Post game analysis from USC

9,719 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bear19
OneTopOneChickenApple
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Just a little credit given to Cal
HoopDreams
must see tv
GATC
Thank you. That's was really enjoyable.
kjkbear
Plenty of credit given to Wilcox. This is one of the worst SC teams since Larry Smith. Cal won by a single point playing almost a perfect game. That goes to show just how hard it is for Cal to beat SC. This is such an absolutely wonderful win words don't do it justice
socaltownie
This is simply heart warming in the extreme. U$C is so entitled, so stuck up, so smug. And when they lose....it is GLORIOUS.
joe amos yaks
Is this a Coach Helton pre-mortem? Coach Helton seems to be acting like a shrinking violet.

$usC is undisciplined and unfocused. They were outplayed for 3/4.

If the $troy-boyzs focus less on talking trash and more on getting better at doing what they are paid to do with their ample talent they might improve their game.

Call in xCoach PC for a consultation.

Oh, Gawd . . . go Irish!
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
Another Bear
I want to see some analysis that Cal got under U$C's skin and ef'ed with their heads. The $C DBs certainly lost their sh*t. $C was expecting a win. Sure seems like Wilcox was ready and played them.

Anyone look at the Toejam fb forums to see how miserable they are?
grumpybear
Cry baby
grumpybear
usc crybaby, that is...
ducky23
Hold UW to 10? From the UW perspective, it's all about how poorly they played

Hold WSU to 19? From the WSU perspective, it's all about how poorly they played

Hold sc to 14? From the sc perspective, it's all about how poorly they played

At some point, maybe, just maybe, teams will realize we are exerting our will on them and making these games ugly on purpose. cause god knows it's the only way we can win.
Sebastabear
Fantastic. The sputtering old man outrage. It's like the nectar of the gods. So sweet. Could drink it in all day.
RighteousGoldenBear
Another Bear said:

BI want to see some analysis that Cal got under U$C's skin and ef'ed with their heads. The $C DBs certainly lost their sh*t. $C was expecting a win. Sure seems like Wilcox was ready and played them.

I've been reading their board while having breakfast. It's been a good morning.

https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?forums/trojan-huddle.2/
calgldnbear
To some degree, the opponents can blame their own poor or lackluster performance on a bad result/showing, but to simply NOT give credit to another team and their game plan, effort, talent, and heart is ridiculous

This guy has only a few simple thoughts in his head

U$C is supposed to be good and should win

Cal is nobody, has no talent, and shouldn't

What a fool
tequila4kapp
That was beautiful.
bearister
My pregame advice to a UCLA fan who was placing a couple of wagers on the game: 1. The aggregate score could well be less than 30 points; 2. Cal's defense will pick U$C's inexperienced QB. The outcome of the game was no shock.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
RighteousGoldenBear said:

Another Bear said:

BI want to see some analysis that Cal got under U$C's skin and ef'ed with their heads. The $C DBs certainly lost their sh*t. $C was expecting a win. Sure seems like Wilcox was ready and played them.

Hahaha...yes that's a gold mine of hilarity. I found this one, regarding Marshall, the kid who jawed at Cal on the sideline, got a 15 yard penalty. Says Cal OWNS U$C.

Quote:

Ok, a teachable moment here I should use. Listen up, pay attention to this: One of the worst things an athlete can have is " rabbit ears." Again listen carefully OP: never ****ing ever let your opponent know his words are getting to you. We learn this in Pee Wee sports. You may hear it but you don't show that you heard it. Makes no difference the sport, once you start letting the opposing bench get to you and they know they are getting to you, you're done. Golf, ice skating, baseball, tennis, act like you are stone deaf.

https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?threads/pac12-refs-are-bad-has-there-ever-been-a-penalty-for-talking-to-an-opponent.56399/

march2397
Thanks. That was great!

University of Spoiled Children - and now sour OF's.
burritos
Poor guy.
sketchy9
This is a great post:

https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?threads/so-frustrated-our-kids-are-so-spoiled-and-bratty-thats-not-on-helton.56290/

Complaining that USC players are spoiled and bratty is like complaining that water is wet. Fools.
bencgilmore
Another Bear said:

I want to see some analysis that Cal got under U$C's skin and ef'ed with their heads. The $C DBs certainly lost their sh*t. $C was expecting a win. Sure seems like Wilcox was ready and played them.

a mix of very very miserable and some level headedness. as you'd expect they mostly focus on usc losing it and not cal winning it, but our D is getting some love from them (esp on reddit, but a little on wearesc).

they also want Tedford. its the name i've been seeing as Helton's replacement more consistently than any others (aren't a lot of big names being thrown around for once)
sycasey
Another Bear said:

RighteousGoldenBear said:

Another Bear said:

Hahaha...yes that's a gold mine of hilarity. I found this one, regarding Marshall, the kid who jawed at Cal on the sideline, got a 15 yard penalty. Says Cal OWNS U$C.

