Is anyone actually rooting for us to lose tomorrow? (I'm not)

2,125 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LunchTime
510 Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Someone I know suggested we should root for Cal to lose to OSU, in the hopes that a bad rest of the season (as in really bad) will force changes.

My response: Hell no. We should never root for that, not just on principle, but also because it's not like our program has the ability and resources to make those kinds of changes if only we wanted to. A loss tomorrow and a 3-9 season would just bury Cal football even more deeply.

So if you know anyone who's hoping we tank, just tell them: Please don.

This has been a public service announcement.
ColoradoBear
The biggest changes we need are in recruiting and losing to the beav would certainly not help.

Still a chance of getting to a bowl.

This is going to be a fun thread.
82gradDLSdad
We lose to OSU and we have a real ****storm on our hands
Bobodeluxe
Rooting really makes a difference on the field. Yep.
chalcidbear
Wait, by the reverse woofing laws. doesn't rooting for a Cal loss actually increases the chance for a Cal win? So one might make the argument that those folks are helping the FB program.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing." Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

going4roses
How many on this board rooted against the team the whole time dykes was here? Because they wanted dykes gone

Don't be shy
bearister
Seeing that I have the sense of humor of a 15 year old, gosh I enjoy posting this a couple of times each year:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
FloriDreaming
I never root for Cal to lose. Why be a fan if you want your own team to lose??

That being said I'll call them like I see them. This is the only game left Cal should win. And there's a decent chance the wheels have come completely off the Cal program and they'll lose. That UCLA loss was baaaaaad.

Saying the team isn't good and the coaches need to go isn't the same as rooting against the team. I'd love for the team to have proven me wrong against Oregon. Instead they proved me wrong on the downside against two of the three (make that four with Cal in there) worst teams in the Pac 12.

I still believe Oregon State is the worst team in the conference. We will find out tomorrow if that's still the case.
okaydo
The No. 1 problem with losing is that our games end up on the Pac-12 Network.

When we're not on the Pac-12 Network (which I don't have), I can DVR the games and start watching on delayed viewing 30 minutes to an hour after it begins, so that I can fast-forward through all the commercials and the bad parts.

When we're on the Pac-12 Network, I have to watch live on some rinky-dinky website. And I have to endure all the Pac-12 Network-quality commercials and banter from the Pac-12 Studio to the booth.

Also, watching live means I have to check out BI's live thread, and that's not a fun place to be during games.

So, again, this is the No. 1 problem with losing.

And the sole reason why I'm rooting for us to win.
HighlandDutch
I'm not rooting for Cal to lose, but I confess the idea of moving up in the draft is tempting.
KoreAmBear
We desperately need to get to a bowl game for some recruiting and program buzz.

We need to win any game we can. We pissed away what should have been a win in Tucson. We need to get back on track and win this game and steal a couple. Stop with the BM 24/7 all snaps insanity. Go back to the 2 QB system.

Go Bears!
72CalBear
I've never wanted a Cal team to lose, but I have predicted our W's and L's thus far and see the Bears coming up short tomorrow. What this will mean I do not know!
ducky23
KoreAmBear said:

We desperately need to get to a bowl game for some recruiting and program buzz.

We need to win any game we can. We pissed away what should have been a win in Tucson. We need to get back on track and win this game and steal a couple. Stop with the BM 24/7 all snaps insanity. Go back to the 2 QB system.

Go Bears!

It's going to be very difficult to get to a bowl game (stating the obvious).

But it's possibly doable? We will have to win the last two games and I don't see us being more than a 7 point dog to either furd or Colorado.

So there is always a chance....
LunchTime
I am rooting to finish 6-0. Or 1-5. Hopefully better than 2 and 4.
sycasey
Of course not. I'll always root for any Cal team to pull off a miraculous victory no matter what. I'd love to see Wilcox turn this thing around and lead us to a winning season this year; it would restore my faith in him.

I'm just not hopeful for wins anymore. That doesn't mean I don't want them to happen. This isn't pro sports; there are no high draft picks to tank for.
UrsaMajor
LunchTime said:

I hope you meant 5-1...
Sebastabear
okaydo said:

When we're not on the Pac-12 Network (which I don't have), I can DVR the games and start watching on delayed viewing 30 minutes to an hour after it begins, so that I can fast-forward through all the commercials and the bad parts.

When we're on the Pac-12 Network, I have to watch live on some rinky-dinky website. And I have to endure all the Pac-12 Network-quality commercials and banter from the Pac-12 Studio to the booth.

Also, watching live means I have to check out BI's live thread, and that's not a fun place to be during games.

You must be in imminent risk of carpel tunnel syndrome after the last few weeks.
okaydo
Sebastabear said:

okaydo said:

You must be in imminent risk of carpel tunnel syndrome after the last few weeks.

Well, the Oregon and Arizona games were on against Saturday Night Live. Thank god NBC decided to air SNL live across the country.
LunchTime
UrsaMajor said:

LunchTime said:

I hope you meant 5-1...
as the season progresses, I will always root for a win the next game. If we lose the next 5, I will root to be beat Colorado.

Losers like to lose. Cal doesn't get a draft pick from it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.