A look back at Cal's last victory vs. USC, 15 years and 2 months ago

okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Please let us have a 2018 memory of a win.
hanky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was there. I remember rushing the field afterwards.

My greatest memory was seeing a sea of Bear fans on the field and a lone USC couple next to me. As we made our way out the stadium the SC couple also walked out with the Cal fans. I was behind them the entire time and not once did anyone heckle them or say a disparaging thing about them.

Sometimes you see SC fans complaining about Cal but I swear they just make that shieet up...it's like being treated poorly by Cal fans is a badge of honor for them.

I've always also wondered what happened to the goal post. It was paraded down Bancroft for a while but I'm not sure where it ended up. Someone told me Kips but I've also heard that some Frat took it.
TDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hanky1 said:

I was there. I remember rushing the field afterwards.

My greatest memory was seeing a sea of Bear fans on the field and a lone USC couple next to me. As we made our way out the stadium the SC couple also walked out with the Cal fans. I was behind them the entire time and not once did anyone heckle them or say a disparaging thing about them.

Sometimes you see SC fans complaining about Cal but I swear they just make that shieet up...it's like being treated poorly by Cal fans is a badge of honor for them.

I've always also wondered what happened to the goal post. It was paraded down Bancroft for a while but I'm not sure where it ended up. Someone told me Kips but I've also heard that some Frat took it.


Stop with hyperbole. Cal fans have their pct. of aholes just like SC. In fact you have mea culpas in other threads from your own ilk.
KenBurnski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought that the other Trojan trolls at least used to be funny. Your brand is boring and suspiciously bichty.
RonO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hanky1 said:

I was there. I remember rushing the field afterwards.

My greatest memory was seeing a sea of Bear fans on the field and a lone USC couple next to me. As we made our way out the stadium the SC couple also walked out with the Cal fans. I was behind them the entire time and not once did anyone heckle them or say a disparaging thing about them.

Sometimes you see SC fans complaining about Cal but I swear they just make that shieet up...it's like being treated poorly by Cal fans is a badge of honor for them.

I've always also wondered what happened to the goal post. It was paraded down Bancroft for a while but I'm not sure where it ended up. Someone told me Kips but I've also heard that some Frat took it.
I can help a bit with the goal posts. After the game I spent some time in one of the South side dive bars and then started up Telegraph, through campus, toward BART at maybe 11pm. There it was, a major hunk of the goal post on the steps of Sproul Hall. I went up, set down, and hugged it a bit before moving on.
LunchTime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TBH, I was more amazed and excited about the Washington win in 2002.

I dont think anything will blow my mind like that did. It was the first win over Washington in my life. A ranked Washington. A ranked Washington on the road.

USC was a good win, but at that time USC never seemed unbeatable. It always seemed like a good back and forth with Cal on the losing end but not for long periods.
evanluck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You have to hand it to the Trojans. They have a spirit package that completely is built for victory. Everything that they do, the entire brand is utterly ridiculous when they lose. They are all in on winning from the band uniforms with the sunglasses, to the fight songs, to the mascot. There isn't an milligram of "try-hard lovable loser" in there.

I respect them for that. Marching in the Cal Band, I was very aware of the psychological beat down that their spirit package can lay on a opposing fanbase, team, and band when they are winning. After your quarterback gets sacked for the 6th time and those drums start up and you hear Tribute to Troy for the 70th time, you really want to scratch your own eyes out. Their band stays true to the original military purpose of bands which was to demoralize your enemy with pageantry and espirit de corps.

Looking forward to seeing how ridiculous they all look in defeat on Saturday.

respect to the trojans but Go Bears!
TDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KenBurnski said:

I thought that the other Trojan trolls at least used to be funny. Your brand is boring and suspiciously bichty.
I've literally run out of material to be funny about. I mean a 15-year winning streak...c'mon!

hanky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TDub said:

hanky1 said:

I was there. I remember rushing the field afterwards.

