OT: Les Miles to Kansas

2,711 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 59bear
510 Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/kansas-former-lsu-coach-les-miles-finalizing-details-of-agreement-to-lead-jayhawks/

How's that for an interesting coaching move? Goodness....
Strykur
510 Bear said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/kansas-former-lsu-coach-les-miles-finalizing-details-of-agreement-to-lead-jayhawks/

How's that for an interesting coaching move? Goodness....

Kansas needs a real kick in the balls to get out of its now decade-long slump, so this will certainly get things going.
Cal84
You win 2 SEC championships and a national title, and the best follow up job you can get is the worst P5 coaching job in the nation...
calgldnbear
Maybe his thought process is .... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!
NYCGOBEARS
calgldnbear said:

Maybe his thought process is .... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!

More likely... $ ACCEPTED!!!!
Another Bear
He's been out of coaching for awhile. I wonder who his staff is, OC, DC, etc. That's likely what will determine if he wins or not.
KenBurnski
He seems like the type of guy that takes a dump with the bathroom door open, and laughs at his wife when she makes an "ooooh stinky" face from the odor.
NYCGOBEARS
KenBurnski said:

He seems like the type of guy that takes a dump with the bathroom door open, and laughs at his wife when she makes an "ooooh stinky" face from the odor.

Hey now... don't judge.
KenBurnski
Never. We always smell our own.
UrsaMajor
it is testament to JW that the trolls on this site haven't said that not KU, but Cal is the worst P5 job in the country.
Another Bear
KenBurnski said:

Could be worse. He could pull a LBJ and have cabinet meeting while he's taking that dump...door open or closed. Now there's a war story no one wants to tell.
59bear
Cal84 said:

You win 2 SEC championships and a national title, and the best follow up job you can get is the worst P5 coaching job in the nation...
I might be inclined to remove the "P5" qualifier. Kansas is a job that would make Sisyphus blanch. Why a man at Miles' age would give up a $4 million dollar annuity to take it on boggles the mind, especially with the USC job seeming about to be on the market.
Cal84
I don't think the Toejams would go with Miles. Firstly, the Toejams problems require a fix on the offensive side. That is Miles' weakness. Second you have the SuCs strong tendency to go with alumni in their hiring process in order to keep that inbred sort of thing going. Lastly Miles has no West Coast recruiting background, whereas the B12 is where he started. Still, you'd think he'd be able to find a better landing spot. As I mentioned in a prior thread, Kansas' 2019 recruiting class has one, yes *ONE*, recruit. That's a mighty steep hill to climb....
59bear
Cal84 said:

I don't think the Toejams would go with Miles. Firstly, the Toejams problems require a fix on the offensive side. That is Miles' weakness. Second you have the SuCs strong tendency to go with alumni in their hiring process in order to keep that inbred sort of thing going. Lastly Miles has no West Coast recruiting background, whereas the B12 is where he started. Still, you'd think he'd be able to find a better landing spot. As I mentioned in a prior thread, Kansas' 2019 recruiting class has one, yes *ONE*, recruit. That's a mighty steep hill to climb....
Yeah, I don't really believe USC would have any interest in him but I couldn't resist the opportunity to contrast one of the worst jobs in college sports with one generally perceived as one of the best.
NYCGOBEARS
59bear said:

Cal84 said:

Yeah, I don't really believe USC would have any interest in him but I couldn't resist the opportunity to contrast one of the worst jobs in college sports with one generally perceived as one of the best.

I'm in doubt as to how good the job at SC really is. They lucked into Cheatey Pete but otherwise have had crappy coaches for a long time.
Gkhoury2325
NYCGOBEARS said:

59bear said:

Cal84 said:

I'm in doubt as to how good the job at SC really is. They lucked into Cheatey Pete but otherwise have had crappy coaches for a long time.

I completely agree with you NYC., other than Pete Carrol they have poor coaches there for many years.
calumnus
Gkhoury2325 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

59bear said:

Cal84 said:

I completely agree with you NYC., other than Pete Carrol they have poor coaches there for many years.

Just because they made bad hiring decisions does not mean it was a bad job.

However, I think it was a great job when there were no NFL teams in LA making SC the default pro team in a media center. Still a great job and better job than Kansas.

Pete Carrol was a good model for them: a name guy with NFL HC experience (record does not matter), media savvy, player friendly...
59bear
calumnus said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

59bear said:

Cal84 said:

Absolutely it is a great job opportunity. It is one of a half dozen or so iconic brands in the college game with a dominant position in a huge talent pool and enough cachet to recruit nationally as well. That they have stumbled with their hires has more to do with the administration's myopia than with the quality of the position.

However, I think it was a great job when there were no NFL teams in LA making SC the default pro team in a media center. Still a great job and better job than Kansas.

Pete Carrol was a good model for them: a name guy with NFL HC experience (record does not matter), media savvy, player friendly...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.