How about a couple of free football road trips?

1,544 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MoragaBear
MoragaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Looking for an excuse to go on inexpensive Cal football road trips this year?

If you sign up for a Chase Southwest Visa, you can get 40,000 free miles. For that, you can get a trip from the bay area to PDX for the OSU game for just 16.5k points round trip leaving late Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday morning. You could also fly up late afternoon Friday for the WSU game and come back Sunday morning for 18.5k miles round trip and still have 5k points left over after the two trips. Or you can save points and fly Friday morning to LA for the USC game and come back Sunday morning for just 7800 points round trip.

If you use this link, I can get points, too: https://www.referyourchasecard.com/223/7YHE2K00C6

I have friends that get a card for both the husband and wife for double the points and cancel after a year so they can sign up and get points again later.

Free airfare definitely makes those road trips cheaper. AirBnb and booking.com work well, too.
25To20
Just keep in mind that applying for credit can adversely affect your credit score. It may be worth it, especially if you don't have other credit needs anytime soon, but do keep it in mind.

Oh, and it is not exactly free. You still need to pay for lodging, meals, ground transportation, airport parking, and game tickets.
SRBear
I just got a Chase Bus card that is giving me 80k miles after spending 5k in 90 days. Pretty easy task as a business card.
KoreAmBear
MoragaBear said:

Looking for an excuse to go on inexpensive Cal football road trips this year?

If you sign up for a Chase Southwest Visa, you can get 40,000 free miles. For that, you can get a trip from the bay area to PDX for the OSU game for just 16.5k points round trip leaving late Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday morning. You could also fly up late afternoon Friday for the WSU game and come back Sunday morning for 18.5k miles round trip and still have 5k points left over after the two trips. Or you can save points and fly Friday morning to LA for the USC game and come back Sunday morning for just 7800 points round trip.

If you use this link, I can get points, too: https://www.referyourchasecard.com/223/7YHE2K00C6

I have friends that get a card for both the husband and wife for double the points and cancel after a year so they can sign up and get points again later.

Free airfare definitely makes those road trips cheaper. AirBnb and booking.com work well, too.
Forget football games, SWA is going to Hawaii next year!
MoragaBear
Staff
That can be a gamechanger when they finally start flying there.

If they have some periods where you can fly for 25k points or less from California, it would finally be worth using points to travel there.

We went to Cabo for just 20k points round trip last year.

There's no other airline miles card/airline that's even close to as cost effective as Southwest. We even flew to Havana from Miami for only 7k points round trip last summer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.