Poll: How many points will we score versus Idaho State?

3,039 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tabear82
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This will likely be the most points we score against a team this year. How many points are we good for on Saturday? Star your choice.
B.A. Bearacus
20-29
B.A. Bearacus
30-39
B.A. Bearacus
40-49
B.A. Bearacus
50+
NYCGOBEARS
I'll be super worried if we don't score at least 35.
TouchedTheAxeIn82
I'll be concerned if we don't score at least 42 points.
B.A. Bearacus
Idaho State beat their previous opponent, Western State 45-10. It was a home game played in front of announced attendance of 5,062. Link to box score.

Some results of note from recent times:

9/10/16: Colorado 56, ISU 7
9/17/16: Oregon State 37, ISU 7
9/16/17: Nevada 28, ISU 30
11/4/17: UC Davis 56, ISU 17

Their complete results from 2017.
Big C
this poster has so many blue stars, he must be witty and inciteful

oh, wait...
Fyght4Cal
I'm calling 38 (which means we're scoring 40>)
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
B.A. Bearacus
Big C said:

oh, wait...
Sensing some hard feelings here -- not sure why. This is the only way to do a poll that shows a numerical tally. I used to create polls in the old interface, but that feature is gone.
76BearsFly
27-13. Hope we don't get complacent. I like our two-headed QB team of Garbers/McIlvine.
bear2034
I think we can score more points down the road once our QB's and Beau mesh together, maybe the Oregon St. game.

Big C
B.A. Bearacus said:

Big C said:

oh, wait...
Sensing some hard feelings here -- not sure why. This is the only way to do a poll that shows a numerical tally. I used to create polls in the old interface, but that feature is gone.
Ah, my meds hadn't kicked in (or kicked in too strong). Luv ya, brother! Go Bears!

- Dr. Jekyll
DCW67MSW
Since several players are fighting for playtime our second team will be better than Idaho States players ergo a very high score 59 10.
oski003
oskirules said:

I think we can score more points down the road once our QB's and Beau mesh together, maybe the Oregon St. game.

Hopefully, we have our offense in full form before playing tosh in the cfp.
bear2034
oski003 said:

oskirules said:

Hopefully, we have our offense in full form before playing tosh in the cfp.
Undefeated all the way, bruh.
dajo9
I'm prepared to completely panic in the 1st half before comfortably winning by 30
American Vermin
upsetof86
dajo9 said:

I'm prepared to completely panic in the 1st half before comfortably winning by 30

I am not sure about the points but I agree with the sentiment. I think the staff is not going to play for what would normally be a handily won game. We will try different players and looks. We will not open up the play book. We will insist that the team beat this Idaho State team "straight up." Effort and execution will be the game plan. As a lesson and as a test. Its kind of sadistic but I get that vibe from the staff. You get no youngster passes. No exuberant free for all moments. Its always discipline, always a test. I'm not sure I dig that but a part of me believes its probably the only way to get better.

I don't expect a blow out. If we do that will be great. Instead I expect a seemingly tough game that we win.
OdontoBear66
upsetof86 said:

dajo9 said:

I am not sure about the points but I agree with the sentiment. I think the staff is not going to play for what would normally be a handily won game. We will try different players and looks. We will not open up the play book. We will insist that the team beat this Idaho State team "straight up." Effort and execution will be the game plan. As a lesson and as a test. Its kind of sadistic but I get that vibe from the staff. You get no youngster passes. No exuberant free for all moments. Its always discipline, always a test. I'm not sure I dig that but a part of me believes its probably the only way to get better.

I don't expect a blow out. If we do that will be great. Instead I expect a seemingly tough game that we win.
Where you from????? You don't expect a blowout???? Comfortable position, but if we do not blow these guys out we are as wimpy as your projection.....C'mon.....Wake up..... We ain't playing *****gon or Udub......Blowout!!!!!!!!!
kirklandblue
Wasn't this the thinking just before Weber St. last year?
sonofabear51
Probably.
Start Slowly and taper off
tim94501
41-10
bonsallbear
Damn the score! I want to see 250 yards rushing! 70% pass completion and a shut out.
Strykur
77-3
AunBear89
Weber was a much better FCS team last year than this Idaho State team. Apples and oranges.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Strykur
AunBear89 said:

Weber was a much better FCS team last year than this Idaho State team. Apples and oranges.
Weber State last year made it to the FCS quarterfinals and lost by a field goal as time expired to James Madison who went on to the FCS championship game, Idaho State on the other hand went 4-7 last year and lost 35-7 to Weber State.

So we should score 70.
tabear82
RJABear
31 points for the team in Blue
B.A. Bearacus
Garbers and McIlwain are like this:

Fyght4Cal
Word. It takes two. BA, you had us rocking down the 580 on our way into the game
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
ColoradoBear
More or less than attendance (in thousands)?
GoOskie
SoFlaBear
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

I'll be concerned if we don't score at least 42 points.
This needs to be a statement game. We need to leave no doubt that we are the better team, even with 2nd and 3rd stringers in.

We need to not be Stanfurd -transfer Scott Frost's team, which lost to Troy at home in front of a packed house in perfect weather. Instead, we need to be Georgia - cruising to a never-in-doubt 49-7 win over Middle Tennessee State. But not in Georgia colors. Red and white would be dead wrong for Cal. And with an angry looking Bear - not a cute, fluffy Bulldog.
tabear82
Now I would say less than 28; this offense looks very inept
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.