Can some great American please make an extended highlights video?

3,691 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sycasey
johngalenhoward
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or post links to others here. Preferably including as much of the postgame celebration as possible...
johngalenhoward
Bump. Need highlights. Im starting to get the shakes.
Another Bear

Another Bear
BearGreg
Staff
Find end of game and celebration video Here
TouchedTheAxeIn82
I think JGH is looking for something like back in the old days.

(I think Danzig made this video, but I couldn't find it on his own channel. This is a re-post.)
01Bear
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

(I think Danzig made this video, but I couldn't find it on his own channel. This is a re-post.)

Man, I miss healthy Nate Longshore.
concordtom
Thx
TouchedTheAxeIn82
Not a true highlights video, I put together more of an extended synopsis of all the stuff that happened in the game. It's kind of long.

Youngbearcub89
And if anybody could make one for the Oregon State game too, that would be much appreciated. I don't have access to P12 network and would like to watch, well, the whole game actually, but highlights would be nice.
CannonBlast
This is awesome! This is why I'm one of your loyal subscribers!
LunchTime
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

Man, IMHO those Longshore games between Tennessee2006 and Oregon2007 were the best Cal football got. 2004 was great, and Rodgers was a great QB, but ******* those were just great teams. Great offense, great defense.

I dont think Longshore gets nearly enough credit.
Calcoholic
Damn, that '06 team was speedy and athletic.
Youngbearcub89
Calcoholic said:

Damn, that '06 team was speedy and athletic.
I frequently find myself doing the old "If only this year's team had that year's offense but this year's defense" game...which is of course completely unproductive...
TouchedTheAxeIn82
Incredible. My highlights video is blocked, on a claim by the Pac-12 Network. Does the problem I have with this claim immediately jump out at you?

This game was broadcast on ESPN. :rolleyes: I filed a dispute with YouTube. This has happened once before. I posted a video of Jahvid Best's long TD run against UCLA in 2009. A few years later it was taken down on a claim by the NFL. :rolleyes: I filed a dispute and that video was restored a few days later. We'll see how this goes.
YamhillBear
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

Incredible. My highlights video is blocked, on a claim by the Pac-12 Network. Does the problem I have with this claim immediately jump out at you?

This game was broadcast on ESPN. :rolleyes: I filed a dispute with YouTube. This has happened once before. I posted a video of Jahvid Best's long TD run against UCLA in 2009. A few years later it was taken down on a claim by the NFL. :rolleyes: I filed a dispute and that video was restored a few days later. We'll see how this goes.

Interesting. Although I wonder if Pac-12 networks has the rights after the initial broadcast by ESPN, being that Pac-12 networks does reruns of some games later in the week... I'll be interested to see what happens..
CannonBlast
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

Perhaps they can't stand the fact that you already had more views on your video than they had for one of their football games.
phatskwurl
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

God I hate the pac 12 network, they can't be bothered to make decent highlight videos longer than 2 minutes and then they block anyone who does
Redonkulous Bear
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

F'in garbage!

Post it up to streamable.com so you don't have to deal with this crap:

http://www.streamable.com

Max is 10 minutes or 1GB

Vimeo or gfycat might work too
http://i.imgur.com/mNs8KsU.jpg
johngalenhoward
I knew I could count on Touchedtheaxein82.... complete b.s. from P12! Hopefully they unblock and/or you can find another streaming host. Big thanks for putting in the time
TouchedTheAxeIn82
Aaaaaaaaand, we're back. So as I expected, my ESPN-sourced video, blocked by the Pac-12 Network, has been restored.

OK, there's no Cal game this weekend, so why don't you watch a 35-minute version of the USC game instead?

TouchedTheAxeIn82
So there's a little more to the story. As I mentioned above, this was an ESPN broadcast, but my video got blocked by the Pac-12 Network, because they are super aggressive (similar to the NFL) about going after any video posted from one of their broadcasts. So the video got blocked on Wednesday, within hours of my posting it. I filed a dispute that evening, saying very clearly that this was footage from an ESPN broadcast. Very quickly on Thursday morning I got this e-mail:

Wow, after "reviewing your dispute" they still decided that they had a valid claim. SMH. Actually, I didn't see this e-mail until today, Friday, so I clicked on the blue "View claim details" button in the e-mail to see their response, and I get this:

So after a more thorough(?) review of the facts, I guess they realized it was a false claim. SMH + :rolleyes:

These guys are so frickin' lame. The Pac-12 Network is the ONLY network I've ever had problems with for college football clips. I've never had an issue with ABC/ESPN, or Fox. (Oh whoops, as I mentioned, I had an incident with the NFL once, too). The amazing thing about this is that the Pac-12 Network has the least coverage around the country - you'd think that they would WANT people to see great clips from the channel so that they would demand that their service provider carry the network. But they've been so incompetent, I guess it's not a surprise.

KenBurnski
Nicely edited and a great watch. Thanks TTA for your hard work making that!
sycasey
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

This was absolutely the best Cal football highlights video I have ever seen. I think it was done by the athletic department. For a brief period in 2006-07 they were doing them for every Cal win.

This one for Cal-Tennessee also rivals it.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.