$C and UCLA. OP has been edited.
HighlandDutch
Stellar 2-5-1 last week to drop to 7-11-1 for the season. You could make a lot of money by looking at my picks and doing the opposite.

Oh well...here goes:

San Jose St. +41.5
Nevada +4
UW -6
San Diego St. +3
Texas -3
UCLA +1
chalcidbear
Last week may have been my worse ever: 1-6-1, pulling my season total to 8-10-1. This week:

San Jose State @ Oregon: Yeah, I too got burned by last week's large spreads, BUT Oregon should put up at least 50 against the Spartans, and last week WSU (who's D is not as good as Oregon) held SJS scoreless, so I'm going out on a limb again and betting that the Ducks will cover.

OSU @ Nevada: I thought the Beavers did a solid job this weekend, and may turn out to be a tougher team than originally thought. But so is the Wolf Pack, and since the game is in Nevada, I'll go with Nevada to cover.

UW @ Utah: Utah may be good, but not good enough - Huskies.

ASU @ San Diego State: I agree this should be one of the best games this week, but I was impressed at how the Sun Devils held off Michigan State for the win - ASU to cover.

USC @ Texas: I'm not sure how good Texas really is, but the home field advantage should kick in after the Trojans poor showing on the Farm last week: Longhorns.

Fresno State @ UCLA: This is made more with the heart than the mind: Tedford has got his mojo back while Kelly is still feeling his way: Fresno State.
HighlandDutch
And I see that Stanford-UC Davis game kicks off at 11:00 a.m. Yikes.
BerlinerBaer
HighlandDutch said:

San Jose St. +41.5
Nevada +4
UW -6
San Diego St. +3
Texas -3
UCLA +1
5-2-1 last week, 10-8-1 on the year.

Oregon
OSU
Washington
ASU
USC
Fresno St.
OzoneTheCat
2-5-1 last week...yikes.

Let's try this again...

Oregon -41.5
Nevada +4
UW -6
ASU -3
USC +3
Fresno State -1
AunBear89
19-0 the last two weeks - I just forgot to post my picks. Trust me - they were beautiful! The most beautiful picks anyone has ever seen. This week's picks are even more better - the likes of which we have never seen before.

Quacks
Nevada
Udub
ASU
Texass
Fresneck
'furd
Colorado
Wazzoo
'zona
The Sturdy Golden Bears
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dajo9
That ASU line looks way too low. I expect they'll crush SDSU. Herm Edwards is working some magic.

Also, Texas vs. USC. Who would have expected the rough state of both these programs when this was scheduled.
American Vermin
FloriDreaming
UrsusTexicanus said:

Texas 3 over U$C: Leaking condoms gored by Bevo. Whorns to cover.

Fresno 1 vs. bRuins: Chip Kelly's mojo lost for another week. Fighting Tedfords cover.

3-4 last week with one push (Utah), bringing me exactly to .500. I mostly got killed on trying to guess which way the blowouts would go. Only one of those games to worry about this week.

Oregon (cuz nobody runs up the score like the Ducks)
OSU
UW
ASU
USC
UCLA (Will take the Pac 12 in the toss-up game)
heartofthebear
I'm hitting about as well as the SF Giants these days. 5-6 and then 2-5-1 for a measly total of 7-11-1 and it seems worse than that.

I'm taking all pac-12 teams + Tedford
So,
Oregon
Oregon St.
Washington
ASU
USC
Fresno St.

I'd have to go undefeated to get in the black for the season.
The trouble is these damn spreads are really close to accurate.
72CalBear
Don't care much but SCum runs the ball and beats Texass. SD State homers Devils and JT ruins the Bruins
bear2034
Outside of conference, I would love to see TCU upset Ohio St and BYU pull off a victory against Wisconsin.
Fyght4Cal
Yes, I do realize I'm really late. I'm still like cling my wounds over an inauspicious 3-5 debut last week. But here goes:

West Sparta covers, as the Rubber Duckies ease off the throttle

Wolf Pack drowns the Wide Opens

The Wayward Utes cover v the Fuskies

The Hellions fork the Aztecs

Condoms over the Whorns

Fresneck em-bear-asses Southern Branch

Our Sturdy Golden Bears prevail, but St Idaho covers

The Furds over the University Farm

UC Boulder makes sour cream of New Hampshire

Wazzu coogs it v EWU d'Eagles

Thunderbirds go mad dog 2020 and cover v the MildCats
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.