What I'm really looking for vs USC

4,256 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rushinbear
kirklandblue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For some reason the 2006 game sticks in my mind. SC had a great team but we also had the people, JT in full force, Lavelle Hawkins caught a TD pass to put us ahead at halftime. But it seemed we were just not going to be able to "hang" physically as the 2nd half went on. And we couldn't. This year I have the feeling, based on the last 2 weeks, finally, we can hang with them for a full game, physically, and get this done!
OneKeg
Could be - hope so.

Of course, having Lavelle Hawkins (and Marshawn Lynch and Desean Jackson and Alex Mack and Craig Stevens and Robert Jordan and Justin Forsett) on offense would help too.

That said, this SC team is not that SC team either.
calumnus
kirklandblue said:

For some reason the 2006 game sticks in my mind. SC had a great team but we also had the people, JT in full force, Lavelle Hawkins caught a TD pass to put us ahead at halftime. But it seemed we were just not going to be able to "hang" physically as the 2nd half went on. And we couldn't. This year I have the feeling, based on the last 2 weeks, finally, we can hang with them for a full game, physically, and get this done!

Rose Bowl on the line and we got conservative while Pete Carrol pulled out the trick plays. Longshore was 17 of 38 (45%) for 176 yds 1 TD 2 INT and 2 fumbles.
KenBurnski
I'm hoping to see some of their cheerleaders have wardrobe malfunctions while mistakenly celebrating after Garbers' fourth running td (he keeps on every single read option, stunning and bringing the community to a standstill!).
Trumpanzee
I'm down with that!
NYCGOBEARS
I want a win. Don't care how.
82gradDLSdad
NYCGOBEARS said:

I want a win. Don't care how.

This.
bearister
The cheerleaders?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

The cheerleaders?

It's the damn sweaters. Someone on the tailoring team is a genius.
TouchedTheAxeIn82
bearister said:

The cheerleaders?
C'mon you guys, by now you should know you're talking about the Song Girls, not the cheerleaders.
bearister
82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

The cheerleaders?

It's the damn sweaters. Someone on the tailoring team is a genius.

That level of genius in the art of sweater puppetry has not been seen since the days of Jim Henson.
ColoradoBear
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

bearister said:

The cheerleaders?
C'mon you guys, by now you should know you're talking about the Song Girls, not the cheerleaders.

What's the difference other than the name though?

Do they not have pom poms and cheer?
heartofthebear
ColoradoBear said:

TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

bearister said:

The cheerleaders?

It's funny.
In the photo, the gal on the right is cheering and the rest are like, "what are you doing Vince Young just beat us?"
heartofthebear
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

bearister said:

The cheerleaders?
Shouldn't they be "future stepford wives of America"?
evanluck
Cheerleaders main job is to lead cheers. They will often have megaphones and smaller pom poms or no pom poms at all.

Song girls main job is to dance to the music that the band plays.
oskidunker
Will we ever see blue and gold pom poms again? Does pink last a month?
Go Bears!
Golden One
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

bearister said:

The cheerleaders?
I think you mean the dance team.
bearister
ColoradoBear said:

TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

bearister said:

The cheerleaders?

..and what wonderful pom poms they have.
bear2034
After watching last year's tape where Bowers threw 4 picks, will Garbers throw over the middle? Will he throw the ball away if there's no one open rather throw up a 50/50 ball? Ball security, that's what I want to see. Screw me if they turn the ball over in the red zone, in the 4th quarter, with the game on the line.
Trumpanzee
Future wives of our engineering department....

ColoradoBear said:

TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

bearister said:

The cheerleaders?

upsetof86
Carr (rb) and Pittman (wr) out for USC Saturday. Certainly helps our D to take away some depth/weapons from their young qb. On O I hope they line BM up at the slot some. Leave Ashton and Jaylen on D. BM reminds me a little of Bedford back in the day. Tried him at qb but I think his athleticism better at receiver.
upsetof86
Is Noa out for Saturday?
TheFiatLux
calumnus said:

kirklandblue said:

Rose Bowl on the line and we got conservative while Pete Carrol pulled out the trick plays. Longshore was 17 of 38 (45%) for 176 yds 1 TD 2 INT and 2 fumbles.

That frickin' field goal attempt from like 50 yards, with the fog swirling in over the rim of the LA Coliseum... I just knew right there we were doomed. Of course, had we beat UofA the week before it really wouldn't have mattered...
TheFiatLux
ColoradoBear said:

TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

bearister said:

The cheerleaders?

That was one of the all time greatest memes ever. The internet at its gloriously, silliest best. I hope she embraced and had fun with it.

Rushinbear
upsetof86 said:

Carr (rb) and Pittman (wr) out for USC Saturday. Certainly helps our D to take away some depth/weapons from their young qb. On O I hope they line BM up at the slot some. Leave Ashton and Jaylen on D. BM reminds me a little of Bedford back in the day. Tried him at qb but I think his athleticism better at receiver.
Thank you.
Cal84
LOL. Those SC fans are really glum. They are 5-4 and here is one fairly representative post from one of their fan boards.

"who really gives a **** at this point? 3-2, Cal. Everyone knows that the kicker position is officially cursed, with death, injury, discipline issues, but Helton refuses to believe it. We make 14 drives down the field, stall because of multiple penalties and coaches running onto the field, go 0 for 14 in FGs. We avoid the shut-out when the Kal punter whiffs on a punt from his own five. Eight SC players try and pick up the ball or fall on the ball in the endzone for the win but all fail. The ball finally is kicked out the back of the EZ as time expires for the safety. In the otherwise glum post-game presser, Helton is all smiles as he praises the defense."

Meanwhile we are 5-4 and some sunshine pumpers here talk about winning the rest of the games on the schedule.

It's all giggles to me. Go Cal.
NYCGOBEARS
Don't know how or why but I'm feeling a two TD Bear victory.
82gradDLSdad
NYCGOBEARS said:

Someone's discovered TJ's bourbon...and likes it.
NYCGOBEARS
82gradDLSdad said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Someone's discovered TJ's bourbon...and likes it.

I'm sober. That may be the problem.
KenBurnski
This is good stuff. The coffee at the meetings always sucks, but sometimes there's mediocre sugar cookies to offset that disappointment.
Rushinbear
Cal84 said:

LOL. Those SC fans are really glum. They are 5-4 and here is one fairly representative post from one of their fan boards.

"who really gives a **** at this point? 3-2, Cal. Everyone knows that the kicker position is officially cursed, with death, injury, discipline issues, but Helton refuses to believe it. We make 14 drives down the field, stall because of multiple penalties and coaches running onto the field, go 0 for 14 in FGs. We avoid the shut-out when the Kal punter whiffs on a punt from his own five. Eight SC players try and pick up the ball or fall on the ball in the endzone for the win but all fail. The ball finally is kicked out the back of the EZ as time expires for the safety. In the otherwise glum post-game presser, Helton is all smiles as he praises the defense."

Meanwhile we are 5-4 and some sunshine pumpers here talk about winning the rest of the games on the schedule.

It's all giggles to me. Go Cal.

Our OL will have to take over.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.