McIlwain could play at WR?

2,158 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sosheezy
calfan2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hadn't seen any reference to this yet here on the boards:

https://collegesportsmaven.io/cal/news/cal-football-could-brandon-mcilwain-play-in-big-game-at-wideout-jcWP3UJYrUO6O0umh0-UYw/

Rushinbear
calfan2010 said:

Hadn't seen any reference to this yet here on the boards:

https://collegesportsmaven.io/cal/news/cal-football-could-brandon-mcilwain-play-in-big-game-at-wideout-jcWP3UJYrUO6O0umh0-UYw/

Not from the staff, if that's what you mean, but I've been promoting the idea for at least two months...repeatedly.
orindabear74
Wr's fumble too. Please keep him on the sidelines.
calumnus
orindabear74 said:

His main issue is interceptions. The fumbles were either getting hit blindside preparing to throw or running up the middle against 11 in the box. Garbers and Laird have some of those too.

The argument against playing him at QB or even RB is sound, but if he can catch stretch the defense and can catch a deep ball we should definitely play him at WR, if only for that purpose.
Econ141
Can someone help me here - what should I advise my friend who is flying in tomorrow. Should I just tell him to cancel his flight?
Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
bearister
fat_slice said:

Can someone help me here - what should I advise my friend who is flying in tomorrow. Should I just tell him to cancel his flight?

Just because McIlwain is playing WR?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Bear19
orindabear74 said:

Respectfully disagree. Since the coaches are evaluating McIlwain at WR, given his speed & running back ability, he could provide a missing element that our offense sorely needs: a legitimate deep threat. That would help open up the running game as well as give Garbers an additional target to throw to.
Bear19
fat_slice said:

Is the ticket refundable? Would he used it for another trip? It's anyone's guess as to whether or not the game will be cancelled at this point.
bear2034
Bear19 said:

fat_slice said:

Is the ticket refundable? Would he used it for another trip? It's anyone's guess as to whether or not the game will be cancelled at this point.
When the weatherman says there's a 50% chance of rain, isn't he just saying it will either rain or not? I could have told you that.

Golden One
Bear19 said:

Since the coaches are evaluating McIlwain at WR, given his speed & running back ability, he could provide a missing element that our offense sorely needs: a legitimate deep threat.
To be a legitimate deep threat, he has to have a QB who can throw deep with reasonable accuracy. Thus far, Garbers has demonstrated no ability to do that
sosheezy
I think all this McIlwain at WR talk is just a smokescreen
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.