Wife Strong ROBBED by WEAK COWARD

2,954 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FuzzyWuzzy
Cal Strong!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
About 30 minutes ago a Cairene taxi driver seized Wife Strong's wallet while she was getting out of the cab. She holding Baby Strong at the time. Cal Strong not there.

If this weak coward evades justice, as he likely will, then Cal Strong prays that God forgives him.

If he should be forced to face justice, then Cal Strong would very much prefer that it be dispensed by Cal Strong, rather than by police.

May his eternal soul find mercy. May his mortal body find Cal Strong.
heartofthebear
That's messed up
Taking advantage of a mother with baby
TomBear
So sorry to hear that Cal Strong. But your concern about "justice" and forgiveness is stronger than the person who robbed her......very strong.

I hope that fair justice is served, and that forgiveness leads, somehow, to transformation.

I also hope this doesn't affect Mrs. Strong too much. Being robbed is traumatic. It may take a different kind of strength to feel confident going out again.
calbear80
Cal Strong, really sorry to hear this. A taxi drivers stealing wallet of a mother with baby, yes, very much a coward.

I will be in Cairo in February for a tour of Egypt and this worries me.

Go Bears!

P.S. Cal Strong, if we are in Cairo at the same time, can I buy you a cup of tea or coffee?
Cal Strong!
Cal Strong very tired now, but wants to briefly thank STRONG posters heartofthebear, TomBear, and calbear80 for strong and encouraging posts. I know Wife Strong appreciate them.

Most of time, Strong Family feel pretty safe in Cairo. Cal Strong do some politically sensitive work, advocating for political rights of religious minorities and working to bring opposing factions together in MENA. So he usually watched pretty closely by secret police. But in this case Wife Strong get out of Taxi around the block instead of outside of villa where police post up. Not smartest move, but she have a lot on plate right now. Cairo can wear on even very strong bears after a while. Wife Strong doing much better now. Replacing credit cards and drivers license never fun. But she on top of this. Weak cowards no match for strength of Wife Strong.

Calbear80 -- please PM Cal Strong your dates. Unless we get kicked out of country, TribeStrong intend to be in Cairo all of February. We return from Australia in late January. We have calbear80 over for dinner. Best coffee in Egypt served in Tribe Strong's lair. We can also get calbear80 into some restricted sites if you interested.

KenBurnski
I'm so sorry to hear this, CS. Sending love to her, you and the little dude.

I was once robbed in a bar as part of an actual takeover stickup. Nothing is more humbling and violating than men with guns telling you how to behave.
digitcallous
Sorry about what happened to your wife and child. I'm not a seasoned traveler, but I was in Spain a few months ago where I took taxis a few times. Each time I paid the driver while I was still in the cab. It was not a premeditated thing; now thinking about it that was probably a good thing I did.
Bear19
Tribe STRONG prevailing over weak coward. Cal STRONG STRONG demonstrates true strength in protecting Baby STRONG. Cal STRONG STRONG is smart, resourceful, courageous: Protects Baby STRONG & herself when threatened by weak coward. MOST STRENGTH POSSIBLE - MAXIMUM STRENGTH.

Weak coward not worth even the slightest merci in this, yet Cal STRONG prays for coward's soul. That is maximum strength too.

Weak coward gets paper, plastic & lives a miserable life. Even furdie tree stronger than that. Shamed by Tribe Strong. Miserable life & being shamed by Tribe Strong like hot coals on weak coward.

Cal STRONG STRONG will choose her own time to heal from trauma. That is even more strength. Thank you for sharing this so we can offer what support is possible on BI.
510 Bear
Cal Strong and family will get through this, but I'm sorry you guys have to.
going4roses
Whoa thats punk shhh
bearister
Lucky you were not there because your instinct would have been to resist and cabby would have plunged a dagger into your heart and never been charged.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Fyght4Cal
So sorry to hear about this deplorable act. My prayers for Mrs. Strong as she deals with this ordeal. Also for the thief, who surely needs spiritual help. My prayers for you as you do God's work. And, of course, my prayers for Baby Strong, as he begins his life's journey.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
upsetof86
Ur in Egypt I can't sympathize too much sorry.
CALiforniALUM
Sounds like wife STRONG could use a STRONG shot of something (hope you've found a STRONG vendor of alcoholic beverages in your neighborhood - most neighborhoods in that part of world are WEAK in this area)
NVBear78
So sorry to hear this news CalStrong but glad your wife and baby were not harmed. It also sounds like you are doing much needed and challenging work in Egypt and I applaud you for that. Having traveled to Israel and Jordan earlier this year I have a much greater appreciation and understanding for your circumstances.

Looperbear
Sorry to hear this Strong. I know how you feel. My wife pregnant with 2 kids at Target got her purse stolen. She didn't even tell me because I was in a trial. It was over 15 years ago but reading your post renewed my rage.
FuzzyWuzzy

That sucks but thank goodness your wife and child were not hurt. You will both look back on this years from now and will only feel gratitude that your loved ones were not hurt. Driver's licenses, credit cards and pocket money will mean absolutely nothing. The desire for vengeance will also dissipate completely.

I was once carjacked with the point of a gun to my head (literally). While it shook me up, I was not physically hurt and frankly I am glad it was me and not my spouse or children.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.