waay too soon, wilcox services in play?

1,870 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by socaliganbear
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
says here, NO, you can't have him. so the problem is solved, right?

(because bears need something worse to worry about, besides smoke)

# deep pockets
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
SoFlaBear
It depends how the season plays out. If we end 8-4, I suspect there will be suitors.

Despite Fresno State, you also have to think DeRuyter's name might be in play - especially for a bigger name football school (read: USC) looking for a defensive coordinator upgrade.
71Bear
SoFlaBear said:

It depends how the season plays out. If we end 8-4, I suspect there will be suitors.

Despite Fresno State, you also have to think DeRuyter's name might be in play - especially for a bigger name football school (read: USC) looking for a defensive coordinator upgrade.
Some guys are good coordinators and lousy head coaches (see Gilby). DeRuyter appears to be in this category.

If SC replaces Helton, they will seek out a guy with a resume that includes successful head coaching experience.
calgldnbear
If they move Helton (although somewhere I read they don't have the money to do so with so much used and tied up already ... that sounds funny actually), U$C will want to get a coach with some past pedigree and "name" already. They won't want to take chances on past failed head coaches or coordinators

It is U$C after all, they don't piddle around in the shallow end, they want to make the big splash
socaliganbear
calgldnbear said:

If they move Helton (although somewhere I read they don't have the money to do so with so much used and tied up already ... that sounds funny actually), U$C will want to get a coach with some past pedigree and "name" already. They won't want to take chances on past failed head coaches or coordinators

It is U$C after all, they don't piddle around in the shallow end, they want to make the big splash

What was the last big splash USC hire? Sark? Lol.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.