OT: Maybe we should be happy with our mini-trons....

2,361 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ColoradoBear
HighlandDutch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sebastabear
Would anyone even notice if our minitron fell on them?
BearsWiin
As a GWU grad student I spent many evenings there 1993-4 watching the Mike Jarvis-led Colonials with Dirkk Surles and Yinka Dare play the likes of Marcus Camby in scintillating A-10 action. Always seemed pretty small, though, like a slightly oversized high school gym, but then I'd been spoiled by old Harmon
bluehenbear
Our minitrons remind me of this:

I shouldn't have to squint when I look at them.
HighlandDutch
I think that the problem may have been that there was a replay monitor that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf.
ColoradoBear
Haas has center mounted hanging video boards though...
82gradDLSdad
Our minitrons are fine...perfectly clear...through my binoculars.
UCBerkGrad
Wouldn't that be a shame if our minitron "accidentally" fell and was destroyed? Maybe insurance would pay for a bigger display.
YamhillBear
With the other thread bemoaning how the Idaho State game only being broadcast in SD (including the person pointing out that on his 70" SD is unwatchable), I definitely thought about this thread.
6164bear
The pac12 network (PACBA version) purports to be showing the idaho state game in HD.
Sebastabear
6164bear said:

The pac12 network (PACBA version) purports to be showing the idaho state game in HD.
Is that the two hour rebroadcast though? Must admit I don't know what PACBA is, but Comcast is reshowing it in the middle of the night in HD, but it's only two hours long.
6164bear
Nope, it's live. Suddenlink in Auburn.
BearBones
The DISH channel guide lists the Cal-Idaho game broadcasting live in HD on channel 593.
ColoradoBear
Sebastabear said:

6164bear said:

Is that the two hour rebroadcast though? Must admit I don't know what PACBA is, but Comcast is reshowing it in the middle of the night in HD, but it's only two hours long.
Pretty sure the issue is that Comcast - and other bandwidth limited cable companies - do not have a HD feed for the regional networks, just the main national net. That's entirely because no one watches these channels. Not nearly enough to justify the bandwidth.

P12 Networks is recording and distributing FB in HD, and dish uses an overflow channel method for HD sports, so that should be HD.. ATT Uverse is essentially IPTV as I understand it, so they would be able to do it (not sure if ATT still distributes the regional nets at all though).

Online feed should be in HD Widescreen as well.

The P12 regional nets are pretty worthless thes days. I think they are also in a non-basic enhanced cable tier too, at least on Comcast.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.