Quote:

Ok, a teachable moment here I should use. Listen up, pay attention to this: One of the worst things an athlete can have is " rabbit ears." Again listen carefully OP: never ****ing ever let your opponent know his words are getting to you. We learn this in Pee Wee sports. You may hear it but you don't show that you heard it. Makes no difference the sport, once you start letting the opposing bench get to you and they know they are getting to you, you're done. Golf, ice skating, baseball, tennis, act like you are stone deaf.

https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?threads/pac12-refs-are-bad-has-there-ever-been-a-penalty-for-talking-to-an-opponent.56399/

Yup, he ain't wrong.
drizzlybears brother
More old white men too rigid to evolve. A remark I try not to resemble.
510 Bear
It's not just the guy on the right. Sideline reporter girl on the left leads with "this was an embarrassing performance for USC" and clearly can't imagine USC losing to us. So funny.
ducky23
SadbutTrue999 said:

Another Bear said:

a mix of very very miserable and some level headedness. as you'd expect they mostly focus on usc losing it and not cal winning it, but our D is getting some love from them (esp on reddit, but a little on wearesc).

they also want Tedford. its the name i've been seeing as Helton's replacement more consistently than any others (aren't a lot of big names being thrown around for once)

Yeah I've been seeing tedford, leach, Carroll and even Wilcox

Lol to all of those names. Maybe Carroll if he's fired. But all those other names are completely happy where they are and it's just sc arrogance that they believe all it would take is a phone call to get any of them.

If I were usc, I'd start looking at unethical dudes who can win like Orgeron, gundy, stoops or les miles. I honestly don't see a high profile coach with integrity leaving a good situation for sc
socalBear23
kjkbear said:

Plenty of credit given to Wilcox. This is one of the worst SC teams since Larry Smith. Cal won by a single point playing almost a perfect game. That goes to show just how hard it is for Cal to beat SC. This is such an absolutely wonderful win words don't do it justice

Call a questionable hold on us but not them, 14 point swing. Knee is clearly down, another 7 point swing. So yes we won by 1, but it could have easily been 15-0.
HoopDreams
at least they have a sense of humor ...

https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?threads/toa-post-game-i-didnt-think-it-was-that-bad-of-a-snap-just-a-bit-high.56340/

PalyBear
Love the Tojam OP's last few words. So spoiled. . .

"It's like the referees didn't want to see USC win there, the referees just had to be the focal point of the game and give the game away to the team they wanted to see win. We really need Mike Garrett back, he was right everyone is jealous of us. "
79 Bear
Speaking of referees, the other thing they do not acknowledge is the fact that Garbers ran the ball down to the one foot line but it was called back due to a very spurious holding call that even one of the SC commentators last night said was very iffy. On top of that, the so-called fumble by Garbers also went against us and those were our longest plays in the first half.
hanky1
I love seeing the grumpy old man. lol

joe amos yaks
". . . maybe Carroll if he's fired. But all those other names are completely happy where they are and it's just sc arrogance that they believe all it would take is a phone call to get any of them.

If I were usc, I'd start looking at unethical dudes who can win like Orgeron, gundy, stoops or les miles. I honestly don't see a high profile coach with integrity leaving a good situation for sc . . . "

Maybe they'll hire Coach Sarkisian from Bama for his "dream job".
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
HungryCalBear
OneTopOneChickenApple said:

Just a little credit given to Cal
"Cal wasn't going to score ... Cal won't win this game ... Cal can't win this game ..."

Sore loser ha ha
KenBurnski
She must have been sloshed from the booze and loser vapors coming off the old dude by the end of the interview.

-I like that she calls their coach "The Helton."

-The old dude spends a lot of time saying that Cal can't do anything on offense and then dismisses the success Cal had on offense as failures by USC. This suggests to me that despite the message of the video, that these dopes STILL don't realize that they were outsmarted by a better coach. And outplayed by guys with better football IQ. Total loser mindset. Did he mention player youth at any point? That was the only missing element from this Loser Gettysburg Address

-I'm glad we beat them. We win again next year too. But by a lot more points.
cal83dls79
510 Bear said:

It's not just the guy on the right. Sideline reporter girl on the left leads with "this was an embarrassing performance for USC" and clearly can't imagine USC losing to us. So funny.
I caught that too.
Cal84
>Hold UW to 10? From the UW perspective, it's all about how poorly they played
Hold WSU to 19? From the WSU perspective, it's all about how poorly they played
Hold sc to 14? From the sc perspective, it's all about how poorly they played<

It's better that way. They don't take us seriously. They think they just fix some simple errors on their part. We fly under the radar. It's all good.
kirklandblue
Ugh- just the sour look on his face was fun at first but then all the moaning and bellyaching, by an adult, got too embarrassing to continue too watch. Blechhh! Couldn't finish it, but thanks for posting!!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.