Big Game

1,001 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BearBoarBlarney
GoOskie
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The last Cal game my dad enjoyed was the last time Cal beat Stanford. Nov 21, 2009. He passed away
suddenly from a heart attack the following Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. He was a good, kind man.
A special person who's death left me devastated. He absolutely loved his Golden Bears.

This years Cal Bears are special. They deserve it. They've earned it. I feel really good about Saturday.

Go Bears!
NVBear78
Thanks for sharing, and I agree about this year's team.

Go Bears!
BearBoarBlarney
@GoOskie Sorry to hear of your beloved Dad's sudden and untimely passing. I hope the passage of time has eased the devastation you felt and helped put a golden-tinged glow on those great memories you created with him.

I will say this: your Dad got to enjoy one last epic Big Game 'W.' That Mike Mohamed INT is one of the all-time great Big Game moments. I hope that was a game that you got to share with him!

Posts like yours remind me of how much I enjoy the multi-generational nature of college sports in general and Cal football in particular. Thanks for that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.