Colorado Game Time Predictions

3,338 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 01Bear
cal93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thoughts on game time?
ColoradoBear
Should be announced tomorrow if Matt Sarz is right about the number of 6 day holds being zero.
Another Bear
I'm guessing night game, just because.
ColoradoBear
Another Bear said:

Yeah, I wasn't going to look at the windows until tomorrow, but I just did - ESPN2 has an opening at 730p and FS1 has 8p (Pacific). BYU @ Utah and Az v ASU are both mountain time and Note Dame @ USC is too big of a national draw.

So that leaves Furd @ UCLA and CU @ Cal as the night games by default.

It would be really great if ESPN picked up ND @ USC in the night slot just to talk about how bad USC has been this year for hours.
sycasey
Well, we'll freeze our asses off, but at least we'll be able to celebrate going to a bowl game.
HighlandDutch
sycasey said:

Well, we'll freeze our asses off, but at least we'll be able to celebrate going to a bowl game.
That night game ending the 2015 season against ASU was the coldest I've ever been at CMS...fun game, though.
01Bear
ColoradoBear said:

Another Bear said:

Yeah, I wasn't going to look at the windows until tomorrow, but I just did - ESPN2 has an opening at 730p and FS1 has 8p (Pacific). BYU @ Utah and Az v ASU are both mountain time and Note Dame @ USC is too big of a national draw.

It would be really great if ESPN picked up ND @ USC in the night slot just to talk about how bad USC has been this year for hours.

Doesn't NBC have the broadcast rights to Notre Dame games? If so, doesn't that open up a slot for ESPN et al.?
ColoradoBear
01Bear said:

ColoradoBear said:

Another Bear said:

Doesn't NBC have the broadcast rights to Notre Dame games? If so, doesn't that open up a slot for ESPN et al.?

NBC only has rights to ND home games. This game is @USC and falls under the Pac 12 tv contract.
socaliganbear
ColoradoBear said:

Another Bear said:

I knew you'd come thru with your TV time slot breakdown!
HighlandDutch
It's 4:00 on Pac-12 Network.

sycasey
Won't have to freeze our asses off! Yay!
Another Bear
Okay then...maybe it rains. We need it.
ColoradoBear
HighlandDutch said:

Interesting. ESPN passed on a night game - Matt Sarz says on his blog that they only used 21 of 22 p12 selections. Wonder what they will show that night?

FS1 moved their late night window so Utah/BYU starts at 8pm MT local, which also required shuffling and shortening the windows for earlier games. The game before will probably run well over 3 hrs...

In the end that looks about how optimal scheduling should go every weekend. Spread out over the day, and only one 7pm Pacific kick.

Also, 4pm is late enough that maybe some students will roll back into town for the game after the holiday. Or is that wishful thinking?
TheFiatLux
HighlandDutch said:

I'll be in London so that means a midnight kickoff, which is doable!
TheFiatLux
ColoradoBear said:

HighlandDutch said:

Also, 4pm is late enough that maybe some students will roll back into town for the game after the holiday. Or is that wishful thinking?

Not a chance. Completely wishful thinking.
01Bear
Does anyone know if this means the game will be broadcast on the regional network only or if it will be broadcast nationally?
sycasey
01Bear said:

Does anyone know if this means the game will be broadcast on the regional network only or if it will be broadcast nationally?

Should be on the national PAC-12 network feed. The only reason it wouldn't be is that there are other games on at the same time. Stanford-UCLA shouldn't run more than 4 hours.
BearSD
ColoradoBear said:

Interesting. ESPN passed on a night game - Matt Sarz says on his blog that they only used 21 of 22 p12 selections. Wonder what they will show that night?

FS1 moved their late night window so Utah/BYU starts at 8pm MT local, which also required shuffling and shortening the windows for earlier games. The game before will probably run well over 3 hrs...
ESPN is airing Sports Center on the main channel at that time, and Mountain West games on ESPN2 and ESPNU. They wouldn't have been able to start a game before 7:30 PT on ESPN, which means the games in Utah and Arizona were off the table. Agreed that FS1 won't have the first 30-60 minutes of BYU-Utah, because they have a Big 12 game that starts at 4 pm PT.
01Bear
sycasey said:

01Bear said:

Should be on the national PAC-12 network feed. The only reason it wouldn't be is that there are other games on at the same time. Stanford-UCLA shouldn't run more than 4 hours.

Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.