My greatest memory was seeing a sea of Bear fans on the field and a lone USC couple next to me. As we made our way out the stadium the SC couple also walked out with the Cal fans. I was behind them the entire time and not once did anyone heckle them or say a disparaging thing about them.

Sometimes you see SC fans complaining about Cal but I swear they just make that shieet up...it's like being treated poorly by Cal fans is a badge of honor for them.

I've always also wondered what happened to the goal post. It was paraded down Bancroft for a while but I'm not sure where it ended up. Someone told me Kips but I've also heard that some Frat took it.


Stop with hyperbole. Cal fans have their pct. of aholes just like SC. In fact you have mea culpas in other threads from your own ilk.


The story about the SC couple is true. Thousands of Cal fans surrounded them and no one gave them a hard time. You think if the situation were reverse SC fans would have behaved with the same class and dignity as Cal fans? LOL he!ll no
TDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hanky1 said:

TDub said:

hanky1 said:

I was there. I remember rushing the field afterwards.

My greatest memory was seeing a sea of Bear fans on the field and a lone USC couple next to me. As we made our way out the stadium the SC couple also walked out with the Cal fans. I was behind them the entire time and not once did anyone heckle them or say a disparaging thing about them.

Sometimes you see SC fans complaining about Cal but I swear they just make that shieet up...it's like being treated poorly by Cal fans is a badge of honor for them.

I've always also wondered what happened to the goal post. It was paraded down Bancroft for a while but I'm not sure where it ended up. Someone told me Kips but I've also heard that some Frat took it.


Stop with hyperbole. Cal fans have their pct. of aholes just like SC. In fact you have mea culpas in other threads from your own ilk.


The story about the SC couple is true. Thousands of Cal fans surrounded them and no one gave them a hard time. You think if the situation were reverse SC fans would have behaved with the same class and dignity as Cal fans? LOL he!ll no
I'm not denying your anecdotal evidence, however, let's not pretend that your fan base is akin to Nebraska fan. Bearswiin can back this up...one of our ahole fans tried to be a dick to him and he was put in check.
01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TDub said:

Stop with hyperbole. Cal fans have their pct. of aholes just like SC. In fact you have mea culpas in other threads from your own ilk.


Background story checks out, TDub is definitely a SC alumnus or fan. He either can't count or overinflates the number of objects when counting.

There are not multiple mea culpas re being boorish Cal fans, there is just the single one from me. Similarly, there are not multiple threads where Cal fans have apologized for such behavior. Again, there was just the one mea culpa from me in that one thread.
TDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
01Bear said:

TDub said:

Stop with hyperbole. Cal fans have their pct. of aholes just like SC. In fact you have mea culpas in other threads from your own ilk.


Background story checks out, TDub is definitely a SC alumnus or fan. He either can't count or overinflates the number of objects when counting.

There are not multiple mea culpas re being boorish Cal fans, there is just the single one from me. Similarly, there are not multiple threads where Cal fans have apologized for such behavior. Again, there was just the one mea culpa from me in that one thread.
Uh huh...because this is the first year this topic has ever been discussed.

bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TDub said:

01Bear said:

TDub said:

Stop with hyperbole. Cal fans have their pct. of aholes just like SC. In fact you have mea culpas in other threads from your own ilk.


Background story checks out, TDub is definitely a SC alumnus or fan. He either can't count or overinflates the number of objects when counting.

There are not multiple mea culpas re being boorish Cal fans, there is just the single one from me. Similarly, there are not multiple threads where Cal fans have apologized for such behavior. Again, there was just the one mea culpa from me in that one thread.
Uh huh...because this is the first year this topic has ever been discussed.





Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TDub said:

Uh huh...because this is the first year this topic has ever been discussed.




So we're moving the goalposts now? Are we opening up the field to include all threads from the befinning of time to the present? If so, then you just migjt be right. If not, then please provide the links to the multiple threads and multiple mea culpas from this board.
TDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
01Bear said:

TDub said:

Uh huh...because this is the first year this topic has ever been discussed.




