Is Helton Done?

11,585 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wifeisafurd
TheSouseFamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why in the world would James Franklin leave Penn State for USC? Penn Stafe is a much bigger job with a bigger brand; bigger fan base, higher revenue and plays in a better conference.
packawana
For that matter why would John Harbaugh take that job?

That said if they pick up Dino Babers I would be very scared. He hasn't had the talent that SC has and his offense at Syracuse is ridiculous.
TouchedTheAxeIn82
okaydo
I mean , he makes sense

calbear80
USC is currently looking for a new president after a scandal tarnished the current president.

AD Lynn Swann needs the top administrators' support and approval for firing/hiring a new head football coach (which is the second most visiable position at USC after the President). Additionally, I have read somewhere that Lynn Swann has a personal relationship with Clay Helton.

So, Helton not being fired now does not mean he is getting an endorsement. He is on a very short leash.

All it means is that no one at USC wants to make a multi-million dollar decision now on a new Football head coach until a new USC president is hired.

That mess/indecision is great for Cal and the rest of Pac-12.

Now, let's go get some of their recruits.

Go Bears!

P.S. UCLA having a pathetic season despite having hired an expensive high-profile Chip Kelly really helped Clay Helton getting a little more time. If Chip Kelly had a 9-3 or better season, Helton would have already been gone.
Golden One
calbear80 said:

AD Lynn Swann needs the top administrators' support and approval for firing/hiring a new head football coach (which is the second most visiable position at USC after the President).

Correction: At SC, the head football coach is more a more visible position than the President. MUCH more visible.
wifeisafurd
calbear80 said:

USC is currently looking for a new president after a scandal tarnished the current president.

AD Lynn Swann needs the top administrators' support and approval for firing/hiring a new head football coach (which is the second most visiable position at USC after the President). Additionally, I have read somewhere that Lynn Swann has a personal relationship with Clay Helton.

So, Helton not being fired now does not mean he is getting an endorsement. He is on a very short leash.

All it means is that no one at USC wants to make a multi-million dollar decision now on a new Football head coach until a new USC president is hired.

That mess/indecision is great for Cal and the rest of Pac-12.

Now, let's go get some of their recruits.

Go Bears!

P.S. UCLA having a pathetic season despite having hired an expensive high-profile Chip Kelly really helped Clay Helton getting a little more time. If Chip Kelly had a 9-3 or better season, Helton would have already been gone.

SC fans are pissed. But I have to agree with this post, and say I'm surprised. Perhaps Swan and Helton are left on a tarmac once a new President is named.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.