Maybe Goff will be at the Oregon game

3,900 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Big C
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

CannonBlast
Wow.... rodgers-esque
75bear
Man, how many times did Goff have to make plays like that at Cal with our crappy O-line. In a weird way, him having only a second or two before having to unload or avoid the rush in College probably prepared him better for the NFL than another easier (read: USC) situation might have.
Big C
Getting through his freshman year at Cal surely helped him get through his first year in the NFL.
bipolarbear
Forged in the crucible that is Cal football.
FloriDreaming
75bear said:

Man, how many times did Goff have to make plays like that at Cal with our crappy O-line. In a weird way, him having only a second or two before having to unload or avoid the rush in College probably prepared him better for the NFL than another easier (read: USC) situation might have.

Most of the time his OLine now is awesome. He can usually sit back there and make a sandwich waiting for his receivers to get open. Maybe someday Cal's OL will be that good for our QBs. But yah, that 2013 OL certainly prepared him for how to release quickly, no doubt. And he broke Cal passing records (not to mention his collar bone) behind that Swiss cheese line.
Sebastabear
Well I believe he does still have a year of eligibility left . . .
okaydo

okaydo
okaydo

KoreAmBear
okaydo said:

Jared knows what's up! I've never seen a fan base forget that they actually support a school than Oregon.
Grigsby
Goes to my theory on why the best NFL usually come from decent to mediocre CFB schools and why the top schools rarely produce top QBs.

Goff got poor protection in his Frosh year and mediocre in the remaining two. As such it forced him to be faster on release and make decisions quickly.

He also often had to pass in muddled pockets.

Makes a big difference when you go to the next level.
Cal88
That's only part of the picture, Goff has had a very high number of pass attempts as a 3-yr starter under the TF/Dykes system, he was about as polished as a JR QB could be coming out early.
bearister
The toughest 5 years in Shirtless Guy's life? His freshman year at Oregon.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Trumpanzee
Maybe Goff can go undercover like he did at that JC and help us out........
okaydo
Goff is currently in Berkeley.

I wonder if he's going to go to the game. Or maybe he's in Berkeley to dine at Chez Panisse?

Big C
Well, he was on the sidelines! Strong message to recruits that sometimes Cal has great quarterbacks and they can go on to great things!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.