So we're moving the goalposts now? Are we opening up the field to include all threads from the befinning of time to the present? If so, then you just migjt be right. If not, then please provide the links to the multiple threads and multiple mea culpas from this board.
I am right that's why you're so focused on the semantics.
hanky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whatever happened to TrojanAl? Every time SC rolls around I wonder what happened to that guy. I am slightly ashamed to admit this but he was my favorite SC poster.
TDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hanky1 said:

Whatever happened to TrojanAl? Every time SC rolls around I wonder what happened to that guy. I am slightly ashamed to admit this but he was my favorite SC poster.
I believe he and BostonTrojan eloped.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hanky1 said:

Whatever happened to TrojanAl? Every time SC rolls around I wonder what happened to that guy. I am slightly ashamed to admit this but he was my favorite SC poster.


He took a bullet standing in line to buy condoms, Zig Zags and malt liquor at a liquor store near Felix Chevrolet. Died on a Corn Nuts display.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TDub said:

I am right that's why you're so focused on the semantics.


Arguments are entirely dependent upon how they're phrased (i.e., semantics). I addressed the argument you made and demonstrated how it was in error. You tried to argue you were right by moving the goalposts. I called you out on your BS. You respinded with this asinine comment.

Your failure to express yourself as you would wish does not mean you're right, it just means you're a typical ignorant SC fan.

TDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
01Bear said:

TDub said:

I am right that's why you're so focused on the semantics.


Arguments are entirely dependent upon how they're phrased (i.e., semantics). I addressed the argument you made and demonstrated how it was in error. You tried to argue you were right by moving the goalposts. I called you out on your BS. You respinded with this asinine comment.

Your failure to express yourself as you would wish does not mean you're right, it just means you're a typical ignorant SC fan.


Memo to Professor Plum...

It's.
A.
Message.
Board.

BearsWiin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TDub said:

hanky1 said:

TDub said:

hanky1 said:

I was there. I remember rushing the field afterwards.

My greatest memory was seeing a sea of Bear fans on the field and a lone USC couple next to me. As we made our way out the stadium the SC couple also walked out with the Cal fans. I was behind them the entire time and not once did anyone heckle them or say a disparaging thing about them.

Sometimes you see SC fans complaining about Cal but I swear they just make that shieet up...it's like being treated poorly by Cal fans is a badge of honor for them.

I've always also wondered what happened to the goal post. It was paraded down Bancroft for a while but I'm not sure where it ended up. Someone told me Kips but I've also heard that some Frat took it.


Stop with hyperbole. Cal fans have their pct. of aholes just like SC. In fact you have mea culpas in other threads from your own ilk.


The story about the SC couple is true. Thousands of Cal fans surrounded them and no one gave them a hard time. You think if the situation were reverse SC fans would have behaved with the same class and dignity as Cal fans? LOL he!ll no
I'm not denying your anecdotal evidence, however, let's not pretend that your fan base is akin to Nebraska fan. Bearswiin can back this up...one of our ahole fans tried to be a dick to him and he was put in check.
Samsson just needed to grow the hell up and learn the difference between real life and the internet. That was 2006. In 2004 some pushy broad insisted that I buy a Trojan keychain from her (I bought two), and I recall some of you tried to shut her down for harassing me. Both incidents were pretty minor, easy to laugh/shake off, but yeah, the weSCare people policed their own. I did see Cal fans getting harassed on the way back to the car after the 2004 game (I parked in the structure by the water polo complex).

Cal historically has a bad reputation with visiting fans, not just USC, and I think it's because the stadium lies near Frat Row, and visitors to the southern end zone visiting section usually approach and leave the stadium through these neighborhoods. Alcohol, rivalry, and pack behavior make this a less then entirely welcoming environment. I can't think of any other conference stadiums where fans have to run the gauntlet of frat houses to and from the game.
01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TDub said:


Memo to Professor Plum...

It's.
A.
Message.
Board.




Logical reasoning and sound arguments apply everywhere. The only caveat might be when engaged in a discussion with the illogical and/or the insipid (e.g., SC trolls).
Page 1 of 1
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.